Poor performance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TehKittenCat., Apr 29, 2017.

1. TehKittenCat.

In a fight or viewing map, ultra or lowest settings, even while windowed 1024x768 lowest possible settings, PS2 constantly uses over 70% of my CPU and my framerate sits at about 15-20 fps. There are no demanding processes in the background, all drivers are up-to-date, both CPU and GPU never exceed 65 deg. C.

I've got i7-7700k @ 4.2 GHz (boosts to 4.4 GHz while in game), gtx1060 6gb, 16gb ram, game runs from 550mb/s+ SSD.
    I've already tried uninstall-and-reinstall "fix" but obviously it didn't work. All my other games run just fine on high graphical settings but PlanetSide is unplayable even on lowest... Any ideas what could be the case and how to fix it?
  2. Sazukata

Playing the game windowed will destroy your CPU/RAM since it has to keep anything else ready to be tabbed in. Go full screen and things should clear up (I use the windows button to tab out of the game when needed).

I only know the basics of PC gaming, so take my advice lightly. Your specs are approximately twice as good as mine (and I get 30-40 in medium-small fights), so there's definitely something out of place.