Pounder nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paperlamp, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paperlamp

Welp, I'm out, last fun weapon TR has completely destroyed. 3volleys/6shots to kill infantry ruins the weapon and it has absolutely no purpose. At least you could've given TR buffs in their weaker areas(like maybe Fractures?!?!) before nerf hammering the Pounders.

There are now pretty much no weapons on TR other than the Banshee now that are equal or as strong as VS/NC options or as enjoyable to use. All our ES stuff is boring RoF increases and/or it makes us stationary which is just awful game design. And since I don't fly and can't zip around Banshee farming, peace out.

GG nerfing the PPA though, maybe Prowler will be AI king again but with HEAT/HE in such a sad state I doubt it means much.
  2. BarxBaron

If true then the easier to use comet better get the same nerf.

Also time to nerf ravens, blueshift, etc.

Pounder was only tr max tool equal or better while the facs have plenty equals or better. Funny thing is that the pounder was the one effective max wep that took skill, especially in the open at range.
    • Up x 1
  3. Metallic123

When were the pounders nerfed?
  4. Hessesian

When did you see Comet maxes completely blocking briges and hallways for infantry ?

Only guys using AV weapons against infantry are TR with Pounders and NC with Ravens
    • Up x 6
  5. MAXArmar

Yeah time to nerf the mercies too.
  6. Shatteredstar

If you are getting hit by comets at anything beyond like 50-70 meters you need to stop standing still so much or realize that some people know how to lead a target given how slow the projectiles move.

Sucks for pounders to eat a nerf I really think they need to make fractures a bit stronger in their role at least.
  7. Flag

"Oh no, my AV weapon isn't destroying infantry left right and center, at the same time!"

... How about you use your AI guns for AI?
    • Up x 11
  8. FateJH

Pounders were never that good. Going from three shots (1 dual, 1 single) to six shots (3 dual) on a character without full flak armor is still an interesting change. All that really matters, though, is that the armor resistances are adjusted accordingly if direct damage was affected.

Op still hasn't listed his source.
    • Up x 1
  9. Flag

Pounders should never have been made good at AI in the first place. It's an AV weapon. Anti Vehicle.

By the way, I've been looking around, where are people saying the Pounder is due a nerf? What's the source?
    • Up x 2
  10. Fellgnome

TR's AI are the lowest performing of all factions, if we had weapons more on par with Blueshifts(which are basically mercies with better accuracy) or Mattocks we'd use Pounders for AI less.

Pounders are - or were - more of a side-grade to our lackluster AI weapons than they were overpowered, even if they weren't intended as AI. Not like Ravens/Falcons/Comets don't get used for AI as well, but they're also better/easier to use vs. vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  11. Flag

Then that would be one way to argue for an adjustment to the AI guns. It really doesn't justify AV guns being good as general purpouse guns. If that's what you want, go with different guns on the arms.
  12. Mhorlok

Sometimes you don't have a choice, and to have some Medic roll up and kill you as a Max with a pistol while eating 2 magazines of weapons strong enough to kill tanks is just plain ignorant...

With AV grenades almost one shooting a Max and so many C4 Fairies out there Maxes already have a rough time of it... oh and guess what the TR Maxes specialty is? Locking down so we can't move to get an extra round or two out...
    Light Assault C4 users mean you MUST stay mobile so locking down isn't an option...

Back on topic sorry...
    Adding more Infantry damage to AV weapons is a little overpowering - but nerfing them to do less doesn't make sense either...
    I have a toon on each Faction and yes I agree the NC AV max is the post powerful against Infantry - not only because it does the most damage to them but because you can guide the rockets to the target...

The Vanu AV max doesn't do a lot to Infantry, I usually don't even bother because those giant blazing arrows leading all the C4 Fairies to me make it painful... but... No other Empire can stand maxes on the top of a tech plant shooting vehicles 900 meters away while being invulnerable to return fire... I can lob tank rounds all day at the Maxes shooting at me but if I am beyond infantry render range even if I hit the spot the Max is camping me from I can do no damage because if I can't render the Max beyond 500 meters I can't damage it... (NC and TR maxes can stand at the same range - but with massive drop to the rounds we become an indirect fire weapon - alot harder to hit vehicles unless they are stationary)

So lets sum it up...
    NC AV Max can guide on target - have a giant shield to block tank rounds AND they can 1 or at most 2 shot infantry.
    VS Max can stand behind cover charge up - step out and do massive damage, they can also take out vehicles from well beyond max render range making them invulnerable to the vehicles they are killing

TR Maxes can? Lock down to be sprinkled with C4 Fairy dust?
    Wait but the rate of fire on... oh but with the massive cones of fire on all of our weapons you see the same hit ratio as the other empires...

If you can kill a Pounder max faster than he can kill you in a one on one - explain why it's worth being in a Max again?
    And if my Pounder round can put a hole in reinforced enemy Armor - why shouldn't it be able to put a terminal hole in your infantry armor?
    • Up x 2
  13. Flag

Game balance > Realism.
    And if you have AV guns, and get caught out in an AI situation, tough. You're supposed to have a problem.
    Like, if I bring AI guns on a tank, and meet an AV tank I'm supposed to have a problem.
    Same should be true for the MAX.
    • Up x 4
  14. Xasapis

Pounders need some ump against vehicles, but right now they are completely broken against infantry and MAXes. Fractures are on par with Vortexes, but both are really weak compared to what the NC have.
    • Up x 2
  15. OldCuban

And the nerfs keep driving subscribers away.......

When will the Devs realize the nerfs to unique weapons are killing the game.

It takes SKILL to kill infantry with pounders.

Getting three direct hits with them on a moving target isn't an easy feat by any means.

So now it takes 6, oh well.

I at least hope they still do the same dmg against armor.

And sorry Flag, but I completely disagree.

The moment you take away realism from a combat game, you also take away the fun.

You should at no point get shot with an explosive round and survive. Nevermind getting hit with 6 of them. 3 WAS a good compromise.

Give it a couple weeks and the devs will buff another AV weapon against infantry like they did to the Striker.

Funny isn't it? The devs nerf an AV weapon because people are killing too much infantry with it, but just a week earlier buffed the Striker's dmg against INFANTRY ONLY?

As I've stated before, the autopilot is on and our ship is headed towards a reef........
    • Up x 1
  16. Paperlamp

My bad guys Pounders are fine, I was only shooting one arm 'cause my mouse had something stuck under the RMB.

Back to infantry farming.
    • Up x 1
  17. Canaris

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  18. Prudentia

that reminds me of the time a friend accidently Rebound his fire button to something else and then complained that he had a permanent weaponlock....
    • Up x 1
  19. DG-MOD-02

Please keep posts constructive and respectful as suggested within the SOE forum Guidelines.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.