Population Queue During a Continent Alert

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liquidrider, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Liquidrider

Please tell me there is not a Population Queue for lower popped factions during an alert. If there is, than Continent Alerts should not even exist.

In the image below Vanu and TR should not have any queue at all.

[IMG]

I am not even kidding our ENTIRE platoon just said "Screw it" and some additional unkind vocab and logged-out to play others games. This should be MAJOR red flags for SOE. There is losing, and than there is just straight up farming. This alert was a farm.

The XP Bonus is worthless when the resources are non-existent to fight back.
  2. PostalDude

Is this Waterson ?
    • Up x 1
  3. Tommyp2006

I'm confused... You're upset that you have more players on your faction, so you have a queue to get into the continent because you hit your pop limit, and your upset that the enemy faction doesn't have a queue as well while being underpopped?

Maybe you should start playing the underpop faction...
    • Up x 1
  4. iller

There's no way that's connery, the VENU would still have the lion's share of the territory even with the smaller cont pop

Waterson :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  5. Dill Bagner

Yes, you are confused. You're misreading the post. He's complaining about TR and VS having a queue. I didn't think this worked this way, though. Something's off
  6. Tommyp2006

OK I was making the assumption that he was playing NC, because I was just on Waterson, and there wasn't a queue for TR.
  7. FieldMarshall

It was like that in PS1. 2 empires would get like 40% pop each and the last empire would get 20%, to stop 3week stalemates or whatever.
    Worked great in a game with 10 continents and multiple continent locks and no alerts, but this isnt PS1
  8. Liquidrider

Is there even a point for a queue? I'd understand if the server's can't take the player base. It wasn't till later into the alert we had people stuck and couldn't help us out.
  9. Liquidrider

Yes, that is correct. Although my rant was more of a question as well. Is there a queue for the underpopped population on a specific server? In other words clearly the NC should not be gaining anymore players on Amerish in my screenshot, so is their Queue longer than TR / Vanu?
  10. z1967

If I recall. There are a maximum of 2000 players per continent. You can fit 666 players per faction onto each continent. The numbers of NC, VS, and TR should be independent of each other. eg. The VS can have 666 players (enacting the queue) but the TR may only 234 players (which does not activate a queue) and the NC could have 446 (still no queue). That is how it works afaik.
    • Up x 1
  11. Liquidrider

Thank you z1967 for the clarification :) that does make it sound much better than the rumor mill I was listening to over Voice Chat which turned into an all out SOE hate deathmatch.