Possible upcoming armors sneak peek

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Torok, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Monkeydmomo

These all look godly. I'd pay cash for them.
  2. Hicksimus

Those are amazing but given how expensive the bland armor kits are right now I doubt I could afford something with a design inspired by something other than an accountant.
  3. bobek388

First get rid of the armor and decal clipping issues before putting up an armor for 20 dollars...
    TR helmet does look cool but it makes TR soldiers look like some evil demon characters instead of professional military guys.
  4. Xhaleon

The TR suit here is a bit too similar to the XCOM EU 2012 Titan armor, standard permutation (not DLC variants). It has a skin-tight look that goes with the VS and not the TR, that might be the cause of your feeling.

I don't remember these being any more than fancy concept art. We really could use them and more armor cosmetics though. NC helmets in particular often doesn't work very well with the body armor. I am sure some VS would like a proper set of robes to go with their recent glut of hoods, too.
  5. doombro

Oh heavens yes, are those MAX goggles?
  6. janeTEXAS

7. DeadliestMoon

In other words, "these are so good that they'd make a killing on selling this, but I'm going to claim that the factions should've looked like this from the beginning because I don't want to pay for this."
    • Up x 1
  8. WyrdHarper

The default look right now is pretty terrible, especially with the lack of cosmetic face options. In addition, you can clearly see where they took off the armor on the original models so they could sell it in some places. At this point, they should consider having a free way to earn the composite helmets. They look much more sensible military than the open-faced things we have. No reason not to sell these new ones, though.
    • Up x 1
  9. Luighseach

I honestly hope these do not come into the game. I'm already broke but this would have me throwing all the money I have at them. Love the NC design.

I mean this actually looks like futuristic armor that can actually protect you against something unlike the current football pads they seem to have put on the NC.
    • Up x 2
  10. DashRendar

No, I said what I meant. I have spent close to $500 in support of this game so far. Is it my opinion that this is how the factions should have looked, this is how EVERYONE should look, not just a small portion of "elites" who decided to pay money to get the kit. At this point we don't need any more obvious distinctions between obvious money spenders and free players, we need more universal game content.
    • Up x 2
  11. Madcat9

Intimidation factor? Well except for the VS one I am pretty sure its got a Pegasus look going on (well a pretty scary Pegasus).
  12. Madcat9

It always bothered me that my forum picture has a face mask while my in-game medic doesn't.
    • Up x 4
  13. Gundem

The problem is that SOE needs that money though.

They made everything in Alpha/Advertisements look really, really awesome. Or, at least pretty cool. Then, they give VS Full body spandex, and expect you to pay $2.50 to not look like you just came out of a Yoga class.

Pretty cheap, but I have to hand it to SOE for coming up with a plan like that. I just wish I could pay to look as cool as that.

Sure, in a perfect world, everything would look as badass as that. But in said perfect world, every piece of gear would be faction specific, powerful and balanced with each others weapons and other factions weapons.
    • Up x 1
  14. JudgeDeath

f2p ... design revolved around what sells the most.

But the actual armors would look nice. Even thou they dont actually do anything and you could just as well run around in 3 stripe adidas.
  15. CHDT65

Please, NO.
    Enough "cartoon" things in this game.
    I don't want PS2 to be filled with 3d models looking like Happy Meal plastic toys for five years old kids or toons from a cheap Japanese anime movie from Cartoon Network (1).

Just get back to Alpha art stuff and everything will be ok.

(1) does SOE know that many "old" guys play this game ?
    • Up x 2
  16. CHDT65

Asymetry is always a bad thing on an aesthical point of view.
  17. Hatesphere

not really, its only an issue if its done wrong. asymmetry can bring a lot of visual interest if done right. symmetry is boring.
    • Up x 3
  18. CHDT65

Symmetry is not "boring", as in the nature, many animals choose their mates, looking at the symetrical features, as asymetry often indicates something wrong in the genes.

So, asymmetry, bad, very bad.
  19. Raraldor

NC has a Dead Space kind of vibe going for me
  20. Hatesphere

only if you are so boring that you look at that in design not related to what you will be mating with. asymmetry can be a powerful tool for design if properly used. or do you **** your living room furniture?
    • Up x 4