Please Wrel, if you read it

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rhello, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Rhello

Please, for the love of god, change the auraxium weapons. The whole directive system could use improvements :

PISTOLS :
    • Only 4 pistols should be required to accomplish the directive, 5 is an overkill grind-fest.
    • Give them flashlights : I worked towards that directive, and only figured out recently that they didn't have any rail attachments, while the only practical advantage they had was a less severe muzzle velocity loss due to the suppressor. There's no reason to take The President/Immortal/Executive over any other pistol, quite the opposite. Giving them a flashlight would make them less useless.

SCOUT RIFLES :

• Give the Infiltrator class access to the battle rifles, or create separate scout rifles and battle rifles directives. The first option is much more simple, and much faster to do. I think Scr1nrusher explained enough why this would be logical to give the scout rifles to the infiltrators, since they're the designated marksmen of the game, and it makes sense that they could use battle rifles and the reward for completing the directive.

SUBMACHINE-GUNS :

• The only word I can use to describe the footage I saw from the Skorpios, and my personal experience with the shuriken, would be terrible. The Skorpios seems to have a lot of recoil, but to remain workable at medium ranges, a bit like a TRAC-5, but the Shuriken, is a broken weapon for the following reasons : it is a weapon built upon a close range platform, which was aimed to be more polyvalent on medium ranges, BUT :
    1/ It has a ****** damage profile, you're better off firing your TX1 Repeater to get the enemy. When the enemy is about 20 meters away from you, in a realistic combat situation, you'll dump half of your magazine if it's not an heavy assault. If it's 30 meters away from you, a whole mag is wasted. I improved my accuracy and recoil control, but the weapon (the Shuriken) keeps going left and right after 5 bullets, and people know that burst firing a weapon with a low damage profile sounds ridiculous, and unworkable.

2/ The recoil, is ridiculous. Seriously, the recoil per shot (particularly the horizontal one), is just unworkable at ranges beyond 10 meters. All that recoil is from the platform it was built upon, but it's worsened by the special barrel attachment, and the HVA ammo, which gives a tiny 18 m/s for a 50% increase in the recoil, according to Iridar's guide, link is below.

Therefore, we can say this leaves us with worsened SMGs, maybe the Tempest is somewhat decent because it behaved like the NS7 PDW at range, but overall, there's no reason to go for the Auraxium rewards over the standard SMGs.

How to fix these SMGs ? Give a foregrip to the SMGs, better damage profile with SPA, and make some velocity tweaks, along with horizontal recoil. The latter is just ridiculous.

SNIPER RIFLES :

• Basically, take the "heaviest" ES sniper rifle of a faction, cut down their maximum range for OHK headshots (235 meters if I'm correct), put a compensator that is going to reveal you on the minimap twice the distance of the RAMS/Longshot/Parralax, but give it an additional 30 m/s in exchange. Not a good plan if you ask me. Sniper rifles should have been equiped with a flash hider, and had have their range extended, in exchange of an extended bolting time and reload speed (0.1 sec would do).

OTHER WEAPONS :

• From this point, as the VS has the heat mechanic on some weapons, it feels like they offer the player a different weapon rather than a carbon copie, which is good. But I hear that some weapons feel like not different at all, even worse than they should be, it is the case for assault rifles and shotguns, the latter I see rarely used. If I don't provide a feedback for the rest of the weapons, it is because I solely played Infiltrator and light assault for a long time.

OBJECTIVES :

• Create more objectives to pursue, or reduce the amount of objectives required to reach a rank by one. No way an infantry player is going to take out 200 deployed sunderers by himself, and in any way, it always comes up to kill-stealing. There are plenty of ways to help your team, like deploying a sunderer, repairing a sunderer, killing people upon capture points, etc.. Just having 5 objectives for this directive makes no sense.

OTHER NOTES :

• For a weapon, either counting assists + kills, or counting the total damage dealt with this weapon, would encourage teamwork, instead of firing the last shot and stealing the kill, and would make it less of a grind.
    • For classes, there should be an elite rank of directive (the picture of the medal could be red, blue, and purple), that would unlock auraxium helmets and/or auraxium armors with more surface covered compared to the auraxium rank of the directive.
    • As said before, a new medal should be created, and should be shown after 2500 kills with the same weapon. If an elite rank is created for weapons, it should offer another weapon that is representating of the faction : the terran republic should get a weapon with a lot of dakka, the NC a really powerful weapon, and so on. These elite weapons should be the extremes of the factions if they ever have to be implemented, in my humble opinion.
    • Last but not least, weapons should ALL be given an ES trait, like a spin-up time for all TR automatic weapons, or a bigger mag for Semi/Burst weapons, and some kind of magnetic charging or whatever for NC semi automatic weapons, at the cost of mag size and firing rate. Things like that would actually create a difference between auraxium weapons, while creating new playstyle upon them, as viable as regular playstyles with regular weapons.

LINKS :

http://planethead.info/

The link above is the link leading to Iridar's guide about planetside 2, not finished yet, but provides fair judgements on weapons and classes, and how to use them effectively.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...oiUTy8cSyIVeNrC04ODU/edit?pli=1#gid=399291316

This one sums up the attachments of weapons, kinda outdated when it comes to LMGs, but whatever.

http://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=rhello

The last one is here if you think I'm just a scrub talking about things he doesn't has a clue about, just note this was my first character I created, and started out as a cannon fodder LA years ago. I don't consider myself as a freaking MLG pro player, but I guess I'm more or less alright when it comes to play the classes I like, and therefore, my opinion on balance may be worth more than a newer player's.

Thanks for reading, and if you, Wrel, or anyone from the developper team read this, please, improve the late game experience for somewhat old/dedicated class players.
    • Up x 1