Post nerf libs...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by {joer, Jan 18, 2013.

1. {joer

I can't tell a difference on the ground. Still camped in outdoor bases, still hitting while doing belly flops, still impossible to escape unless you have a good sized force with you which means you have no chance if outzerged.

So I'm trying to figure out how things have changed?
    • Up x 1
  2. JokeForgrim

Zepher takes more shots to kill now apparently.

Also the INVR and thermals have had their range nerfed by about 100m's.

Burster Maxes and AA turrets have been buffed.

Armours the same and ESF armour is the same.
  3. MrPokealot

Well I find it near impossible to hit aircraft with zephyrs or daltons anymore @__@ and you literally have to be hovering right above a target to hit it, god forbid you start lagging as a gunner
  4. Highfall

Two AA-maxes do wonders now, they completely wreck any ESFs who dare to get close, and can easily keep liberators at a safe distance.
  5. VelcroPudding

The reason you don't see a difference is you are one of the people who just stay in the spawn room and never redeploy when you are spawn camped.

Seriously, just redeploy, spawn to an adjacent location and flank them. I still can't comprehend why so many people just keep respawning in the same spawn room only to get killed over and over as they try to leave, and then complain they can't survive.
    • Up x 23
  6. Hauger

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  7. NoctD

There is not much difference... its still stupid broken for the most part. ESFs though are quite a joke now.

They should just take the stupid Liberator out of the game. Everyone would be better off, including other air.
    • Up x 1
  8. Mehrk

In other words they should just make the game footzerg CoD online. It's called a gunship for a reason.

OP, it wasn't really nerfed. It just had the amount of accuracy required to use it effectively increased. Unless you count not being able to kill people inside buildings a 'nerf' instead of balance.
  9. Bill Hicks

Probably because liberators bombed everything on their way to the camp your spawn?
  10. LibertyRevolution

Libs have to fly at 350m to use IR, or 250m to use Thermal.
    That is well within max and skygaurd range now, so libs are easy kills now if you would just pull some AA.

But yes, we can still bomb you from flight ceiling with a dalton with zoom, but we are now blind firing on the spawn buildings.
    We cant see targets anymore because now spot only shows for people within 150m of the guy spotting...

Zypher was nurfed hard, instakill area reduced to 1.5m from 4m.. we now have to hit a target 1.5m from 300m.
    If you think its easy mode, go gun a lib...
    • Up x 2
  11. Skadi

Trust me theres been a impact, lib pilots that once dominated by hovoring are now being wrecked because they fly even LOWER now... so basicaly the horde of bad lib pilots are being punished but the skilled piots/gunners are sitting back saying "LOL, what nerf" which imo is about right...
    • Up x 6
  12. HyperMatrix

The disproportionate XP and kills from lib gunners actually says it all.
  13. HadesR

Have to agree not noticed much Diff .. Still see them flying belly side ways hitting every thing they aim for
  14. MiZrY

People will continue to complain about any kind of "death from above" aircraft until they are completely removed from the game, which won't happen.

Nobody on the receiving end of aircraft with weapons has ever "liked" them since their introduction in real life AND games.

Don't like it? Go back in time and tell the person who came up with the idea of dropping explosives from the air that it's "not fair".
    • Up x 1
  15. NoctD

Gunship its not... its really more an orbital strike. Get rid of the six shot Zephyr and reduce it to 1 shot. The Dalton is still stupid powerful vs. turrets too. Remove these 2 weapons, and we'd have a real gunship. These weapons turn it into something else.
  16. HyperMatrix

I don't mind air. But I'd like an S400 air defense system that will blow it up before it gets within bombing range. IF...you want to talk about real life.
    • Up x 1
  17. MiZrY

An S400 would be cool.... won't be effective against something like a B-2 though.

My point is in real life AND games, air power will always have an advantage against ground targets. It's just the nature of the beast.
  18. Bejita231

And you are one of those people who think its fine that people have to redeploy and give up the base when one or two liberators show up, no matter how many infantry you have stuck in the spawn shack

And LoL @ flanking, by the time you get to their base it will be there's, and the daltons will start farming you
  19. IMTasty

Once you have been pushed all the way to the spawn room and are being contained the base is lost. As it should be, if you want to take the base back you should regroup with your platoon/outfit and counter attack the base with sufficient equipment, not spawn in a surrounded, camped and constantly bombed spawn room. Why would you even do that? How is that logical?

The enemy is not supposed to get that far in the first place, you're supposed to prevent them from doing that. Once it has gotten that far redeploy somewhere else and either go for a different objective or organize your group to take it back.

And 2 libs? Really, if you had 4 maxes when they came and you were ready they would've had no chance. I regularly defend against air attacks without a problem, you just need to be prepared. A few Maxes, some heavies with Annihilators, and a few engineers and medics to keep everyone up and everything except a huge air attack is gonna fly away with the tail in between their legs. And if there does come such a massive air wave big enough to wipe us away then that has had much more resources/people in it than us, which makes it a moot point.
  20. Protential

Libs need to drop bombs, not shoot them.
    • Up x 1