Post your MMO mouse and keyboard recommendations

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeadAlive99, May 24, 2016.

1. DeadAlive99

I'm getting ready to order an MMO mouse and keyboard and would like to hear your recommendations.

There are 2 restrictions that I can think of:

1) Must be wired.

2) The keyboard must have a palm rest. I always use the keyboard in my lap, so a palm rest is critical, and I don't want to 'rig something up'. I'm not sure if there are any gaming keyboards with a palm rest. Hopefully there are.
  2. Diggsano

I am using the Logitech G 600 Mouse and a standart Keyboard.

The Mouse has got 12 Buttons for your thumb, 3 mouse buttons (Index finger, middle finger and ring finger) and you have got 2 buttons on the top of the mouse too, not to forget that the mousewheel is clickable to right and left (mouse button 4 and 5)

Also you can set the color of the LED how it impulses, if it should change or just stay one color.

The DPI is adjustable

Trough the Easy Programm of Logitech it is even pretty easy to make macros for your mouse and you also can set different commants on all buttons exept the left mouse button.

You can bind every key you want to make what you want!
  3. Shiaari

Steel Series Sensei, and a PS/2 analog keyboard.
    • Up x 1
  4. Stormsinger

I love that mouse, +1 to that suggestion.

I also quite like the Logitech G500, the adjustable weight is quite nice, and the on-mouse DPI / sensitivity adjustment is top notch, especially for Magrider driving / flight oriented things.

If you feel like going crazy on a keyboard, I love my Mechanical Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum - not overly loud, fairly responsive, good tactile response.
  5. TeknoBug

Using a Corsair K70 brown keyboard and my Razer Taipan middle wheel quit working properly so I pulled out my Steelseries Xai (or Sensei RAW). I require an ambidextrous mouse due to being left handed.

And i used an IBM PS/2 keyboard for almost 20 years with a PS2-USB adapter later on.
  6. Jogido

A few more requirements would be good. Can you give:
    • Budget
    • minimum mouse buttons
    • keyboard key types matter? rubber dome, mechanical
    • keyboard macros needed?
  7. Taemien

I've personally purchased 2x Razer Naga and 2x Logitech G600 over the last 4 years. The Naga mice failed within 6 months of purchase each. The G600 have not. The reason I have two G600 mice is because of how well they performed. I bought a second one to go with my laptop on the go. Once you get used to the 12 thumb buttons.. you never go back. Works good for FPS, MOBAs, and a variety of other games, not just MMORPGs.

For a Keyboard I used to have a Razer Lycosa.. like the Naga mice.. it too failed within 6 months. I then used a Logitech G510 for a year or so. I recently upgraded to the G910 mechanical keyboard. Got it on sale from Amazon at 50% off. Its one sweet keyboard to say the least. That is if you can get used to the shape of the keys.. if not they sell a key replacer set for the more common shape.

So I personally use the G600 and G910, both wired, I also steer clear of wireless inputs. I highly recommend against Razer products. They just don't seem to last.

I heard Corsair is a good brand. I'll be trying the Corsair Scimitar MMO Mouse if my older G600 fails (its a few years old now).

Fixed some of that for you. :cool:
  8. Towie

Corsair K70 RGB - it has a palm rest, Cherry Red switches and you can set the individual key colours (handy when there are ton of keys to use - as in PS2).

Corsair M65 RGB Mouse - you can set the DPI individually on multiple profiles, change in-flight and has a dedicated sniper button to give fine control when you need it.

Both are wired - but the keyboard is quite heavy so you might not want to have it on your lap for an extended period !
  9. Diggsano

10. Moz

Logitech G700s and Roccat Ryos MK pro

In the world of mice there are really two options available to you that aren't CRAP! Logitech and Steelseries the rest are rubbish!

I have had, Razer, Mad Catz and Roccat Mice they are all TERRIBLE in comparrison!

Razer mice are terrible in terms of build quality, Madcatz software is garbage and the Roccat mouse.... WELL just well!

You dont have to worry to much with your mech keyboard as the all use the same keys just in a different box... My Roccat MK is "OK"! Wish i had gone for the new Logitech instead though!!

EDIT: Also, wireless is fine for gaming now a days!!
  11. Drzewo

mouse: logitech g502 (I really love it, and I’ve felt difference, when I move from old one to it)
    keyboard: any (but if you have spare funds something with cherry MX, it is just so nice under fingers, but completely unnecessary in terms of performance in game [well, except full rollover, but pc2 keyboard can do this too] unless you are some kind of uberpro and can feel those few milliseconds)
  12. coreupted

I am using an Aorus k7 Thunder Mech board. Has a seperate Macro Pad (numpad) which can be used on it's own, so much smaller than a TKL.
    Also got Ducky pro 2 and Gamdias Ultimate both Mech Boards with latter having macro keys and massive palm rest, far to big (imo).
    Using Logitech G303 mouse.
  13. TOXIC_MACHAMP

just get the planetmans2000 track ball dlc its usefull
  14. Rainproof

I've had a Logitech G500 mouse since they came out and just bought a Corsair Strafe Cherry Brown keyboard. WOW do I like it! Love to play with low lighting in the room and as I'm not much of a typist the colored lighting (and combinations there of) on the keyboard are perfect. It's lower in price than the K70 and adds a pass through USB port. It's on the pricey side but I've probable spent $100 on cheap keyboards in the last four years and with the feel of the this new keyboard I'm satisfied.
  15. TheSunlikeOne

Using Razer Naga molten since 2011, and it still runs perfectly.

As for OP's "keyboard with palm rest"... check out Razer Orbweaver keypad. It isn't full sized keyboard, but just may be the device you are looking for.
  16. SavatageRoyo

I never used a MMO mouse but I had a Logitech G 700 for years which had 4 thumb buttons. From my experience 4 thumb buttons is plenty and anything above is more illusionary than a real benefit. (maybe 6 buttons if designed well)

Although I never tryed what it would be using a MMO mouse I know by utilizing 4 thumb buttons for DOTA it can be a bit of a strain and hassle to move your hand all the time instead of using the mouse for it`s main purpose for precise pointing.
    Or in other words during very "demanding" situations it will quite simply F up your "aim" alot at the end.
    If you have time you might as well just use the keyboard.

For a mouse in general Logitech should always be the first option. Great quality, sustain, ergonomics, software and a reasonable price.
  17. cobaltlightning

Before I give recommendations, Why are you wanting an MMO RPG M&K Setup for an MMO FPS Game that behaves more like a really REALLY big arena shooter, anyway? Planning on spending more than 7 hours in a Planetside 2 session? According to the old Chinese proverbs, 'The brighter flame burns twice as quickly.'

As for the recommendations, the only thing I can recommend is a Mouse, which is the only other mouse I've ever used aside from Logitech's M100, is the Logitech G402.
  18. Moz

Your a lucky man!

Just go search for Razer poor build quality on the web.... they are terribad! Which is a shame they look cool and the software is nice....
  19. breeje

there are many good mouses on the market and almost every gaming mouse will be good enough to play this game
    i prefer Logitech but if you want something different ( i am totally serious here )
    and some gamers will call out how crazy i am, try the Logitech G700s

i know it's wireless and no gamer will ever play wireless
    but the response time of this mouse is fabulous
    it's not accepted among hardcore gamers and if they know i killed them with my G700s they call me a cheater
    this mouse is really this good with no cables holding you down

for the keyboard, don't go mechanical if you're not playing alone in the room
    there is noting more annoying then a gamer on a mechanical keyboard
  20. TeknoBug

I agree with Moz, I used a lot of Razer mice and keyboards in the past 15 some odd years and a lot of them break in 3-4 years, longest lasting was the Diammondback mouse (original one), after that one died I got hte Copperhead and taht went belly up in like 6 weeks, got the left-hand version of the Deathaddr and buttons quit working after a year, got the Taipan (love the metal body) and middle mouse button doesn't work anymore. Still got my Steelseries Xai from 8 years ago(?) and it still works. Also a couple years ago my Razer keyboard (forget brand name) wiring came loose and quit working too.