Please stop crying about infiltrators...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scatterblak, Jun 16, 2021.

1. TR5L4Y3R

general decloak delay and taking away shield while huntercloak is aktive should be a good enough change on the infil
    • Up x 2
  2. That_One_Kane_Guy

Either / Or, both is too much. Another option would be to let the cloak decay over time like the Heavy Assault shield does.
  3. DarkQuark

Honestly, a few simple tweaks like you mention would really do it.
  4. LordAnnihilator

There does exist an easy way to force a decloak delay. It exists in the game even. Just give the cloak an inventory slot. If you equip it, you can turn it on and off with a little animation, and if you press F you have to sit through that quick animation. But then add a caveat. You have to keep slot 4 equipped while cloaked. Forcing you to re-equip stuff. You could also add a holster delay on the cloak equip, forcing you to take longer to swap back to your gun, possibly faster for Stalker, much slower for Nano Armour. This would reduce the amount of times a campy Infil could quickscope you before he even uncloaks on your screen and force those kinds of players to use their cloak more tactically, rather than relying on it for cheap surprise executions and fouling attempted countermeasures.
    • Up x 1
  5. Trigga

Darklight broken for around 2 years now, this vid is 9 months old....:

Its ok tho, because during that time we got a campaign to play, that made everything better on Auraxis.....
    • Up x 1
  6. Mechwolf

The heavy mains complaining about infiltrators will never not be funny.

Remember when they had one counter to their shields (emp grenades) and they nerfed vehicles into oblivion?
  7. That_One_Kane_Guy

Heavies haven't been a problem for years.
  8. BlackFox

Not as funny as Infiltrators trying to relativise their broken class with mentioning other construction sites
    • Up x 1
  9. JustGotSuspended

I remember the counter to their shields is headshots, don't remember any changes to that.

EMP nade is a crutch and has stayed broken for years. Strips everyone of 50% health - up to 90% with bionics - at the push of a button. Goes through walls with massive radius too. No skill required.
  10. Mechwolf

Infils on ps4 don't have this problem, most of us can see the shimmer because we're all limited to the same graphics. Stalker cloakers exist, but their ttk is abysmal, and snipers are hardly even used thanks to killcams.
  11. Mechwolf

Well I meant for the average player, about 85% of players can't out-dps a heavy, and heavies have been by far the most played class, and people preaching they're the hardest are obviously trolls. You don't have the vast majority of players maining a meta because it's hard.
  12. Mechwolf

Well I meant for the average player, about 85% of players can't out-dps a heavy, and heavies have been by far the most played class, and people preaching they're the hardest are obviously trolls. You don't have the vast majority of players maining a meta because it's hard.
  13. Mechwolf

Didn't mean to double post
  14. Mechwolf

Emp grenades were the only counter to heavies for the average player, something to nullify abilities was a great addition, even if it was on the infiltrator class
  15. LordAnnihilator

I feel EMP nade is in an ok place as it stands. The primary balance to a grenade is limitations. You can only carry one without Grenade Bandolier, and if you do you sacrifice things like the all-encompassing Nanoweave. If someone is able to rapidly resupply and hurl EMPs, that's probably fine because they're likely being assaulted at their spawn anyway. But as far as broken things about Infils go, the ability to neuter shield health probably shouldn't be the first thing on the balancing docket. Plus, without EMPs, breaking Engineer nests becomes a lot more difficult and reliant on massed fire and Rockets.

Yeah I'm easily among that 85%. Sure, LMGs have their limitations, but they easily have amongst the highest sustain and possible skill ceiling, which is why you see Headshot Warriors a lot. They're also the only class with a ranged AV option thats sort of reliable - the Rocklet Rifle only really shines in conjunction with C4, which is CQC, and the limitations on the Engineers AV turret make it easily the least popular pick of the 3 turrets. I don't know, maybe I'm talking out my ***.
    • Up x 1
  16. That_One_Kane_Guy

They have a low skill floor, but as far as skill ceilings go the LMGs are on the lower end of the spectrum. Without the benefit of the Overshield they lose to most other weapons in a fair fight. Mag size makes it good for farming, but that's about it.
    Ranged AV in general is pretty poor unless the tanks oblige to come in close and stupid. More often than not you end up using the Launcher to chunk MAX Suits, but C4 is better for that, anyway.

As someone who remembers the monsters they used to be, Heavies are in a good place right now.
    • Up x 1
  17. JustGotSuspended

lol no.

Only bad players have issues dealing with good heavies, which amount to a small portion of the community.

They aren't by far the most played class, if we disregard engineer (because everyone uses it for vehicles) heavy is only marginally more played than infil. And that's before the class was nerfed, so it wouldn't be surprising if infil is number one now, or the small gap has gotten smaller.

They are one of the hardest classes to play effectively. If you use the shield to win 1v1s, you probably aren't very good and I doubt even with the shield you'll win a 1v1. You forget that lmgs have slower ttk, which basically means it's faster to kill a heavy with the shield than for a heavy to kill someone, unless they land headshots.

Heavies are in part played because of the nature of the game. They are the most versatile class adapted to the mmo fps combined arms nature of the game.

Infils are the most effective and easiest infantry class to play, which is why they are a close second (possibly first) in terms of most played, despite their role supposed to be niche and having little to do with the nature of the game.
  18. JustGotSuspended

lol no.

You can kill them with most weapons before they can even switch on their shields. With shields up, they're an even easier target. If you have trouble dealing with a slow target that's got 407 extra health draining at 18hp/s, you can fall back I guess and learn to aim for the head. Seriously you're all complaining about heavies and stuff, but pretty much any class is stronger. So if you can't deal with a heavy, you can't really deal with anything lol.

Make players focus on improving themselves, don't equip them with "I win" grenades. While it's fine to make the nades affect deployable, turrets, whatever, having an effect on individual's hp and ability energy is just silly and makes the nades far too powerful.
  19. GotBuds

I always thought the counter to heavies was an AP/Halberd round to the face. That's also a just reward for anyone playing a lock-on easy mode class.
  20. JustGotSuspended

nah it's all about aiming better, same counter against every class except MAX and infil.

ofc if you can't aim cheese works too