Please stop crying about infiltrators...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scatterblak, Jun 16, 2021.

1. BlackFox

I think they just should make cloakers visible with IF sights again, and remove implant perks that hide the heat signature (Sidewinder level 5) from the class when cloaked.

The only reliable counter is a lousy flashlight, and even that doesn't always work that well
    • Up x 2
  2. DarkQuark

The Pro Infiltrator, a dedicated victim blamer...

-The reason you die to infiltrators is because:
    you suck, get gud
    you keep standing still
    you don't have a good enough monitor
    you ISP is garbage

-Of course it has NOTHING to do with:
    cloak
    1 shot 1 kill weaps
    client lag
    1000 cheesewizz's per battle being an infiltrator because it's low risk/high reward

There is of course a place for the class in the game and it does not need a nerf so much as a tweaking on a few fronts.
    • Up x 5
  3. JustGotSuspended

keep using word you don't know about bud, worked real well for you last time. Totally makes you seem intelligent when you tell a French person that the French word you misused in your argument is Latin - and insult him while doing so.

Perhaps when you get down from your high horse and actually start doing simple crosschecks before spitting out collaged posts of nonsense your opinions will hold somewhat of a value/meaning.

offers responses to his own account? Yup again confirming you lack the ability to read or do anything other than copy/pasta send.

Truly a prime example of the average infil player lol keep it up
  4. Liewec123

you've really never heard anyone say the term "from a mile away" before?
    you know i don't actually mean a literal mile right?
    but yeah since i stepped up to 2k i can usually spot moving infils out to atleast 30m very easily.
    the crisper your resolution the more they stand out.
    • Up x 2
  5. CHINI

To me infiltrators are one thing: situational
    You can't just use them always everywhere. In some situations they suck like any other class. What most people do not understand is that infiltrators are good outdoors, heavys are good indoors and medics, engineers are support classes. Infil is not a support class. It is literally: "Sometimes you do not play in bases, but in the open, tanks AG will farm the **** out of you, if you can't hide from them"
    A solo player will most often not win against an infil as they have your position. When going against a squad which has an infil as solo you have no choice but to use an implant to hide from the map.
    I find that to be rather more op, as infils have this incredible tool but heavys and other classes do not. (I'd take motion spotters over spitfires)

I question you:
    minimap: yes/no? (me: no)
    better audio for tracking: yes/no? (me: yes)

When playing heavy, infils win rarely against me.
    When playing light assault, it's 50/50. I can flank them easily.
    When playing medic... no I suck playing medic.
    When playing engineer, I'm at a disadvantage in the open but at a clear advantage within a building. (explosive crossbow knive combo)

If that was too cryptic: I find infils to be overpowered, but not for the cloak as my trained eye can discern that easily, but rather for the motion spotter.
  6. Scroffel5

I like this post. You are right. We can agree with that. Motion spotter screws me up every time I'm in an Infil v Infil fight, because I don't know what range I am being spotted from until I get too close. Maybe a motion spotter should make a beeping sound or only people who are running should be spotted by it in the way it spots now, with fluid motion capture instead of blips(?)
  7. DarkQuark

Did I say I had not heard that expression before? No I did not. And I knew exactly what you mean I just happen to think you are intentionally overstating it for whatever reason. As I mentioned, yes a larger and higher res monitor helps but you stated:
    "Ever since I got a new pc and monitor and moved up to 2k resolution I can see infils from a mile away,
    Seems at higher resolutions cloak is utterly useless"

But not only do you forget what you said, now you claim it's when they are moving which that part I do agree with. I can see them decently when they move, especially against a flat background. But to call cloak "utterly useless" is total hyperbole.
  8. BlackFox

Motion spotters don't spot people that are crouching - a quite unknow fact despite it being a tooltip in the loading screen
  9. xMeserionx

Infiltrators are NOT OP, they have clear and effective counters:

- Darklight Flaslight attachment (available on virtually every weapon)
    - Unless they're crouched, very easy to see the "blob" of their cloak from within 10 to 15 meters
    - If you standstill then you deserve to die
    - If you get sniped from afar while moving, give that sniper a golf clap because he is skilled and move on. There are so ways to die and if you have a medic you can basically forget about that death.
    - Motion spotters work on even invisible targets if they're not crouched.
    - If you spot the cloak "blob" you basically win that firefight because they cannot fire until they decloak
    - Their cloak effect is very loud and unique for each faction, if they're toggling cloak often that means they may have a sniper or primary, but if they just sit in cloak, all they have is a sidearm.

IMO Light Assaults are the OP class in the game as they do the Infiltrator job better, they DO NOT have a distinct, or loud noise related to their ability (jetpacks vs. cloak), and they can flank from above with C4 before you can even react. Also unlike Infiltrators, Light Assaults have several effective Anti-Vehicle choices. Finally with certain implants like Nightmare, they can go killing sprees while cloaked with a shotgun with ease.
  10. JustGotSuspended

LOL

it all ended as soon as you put darklight at the top of your list. Dude, what a meme :D
  11. Demigan

Well if thinking two steps beyond "I don't like it so it must be bad" is already considered "mental gymnastics" then all I can say is Git Gud Scrub. There might be a tutorial somewhere for you. Something on the lines of "use WASD keys to move around".
  12. BlackFox

Yeah, there is only ONE reliable counter, and that is a low range flashlight that doesn't work that well in well lit enviroments either. There are implants that can render motion sensors useless and they can't be seen on IF sights anymore when cloaked

Balance™
  13. Zhakathoom

Darklight is also wholly unreliable. I've stood ontop of a stalker with my darklightflashlight out and it didn't reveal him. I knew he was there and even bumped into him but the flashlight did nothing..
    • Up x 5
  14. DarkQuark

Well you ignored most of what I said. And your whole "argument" devolved into literally "git gud scrub".

This is such a vicious attack I cannot see how I will recover.

However, thanks for the meme. It made me laugh.
  15. Demigan

Hypocrite much? I keep reminding you that you don't really respond to what I tell you, that you keep saying things that I already said or that you keep going "ah but this is how it is now so that's why it can't be different if you change it!". Which is a miracle of twisted thinking in itself.

This "viscious attack" is because you either deliberately or through complete incapability keep insulting me by not actually taking the time to really adress my points or create strawmen.
  16. Scroffel5

I am very much aware of that. Is catlike a good counter to Infiltrator's recon?
  17. UberNoob1337101

It definitely works on stalker infil very well, but I prefer Sensor Shield 5. Gotta go fast.
  18. That_One_Kane_Guy

It's a really sad state of affairs when the only card you hold is a single word in a year-old thread. Again I am faced with the conundrum of whether it's really fair to continue to entertain you or if it's better to let you flail about until you get yourself banned again.

That said, you are in no position to lecture anyone about insults. The fact that you are allowed to continue to participate here is a minor miracle.
    My opinions hold no value in your eyes? What a travesty.
    I can't make it any clearer or use any smaller words, but you are very clearly guilty of exactly what you accused me of. I don't know what point you're trying to prove here other than the fact that your Denial game is S-Tier.
    Yeah that's...that's about par for the course from you.
  19. Luicanus

For the most part I agree with you, however giving them access to Cortium bombs is completely broken.
  20. BlackFox

It's helpful in hunting them down and makes it a bit easier