Post your opinions on the next PTS update..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ArmorMan, Aug 16, 2017.

1. JibbaJabba

I like the rewards.

Look we all like watching a football game or maybe playing some poker for just chips right? When someone comes and smacks some money on the table **** gets real.

My worry: On population imbalanced servers this could cause issues over the long run. 100 Alerts from now, one faction might be curb stomping the others because of the cumulative effect of the rewards.
  2. Demigan

If I recall correctly when buying it on the PTS, 500 certs.
    It now goes into the utility slot and regenerates itself after 2 minutes, so you don't even lose resources.

I think it's one of the most awesome additions for Medics. The Medics don't need to constantly run after dead bodies who, because they are dead, are obviously in the line of fire somewhere and endanger the Medic. This way a Medic can literally push the frontlines, or even set up an alternate frontline by placing one within 100m of a large group of friendlies to offer them a new approach to the problem.
    Let's not forget that the FS also has a denial radius for other FS's. So if one Medic places one the other Medics can still keep on reviving to keep their frontline intact until they come far enough that they can finally place their FS. When they fail in reviving the allies still have the FS to fall back upon.
    • Up x 1
  3. LtBomber1

Sounds good! Rly good.
    But i hope they somehow make some adjustments for low pop fractions. It is next to impossible for such a fraction to cap a continent with the rules they showed, and this would cause massive 4th fractioning and win-team-joining.
    Simplest would be buffing the reward by a fair amount for underpop...
    A little harder would be dynamic alert time or terretory requirements for starting/winning the alert.
  4. adamts01

From what I've seen, the team that's steamrolling usually ends up with close to 50% population because of the guaranteed continent lock. This 2v1 really seems like it'll balance things out. And **** all those continents locked in 45 minutes because of hives. This change couldn't have come soon enough.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ziggurat8

Not sure how I feel about the faction initiating the Alert getting the best rewards for winning.

I guess we'll see how it plays out but think about it like this.

Alert pops. You now have a chance to win items you don't already own that would normally cost DBC or certs. But ONLY IF you're on the initiating faction.

Do you stay on a faction that didn't initiate? You have 0.00% chance of a goody even if you dominate.

Me? I play all factions. I'm gonna jump on the initiator side every single Alert unless they change the reward. Loser is guaranteed a reward for playing. Only the initiator has the chance for something special or worth DBC....seems like a no brainer to me. Even a very small chance, say 0.01% is better than 0.

That's without gaming the system. Say I spend a ton of time convincing a group of vets to join with me. So our crew is always ready to work together on any faction soon as an alert pops. We could be enemies most of the time but unified for a single purpose. Free goodies.

Not so far fetched.
  6. ZDarkShadowsZ

From what was explained in the live stream it does seem like a good improvement on the current build. The idea of rewarding players based off of the time they've spent contributing towards the alert may also help to improve the issue many people seem to have with players hopping over to the character of the winning faction.

The changes to the continent locks made me feel like there wasn't much point to fighting for the continent anymore during alerts etc. Though I feel like the changes to both the alert system and the continent locking, especially the HIVES will change my opinion and due to the rewards offered, will encourage me to continue playing the alert from start to finish.
    • Up x 1
  7. LordKrelas

Well, they have to win the alert in addition which means keeping all their territory against the two other sides.
    It's not only a lot more work, but they also had to be the one with the points to trigger it.

In addition, don't forget the rewards are also affected by your time playing during the alert.
    They mentioned this in the stream.

As well, there IS rewards for the side that stops the Alert starter.
    And there is rewards in general, just the best goes to the winner who started the alert if they won the alert.

Aka not as bad if you think.
  8. The Shady Engineer

Cautiously optimistic.

The changes look great. The fact they want to bring back the territory meta and reduce HIVE influence is encouraging. The new alert system is excellent imo. If nothing else, it brings back some of that "persistent world" feeling planetside used to have.

The rewards as a percentage of your contribution is a fantastic idea and making the rewards matter and potentially be super good is a great incentive for your average planetman to actually give a damn about winning the alert for the faction instead of personal stats. The post lockdown light show is a nice touch.

Also on a side note, these dev streams are very good and should happen more often. :D
    • Up x 4