[Suggestion] Please upgrade the rande for grande lunchers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BlizardX, Apr 4, 2016.

1. BlizardX

sorry I meant range not rande
    The range for grande luncher is just ridiculously low. When you switch to grande luncher the wepon showed in such an angle that it feels like it should travel long distance but in reality when you shoting stright (the wepon in 45 degrees angle) it travels less than 10 meters. And crosshair wich tries to mimic real life crosshair for grande lunchers that help you set the right angle for the range is useless.
    Looking at all of that gives me the feeling that who ever designed it have no clue how grande lunchers should work.

here you can see a video how grande luncher works:
    even when the angle is nearly zero the grande still travels much more than in the game.
  2. Sebastien

Because they would become a really good farm tool, again. You go back a couple years and look at Kill Streak videos, a lot of them are just engineers in trees shooting grenades at people.
    At least with the drop it takes a modicum of skill to kill people with, rather than just pointing at their feet and clicking.
  3. oTec

Before you buff my grande luncher, i suggest you take me out for dinner first >.<.

No but seriously, i never get killed by a nade launcher and i never use it so got no idea.
    • Up x 1
  4. BlizardX

That is the point, it sucks.
  5. oTec

Well if something is OP, they just nerf it into the abyss. 'Tis the PS2 way. But i still see people using them from time to time.
  6. Liewec123

things don't work as they do in real life, its a balancing issue,
    could you imagine if you could instagib people with grenade launchers from 150m?
    i think the UBGL is in a good spot as it is (i use it a lot on my engi) :D
  7. BlizardX

Than they just limit the ammo pool and not giving to ammo packs the ability to refill amounitaion to this wepon.
  8. Ryme_Intrinseca

Yeah, it would be like giving a class 45% extra HP, an LMG AND a rocket to instagib infantry from 150M :rolleyes:
  9. EPIC389

Grenade launchers are fine on my engi

Its always fun being light arty
  10. Liewec123

really? you're taking a thread about UBGL as an opportunity to qq about heavies? XD
    there are 10,000 other threads you can take that too.
    • Up x 1
  11. Sebastien

But that doesn't make it less cheesy, it just means there's more time between getting cheesed, but it's gonna happen anyway.
    • Up x 1
  12. thebigbortishbort

back when i used it , i only ever used it as a fallback weapon against maxes , use it like this and its actually pretty good if you land a good hit , though back to the point don't use it as an AI weapon , inspite of it being a grenade its pretty much a water balloon.
  13. Moz

You forgot the fact its not a 1HK.... that kinda slows down the spam train!
  14. BlizardX

More over it reloads really slow.
    • Up x 1
  15. FateJH

It's still fairly good for that as far as I can tell.
    This is PlanetSide 2. It's expected that you're going to die to forces outside of your control at some point.
    • Up x 2
  16. Shiaari

No, it doesn't suck. Use a UBGL with an Engineer to see how much it doesn't suck. I stopped using it because it was too damn easy.
  17. BlizardX

I did, and it still sucks.
  18. BlizardX

19. Demigan

I think all underbarrel attachments should get a (small) nerf.
    Then all underbarrel attachments should be instantly fireable. No switching to it, no switching back. You can fire them without interrupting whatever else you are doing.

This makes the underbarrel attachments a much better tool to carry around. You get into a fight, close the distance while firing and put an underbarrel shotgun into them. Or as you fire at a target a small group enters and you lob an underbarrel grenade at them without pause. Or as you attack an enemy you fire a smoke grenade to obscure his vision. This allows for a much more versatile loadout and tactics when equipping an underbarrel attachment.

Usage:
    Press (button) to fire, depending on the attachment your COF will instantly grow as a downside. Press (button) again to reload. This means you can reload after the battle is done.

It would also mean we can introduce new types of underbarrel attachment. Just think of a bayonet to skewer people even as you pump them full of bullets. It's also a useful alternative to a quick-knife even though it wouldn't replace the quick-knife.
    What about a solid slug as underbarrel attachment? Make it highly accurate, a powerful addition for a strong alpha-strike at range. Or if you've damaged an enemy this could be the finishing shot as they try to put distance and cover between you.
    How about an concussion/flash dart? Only causes a concussion/flash effect on the target you hit. The concussion effect could be a less effective version of the full concussion grenade. Things like velocity and drop can easily balance this out.
  20. FateJH

When people are of the opinion that the current options are not performing to satisfaction, it doesn't feel appropriate to tell them that for "relatively less performance" they can have more options of equally questionable performance. The problem is that some people don't trust the baseline performance of what they actually have; and, you're asking them to trust the performance of something that hasn't even been designed yet but will assuredly be based on similar performance levels of what already exists.