Pls tell me how to use baron

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Coliax, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Coliax

I dont get ***** done with that weapon it's frustrating. And all the "kill-steals" (dont know if you can call it like that) dosent make it better.
    I already found out that it's easyer to stand still when using slugs but pls, give me hints
    (and pls note that i want to do this on my HA)

My current tactic is using baron with HV/NV Scope, forward grip and slugs together with resist shield and nanoweave armor. I look carfull around corners with shield up and aiming down sights. If i see someone, i stop moving and shoot (this is by far the best way i found to get kills)

Ps: Thanks already to everyone for your tips (also sry for my bad english)
  2. Eternaloptimist

I only run the Baron on engie, LA or engineer. I stick to high RoF LMGs for close quarters work with HA. I still have MSW-R and Orion but I have just certed the NC Promise and it is a room broom with the extended mag :eek:.

I use Baron only for indoors fights but I stick to pellets (10 per shot compared to about 8 for ES shotties IIRC). Baron has lower damage per pellet than the ES shotguns (84 rather than 100 IIRC so you get a little more damage from the Baron in theory)especially at close range due to the tighter spread. Slugs can be pretty unpredictable in their accuracy - or they certainly were before the last tweak to shotguns generally.

I use a 1x reflex sight for aiming down sights at anything more than point blank range just so the target is not masked by the iron sights. ADS concentrates the pellet burst and can kill at up to 20 metres with two or three shots unless target is running an overshield.

If you fire on the move then your spread of pellets from hipfire does not increase unless you are running, so you can strafe with the Baron (maybe others too but IDK). Standing still is not rewarded.

I'm not a shotgun expert but it works for me, especially when you get surprised by an enemy in a fairly small room- just blam away from the hip. Also good for spraying a room with more than one target in it (I always take extended mags as I do not think of shotguns as precision weapons and so I can't see the value of a foregrip on a scatter gun designed for short ranged engagements).

Hope this helps and interested to hear other views (and any corrections if I have got any facts wrong)