Please stop crying about infiltrators...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scatterblak, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Scatterblak

...All you have to do is stop standing still for seconds at a time in the open, checking your map, engaging in witty repartee in chat, etc.

"Infiltrators are a cancer" is just another way of saying you're not very good at moving around, situational awareness, and paying attention. I play inf about 99% of the time, and I *carefully* choose who to engage. I'll sneak past 10 enemies to get to the HA who's sitting in the tower unloading a carbine and *not moving*, not paying attention, not looking around once in a while. It's laughable that people are implying that the class with the least armor and the weakest weapons is somehow overpowered. If you're getting killed constantly by infiltrators, it's not because they need a nerf - it's because you just want to stand still and spray bullets, chat, look at the map, and pretend there's no one else around.
    • Up x 5
  2. DarkQuark

Yeah, I think we all pretty much assumed that upon seeing your post.

And no constantly moving DOES NOT save your from infiltrators. It saves you from some of them. I got whacked 3 or 4 times yesterday in 1 fight (granted it was a large fight that lent itself to sniping) all while I was in motion.

Lastly, "the class with the least armor and the weakest weapons is somehow overpowered" is a disingenuous statement and you know it. Let's not forget the cloak, firing while invisible (due to lag) and that whole 1 shot 1 kill thing.
    • Up x 9
  3. JustGotSuspended

LOL.

Man an infiltrator telling others they aren't skilled. The game's really in a sorry state.

Yeah that totally doesn't sound like an OP crutch lol. On top of that admitting infils aren't doing anything for their faction.

I mean if you like instantly killing immobile things without getting shot at in return, that's cool and all but you could just go to VR or play a sniping simulator. Ofc it's the fault the devs made buffing the infil class to the max and completely ruining the meta, but still I never really understood why people would play an MMO FPS to get the same experience they'd have from fighting NPCs in a sniper game.

Still, solid meme post, made me chuckle.

Would be cool if you could link your character profile(s) for another round of laughing.

Edit: nvm is this your main?

https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=scatterblak&show=weapons

:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  4. Scatterblak

It's my main. :) It's an OP crutch for sure, I guess -- I mean, how dare I not engage a HA head on, even though he's got more shield, wayyyy more DPS, etc? :) Re: not doing anything for their faction - that's your (wrong) opinion, but you're welcome to it. :) There's a lot more than kills to helping cap territory - spotting, flipping resources, taking out snipers and other long-distance threats, etc. :)

...wow, who wrote that crap at ps2.fisu.pw? lol! I don't even use tank mines (11,525%?). Here's a better one, except with accurate math: https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428010917249622913/stats
  5. UberNoob1337101

Bruh.

Now, as someone who plays infil, LA and medic, I really don't see how Infil lacks either of these.

You have bolters, the semi-auto snipers and scouts, SMGs, mines, OHK knives, Wraith Flashes if you want to go in that direction and each capable of near-instant TTK with headshots, S12 Renegade on flashes OHKs right out of the bat with bodyshots only. EMP nades that halve everyone's health bar in a massive radius and spray-and-pray SMGs which allow you to kill enemies super fast and easily.

Motion spotters and darts to track your enemy within 40m.

And then there's the "lowest HP" myth. My dude, have you tried Nano-armor Cloaking? Bionics and Carapace infils have 1000 health like anyone else, and can use nanoweave to be on par with TTK, if not tankier because of cloak, and last time I checked Wraith Flashes are only OHK'd from full health by infantry with decimators, C4 or mines, all of which are hard to hit a small vehicle with (and mines sometimes don't proc on time). Nano-armor cloaked infils also have 1000HP and with 50% small arms resist can tank sniper headshots and live, I've had that happen a handful of times.

Saying that one of the strongest classes in the game in terms of both survivability and infantry killing power has "weakest weapons" and "least armor" is dishonest.
    • Up x 2
  6. PlanetBound

It's hard to resist nailing someone standing still. But mainly I keep an eye on the map for the faction, go forward to setup a sundy if I can, and start turning the point to help flush the previously captured base And then there's snooping out enemy sundies. It isn't as exciting as it sounds.
  7. JustGotSuspended

So we'll go with the watchman, which is the fastest killing lmg in the game (with headshots).

all headshots ttk: 0.228s - up to 10m.

Sniper:
    all headshots ttk: 0s - up to 325m.

Heavy shield: adds 407hp, which is about 2-3 more bullets from normal weapons. Movement penalty and increased visibility to enemies.

Infil: avoids infinite amount of bullets, due to their ability to be invisible (not engage).

As you say, the infil can careful pick and choose their engagement. You walk by 10 targets that can't see you so you can kill the "high priority" target that's 'standing still'. Heavy on the other hand doesn't get to pick his engagements, he's forced to deal with the cards he's dealt. In fact due to clientside he'll often die before his shield triggers on the other person's screen.

So you've got a massive advantage on the heavy, and don't take it - just to be clear.

yeah....in other words, I'm right, and you've got nothing to counter.

spotting: usually only benefits the infiltrator since they use it to defend the area they are camping from. People in fact just pull scout triage flashes because they can't count on infils for recon.

...flipping resources?

A class to counter itself. Doesn't sound OP to me. You're right to counter a heavy I must pull a heavy...or wait actually no.

Yeah man you admit it yourself and from your profile it's clear you're a cheeselord. Not really in a position to be taken seriously if you get what I mean. It's fine there's no harm in admitting you crutch, as entertaining as your posts are we all know they aren't true. There's no need to be silly, the devs going to actually nerf your "playstyle" based on community feedback.

As it goes now the best classes in the game are:
    1. Infiltrator
    2. Light Assault
    3. Medic
    4. Heavy Assault
    5. MAX - (assuming no support)
    6. Engineer
    • Up x 3
  8. JibbaJabba

OMG all these YEARS of playing and just now I realize what I must do.

THANK YOU!

I'll never complain again.
    • Up x 4
  9. JustGotSuspended

It's incredible how stupid we are!

It's a really simple solution now that we have the answer!
    • Up x 2
  10. RabidIBM

My crutch is *NOT* OP you guys!

I'll reiterate that the power of the infil definitely scales with the size of the fight. In a squad fight the cloak noise is easy to hear and if little else is on the screen the cloak shimmer is easy to see. In large scale fights they are broken.

"Just don't stand still" standing pefectly still is not required to get a *TINK*, just moving while looking down a sight. So your suggestion is that I never use my sight?

"Infils have the weakest weapon" Please oh great one! Please show me the weapons other classes have which are *more* powerful than OHK.
    • Up x 5
  11. Demigan

I've mained LA's, going on the rooftops and in area's in full view of these dastardly snipers. I made it my business to check and kill snipers in their high nests where as LA I can reach even when I have to cross open terrain to do it.

And moving works.

Infiltrators with snipers are pretty much the least of my problems, despite me sitting in the area's with relatively little cover most of the time. I can understand that snipers need a change because people don't like them, but to say that moving doesn't work is a fallacy.
    Now I have to admit that a little bit of situational awareness goes a long way. If you know a spawn location it's rarely hard to figure out what spots snipers will take so it's fairly easy to avoid their lines of sight even when you cross open terrain. I do the same with vehicles. Even so when not hunting down snipers I rarely get dinked even when shot at.

Again, I do understand the need to change them. Any weapon or ability that makes a player feel they couldn't protect themselves detracts from the game. Key word is "changed" rather than "nerfed or outright deleting the cloak or another part of the infiltrator". Such changes can also be made on the other end by providing more scanning tools and player-made protections so they feel they could actually have done better.
  12. JibbaJabba

Yes rapidly moving left and right kills the infiltrator.

(sorry, just had to point out how stupid the discussion is about this obviously OP class and it's invisibility crutch)
    • Up x 2
  13. ChaoticMonk

I take issue with this list. I think the current meta looks more like this:

Engineer - (assuming in vehicle)
    Heavy Assault - most versatile class in game + crutch shield
    Infiltrator - (assuming you can hit snap headshots at close range)
    Light Assault - (assuming you know how to move and flank properly)
    MAX - (assuming no support)
    Medic - Has no inherent advantages over over classes in a 1v1 situation, but can be annoying and res everyone you just killed.
  14. JustGotSuspended

The list I made was about infantry effectiveness in combat, I didn't include vehicles for that reason. That's why the engineer is unfortunately at the bottom, even with ASP. Your list seems more like class usage I think.

1. As said the shield is no crutch, it's of no importance in a 1v1. The shield only helps a little when chain engaging multiple targets or dealing with a vehicle. Players who rely on the shield to win a 1v1 often don't. 407 extra health + movement penalty doesn't help much in this game.
    2. there's no need to land headshots consistently with the infil. Even if you're bolting, emp + bolt to the body or 2 body shots does the trick when you miss the head.
    3. Case in point with the max. More health than the heavy yet it still sucks. Health helps a bit sure, but movement and stealth are the best things to have in this game.
    4. Medic is actually an extremely powerful class, especially considering the implants. A medic can actually generate health faster and more sustainably than a heavy can take with it's shield. Combined with some of the best weapons, they are truly a powerful class.
  15. JibbaJabba

Heh, this is getting into a religious discussion.

An ASP engineer with an assault rifle and shotgun secondary is my fav. Unlimited ammo and fasted shield recharge in the game especially with ASC or Survival.

And a medic ... again with an assault rifle and unlimited healing? Vicious.

If you go to jaeger and get free choice of what class to choose in a 1v1, pick LA.

Dunno why everyone puts the heavy on some kinda pedestal because of the shield. It's only effective against people that can't headshot and they aren't particularly dangerous anyway. LMGs have those nice deep clips but there is a reason heavies aren't allowed to have carbines and assault rifles. Too powerful. The rockets are great against maxes. C4 is better though. And heavies have been useless against vehicles ever since CAI.

But the infiltrator.... The CQC Bolter is king of the battlefield. Period. They'll eat heavies for lunch. Just click heads.
    • Up x 2
  16. UberNoob1337101

I assume this is an Engineer with ASC + Symbiote? I've seen Recursion members roll with AR primaries and shotgun secondaries, and damn, they kill at long range, they obliterate at short range... Engi is actually a viable infantry class with ASPs.

Medic is top tier with Carapace and resto kits but on the account where I main medic I can't seem to get it :confused: so it's a bit of a coin toss.

All classes have some really busted builds. I still hold Heavy in really high regard with Assimilate + Adren as the shield regen is mental, you're back in the fight even at the brink of death if you headshot kill 2 enemies and pop a medkit. Crazy comeback and sustainability, nice extra tankiness for close engagements, the issue is getting to the skill level of achieving that sort of thing.

That 407HP seems small but in this game, 2-3 shots can mean everything in a 1v1. Heavy can really help you clutch where it matters.

Infils with CQC bolters are absurd if you can hit the shots, arguably the strongest anti-infantry build in the game.
  17. JustGotSuspended

^^^^

yup this has been my go-to build since asp.

On NC I love the vanquisher with the shotgun as secondary it makes a great all-rounder.

Though ultimately in a 1v1 the engineer is the most at a disadvantage due to it lacking health/stealth or mobility modifiers. It feels like the best class to sharpen your skills and I find it more challenging and rewarding than other classes, imo.
    • Up x 1
  18. Demigan

Yes it is a pretty stupid discussion. It's similar to the good old 0.75ADS discussion. Everyone thought it was OP or necessary for certain weapons to function. Then it was removed from a lot of weapons and virtually nothing really changed. Just because the majority thinks something does not make it true.

Moving protects against infiltrators, rather than kills them. Now I agree that Infiltrators need changes but the question is how? You won't achieve anything just stating "they are OP and moving doesn't protect you". Suggest changes that improve gameplay without outright removing stuff.
    • Up x 1
  19. JibbaJabba

Nah, they fixed Symbiote and the thing will gnaw you before you reach the battle now. :(

Had to drop Symbiote and go back to Nanoweave (or Flak at times), which means giving up ASC so now Survivalist takes it's place to get that shield even quicker. :p
    Healing grenades on this build is powerful too. I'm not fantastic with this build my self. Keeping your health up requires a lot of micromanaging to get the most out of it
    This is where the heavy can shine. In X vs 1 engagements they fare better than others. In 1v1 engagements they get outclassed by others pretty easily.

Exactly. This is where the broken fire-while-cloaked mechanic is really exacerbated. Utterly broken mechanic.[/quote][/quote]
    • Up x 1
  20. JibbaJabba

It's not true because the majority thinks it is. It's true because it's true. The infiltrator class is broken and OP.

I've suggested a fix before. You were there when I did. :p

Buff the cloak.
    Put it on a (newly added) weapon slot instead of it being a suit slot.
    • Up x 2