Pounders

Discussion in 'MAX' started by ZaiThKoTR, Apr 29, 2015.

1. ZaiThKoTR

I was an Avid PS1 Player and even played in the Beta for PS2 but it did not truly grab me so I moved on. I decided to give it another go since H1Z1 is an amazing game but the cheating/hacking is truly insane.....

Anyways, I never played around with maxes all that much in PS1, I was more of a grounder or Mosq Tower guy, back hacking/cutting off supply guy. I am having fun with the Max and have been trying to unlock all of the guns to see what I like, ask questions and read the forums. I only have 1 fracture but not too overly impressed so decided to unlock the 2nd pounder and it is pretty damn good.

I have heard from people that they are terrible and I just don't get it. Am I missing something? They are good against soft and hard targets. I dont lock down, I want freedom of mobility but I can see how that could be pretty awesome in certain situations. The only real drawback that I do see to them is the tiny amount of ammo you can carry. Other than that, they are fantastic. 3 Weeks later and almost BR40, I cannot wait to unlock more.
    • Up x 1
  2. RainbowDash9

i only recently got the second pounder because people said they were bad, but then i thought "meh its just 250 certs, why not" best damn things i ever did to that max. lock down in a smart location will decimate armor columns. infantry are a little harder cuz theyre smaller, but still effective. if you dont have engineers around you and you dont use lockdown, you could always try the ammo canister or whatever its called. gives you extra mags.
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

yeps pounders are one of my favourite max weapons,
    they didn't even mention the ammo nerf in the patch notes that changed them and they haven't uttered a word about the huge nerf.
    so it makes me wonder if it is intended, but they used to have 71 (i think 71, it was 70 something) rounds before and now its a puny 40.
  4. NinjaEarnBikes

I don't see how anyone could've told you Pounders were bad. Beyond 20m, it is the most versatile weapon TR Maxes have available.
    • Up x 5
  5. DCWarHound

They were buffed.

Now they just a bit worse then ravens in the anti-vehicle and anti-infantry department.Still they wreck maxes and wreck vehicles when locked down.
  6. Imp C Bravo

I've never used a pounder. But I have seen some crazy good kills from people using them when they learned how to aim them. Like crazy good.
  7. Leivve

Best weapons for alpha max smack down.
    • Up x 1
  8. Nurath

The only real problem with pounders is their fire arc, which is why some players would probably call them naff.

Frankly I think Pounders are one of the few brighter lights in the TR's otherwise dim arsenal.
    • Up x 2
  9. RainbowDash9

even then the arc is workable, they have that big trail of smoke for a reason.

i love hitting MBT's in the howling pass area
    • Up x 1