[Suggestion] Please Review Debris Physics

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Obstruction, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Obstruction

hi Daybreak! now that we're back down to the business of doing updates and stuff, i just want to remind you of how terrible the debris physics is in Planetside 2! really, that's all! quick bullet points:
    • doesn't add anything to the game except unintentional comedy/frustration
    • probable source of performance loss (especially for consoles!)
    • source of balance issues in some cases (light vehicles instant-killing heavy vehicles)
    and the easiest fix for it all is probably just to turn off debris collisions! thanks for your time, hope everything is going great for you guys now that we're moving on from all the transition stuff.

players, tell your hilarious/awful debris stories here. attempt to rationalize this useless, frustrating mechanic as "realistic" while people post videos of harasser tires 100% gibbing MBTs! fun for the whole family. join us!
  2. FateJH

It's not realistic.

But it is amusing.
  3. Liewec123

had a battle bus debris last week start flailing around like a fish out of water, it almost single handedly took down the enemy force.
    thankyou battle bus debris for your service!
  4. Aldaris

Debris is fine.
  5. TheMercator

In this days debris are quite harmless. There where times, where a single wheel of a flash destroyed at Ti-Alloys would fly up to the crown and OHK everything it hits.
  6. Klypto

Delete Debris.

Current iteration is so bad you would be better off deleting them and starting over.

****** debris bug is the #1 reason I don't play Pluranetside 2. No other game does it this bad.
    • Up x 1
  7. Demigan

I knife a MANA turret, it explodes, the debris somehow must have moved an inch as it OHK'd me.

After some bad experiences with Flash's exploding and killing me when I'm close, I decide to stand at about 3 Sunderer Length distance from one and blow it up. I fire my last shot from my Carbine and the thing explodes, the wreck somehow jumps up and hits me in the face, killing me.
    In the same week, I thought "I won't let that happen again" and stood at 50m distance and fired at it with a rocket, I had been doing similar things the whole week after that first experience, but luck wasn't on my side. The wreck again turned on it's tracking systems and landed right on me.

And ofcourse the dozens of stories I can tell of a tank exploding next to me and instakilling me, A Harasser I destroyed slides against my tank and kills me etc.

On the flip side, Debris is quite unpredictable.
    There was going to be a Server save in a few minutes, and there were 3 Galaxies nearby while I had a Skyguard. The Galaxies decided that they only had enough time to ram me, and I got the kill for 3 Galaxies and most of what remained of their occupants despite being bathed in Galaxy wreckage.
  8. day ofm one

Friendly tank debris rolling over mine.

*ded*
  9. MarkAntony

agreed 100%. delete it now!
  10. FBVanu