[Suggestion] Possible resource rewards for successful base defense?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Talthos, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Talthos

Perhaps successful defensive actions could reward a variable amount of the resource type tied to that base?

Example: Successful defenses of the center base, could reward a portion of Polystellarite to all 'present and participating' members of the faction that currently owns it, regardless of outfit ('present and participating' meaning that they actually chipped in a bunch for the defense).

And if the outfit that owns the base also chipped in a bunch to help defend? Perhaps they can get an extra bit of the base-specific resource, on top of the aforementioned defensive reward that the other same-faction defenders would already get; an extra reward for outfits that stay committed to holding onto vital bases (let alone properly holding and defending the assets that they took, period).

Lastly, taking the aforementioned ideas into account, maybe scale the 'defensive reward' based on how long the base timer spent going 'back and forth', before the defenders finally gain the upper hand and successfully complete the defense.

After all, a stubborn defense that holds out and finally pushes the attackers out after a gruelling 60 minute battle, should surely yield a greater resource reward than a defensive battle that ended in only 30 seconds, yes?
    • Up x 5
  2. Johannes Kaiser

Sounds reasonable.
    • Up x 2
  3. Talthos

Thanks. Hopefully, more folks can lend feedback here (I tried Reddit already; the thread got a handful of upvotes, and zero responses).
    • Up x 1
  4. Liewec123

nope, zergs only!
    no defence allowed!

they disabled defensive sunderer deployment,
    they reworked bases, moving capture points and shield generators into easily attackable/difficult to defend locations,
    they reduced base capture time,

and now they are hurling rewards at zergfits who only attack and never defend,
    including the biggest farming cheese "the bastion" as a reward for their zerging.

when is everyone going to get the picture? DBG hate winnable defense.
    zerg or get zerged.
    spend 3 minutes spamming HE at a spawn shield
    or spend 3 minutes behind a spawn shield that is getting spammed with HE.
    fun.
    • Up x 2
  5. Rooklie

You'd have to balance the timer. But I'm sure it would be possible to do.

What I mean is, if I spawn at a base 10 seconds before the timer is reset and everyone gets the "base defended" reward, or if I was fighting there from teh start, shouldn't give the same reward should it? That wouldn't be fair. Cause currently, it does.

Also, another example is if you sucessfully defend a base, and everyone ***** off, except for your favourite little stalker, who, a short time after, goes and caps the A point, then goes to hide somewhere.

You run to A, "successfully defend the base" after the timer is reset, even if that timer was only a few seconds.

But not only that, you re deploy, and while you're looking at the map thinking about where to go, you notice the timer is running again, so spawn, you cap A, and again, you "successfully defended" the base.

See what I mean? :)
  6. Talthos

Hence, the emphasis on 'present and participating'; like how alerts require minimum participation to even be 'eligible' for 'end of alert rewards'.

Example: Show up in the final 10 seconds, hoping for easy resources? You didn't contribute to the defense, so no reward for you.
    • Up x 2
  7. Rooklie

Ah sorry, I confess, I only skimmed through the post, didn't register that part !
  8. Rooklie

THIS IS OFF TOPIC ! (sorry :p)

which is really strange, when you think about it (I know this is off topic, there aren't any spoilers but I'll make it obvious).

How people, how I, will spend less than a second reading a poster's original post in a thread, and then, will spend next to 5 minutes (or whatever amount of time, it's a lot more :p) replying to it....

Almost as if we are desperate to express ourselves, but couldn't care less about what it is we say or why lol.

9. TRspy007

Yes, that would be more logical, and hopefully encourage outfit cooperation, instead of zerg/ghoscapping without defending other outfit's bases.

To bring even more incentive, the base could actually award what is on it for the defense. People get 5 auraxium for capturing a base, but could earn a few blue or purple things for defending them as well. Right now it's weird that the system does not encourage defending a base.

I've seen people lose the whole continent because one huge outfit decides they are going to defend the crown or the ascent for the whole alert, just so they can get as much purple resources as they can, while the whole map evaporates. Giving people resources for defending bases they don't own would be a step in the right direction I think.
  10. Talthos

The OP already covers this; I merely used the center base as an example. The idea is that defending a base rewards the resource tied to that base.

Center bases are just the most notable, since purple resource is such a goddamn pain for non-zergfits to get, but make no mistake; blue and green resources would also be part of that 'defensive reward' system.

Yes, that means successful biolab defenses would start rewarding blue resources.

Edit: I need to stop typing   every time I start a new line, freaking Reddit formatting habits...
    • Up x 1