Post your opinions on the next PTS update..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ArmorMan, Aug 16, 2017.

1. ArmorMan

Imo everything they said is a straight improvement to the game and i'm ok with the changes, just have to see how they play on live.

Post your opinions!
    • Up x 7
  2. TR5L4Y3R

... i´m looking forward to it .. like this might be what PS2 needs to be more compelling in general
  3. LordKrelas

I'm looking forward to the Implants via ISO even if that crap is basically 35-certs a piece.
    And the continent lock? Beautiful light-show of death.

The final alert? Sounds fun.
    Also Hives aren't the ultimate VP engine. Glorious!
    • Up x 2
  4. Mehanal

Can someone list the planned changes? I watched bits and pieces of the stream but not all of it.
  5. TheSunlikeOne

1. New continent locking mechanic. Getting 10 VP triggers the alert of TR/VS/NC vs the other two. You win - you lock the continent. You lose - your Hive-generated VPs are gone and continent remains unlocked. Depending on your efforts you'll be rewarded with ISO-4 and/or/maybe loot boxes with cosmetic stuff and/or boosts.

And the continent gets nuked btw...

2. New items:
    - New jump jets. Depletes instantly, but quickly pushes you forward in arc-trajectory akin to Zone Troopers's jump jets from CnC3.
    - Repair Nade for Engi.

3. Hinted items/stuff you could miss (hinted, but not explained):
    - New NC sniper rifle:
    http://i.imgur.com/kgm2NSF.jpg
    ... and don't try to enter the code on the right side of the pic - I tried, nothing happened.;)
    - New implants:
    http://i.imgur.com/ZVSY48i.jpg
    - Sanctuaries:
    http://i.imgur.com/6x8abLy.jpg
    - NSX Daymio:
    http://i.imgur.com/DpA2LKB.jpg

No info on tank secondaries/referal main cannons was given.

P.S. Damn, fixing mistypes at 6:40 AM is difficult. Sorry, if I've left some.
    • Up x 8
  6. Mehanal

Thanks for that!
  7. Metalsheep

I think I am more excited about the possibility of Sanctuaries than anything else I have seen so far. Sanctuaries mean they could make an Intercontinental Lattice much more feasible.
    • Up x 3
  8. Campagne

I don't know how I feel about the new continent locking. Could be good, could be bad.

Also dislike the idea of getting instantly nuked, as if regular OSes weren't already totally awful for everyone without their finger on the trigger.
    • Up x 1
  9. TheSunlikeOne

I suppose it is done to make everyone stop fighting in a locked continent.
  10. Pelojian

if they wanted to do that they could make it so when a continent locks it forces everyone to an immediate and instant redeploy to the next unlocked continent.
    • Up x 2
  11. TheSunlikeOne

That wouldn't be as stylish. But, yes... this most likely will become an annoyance later on. Not to mention the rage of KD addicts.
  12. Demigan

It's interesting, there's the risk that double-teaming would prevent one team from ever locking a continent but it's a risk I'm willing to take over the current feeling of randomness of a continent lock. In fact, actually achieving a victory could suddenly feel much more rewarding. Renegade and Renegade-X both had playstyles like that: It was immensely difficult to achieve the destruction of a single building (and you had to knock off 3 to 8 of them), but the feeling of reward for doing so was substantial.

Other than that, the global OS bombing looks cool but feels a bit tame, I expect the awesomeness of the actual explosions will fade quickly. I would be more interested in an anti-Zerg attack that will cause such a mass-bombardment on a single region, but then you get questions like "who's going to get the killcount for that?" and the like that will cause people to complain.
  13. Lazy Shadow

No new stuff for medic...
  14. Nilithium

Calm the calamity that is your mammaries. There was nothing new annlunced for the HA, Infiltrator (just a tease of an NC rifle) or any MAX. There was that NS rifle tho.
  15. Mehanal

I'm pumped to get ISO-4 without it being a blatant cert-sinker anymore. Yay for implant upgrades!
  16. Demigan

They are working on the Forwards Station. Look it up it's going to be an awesome new addition.
    • Up x 2
  17. LordKrelas

Not like Continent locks \ Alerts are going to give out much, I'd assume.
    Think about it: You have to get 2 Hive VPs, and 8 Lattice VPs, to trigger the alert which lasts an Hour.
    With the ISO reward output being modified by how long you were active during the alert, and if your side triggered it, won, or lost.

Implants easily cost thousands of ISO.
    And that's for upgrades.
    I can't imagine the ISO costs of buying Implants to not be massive.

So no, it's more likely still a cert sink, just not it's not the Sole option for implants.
    Which was Murderous as hell.
  18. Lazy Shadow

I wonder how much they will cost
  19. Halkesh

IMO, it will be an awesome addition for everyone except the medic who will basically lose his job. I think the medic don't need more tool to revive people but more tools to keep them alive without having to revive them.

That new alert system look great : at least now the 2 vs 1 coalitions will happens against the stronger, not the weaker. Also, an alert with a 1 hour duration (2 hour was too long) with a reward for everyone who participate, including loser, is a good idea.
    Reward that is depending on the time participating to the alert is a good idea to prevent people to switch faction at the last time just for the reward.
    The continent multiple Orbital Strike are a good idea to force people to get out of the locked continent. Same thing for the pop-up that isn't in the middle of the screen (it's about time).
    • Up x 1
  20. MichaelMoen

Dat rifle though. It looks nothing like the usual PS2 art style. Looks awesome. But I'm sure I'll never use it. I can't stand how Sniper Rifles handle. And by that I mean my aim is complete crap with them.