[Suggestion] Please reduce respawn times

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Feb 3, 2022.

1. UberNoob1337101

15 seconds for a sunderer/spawn point respawn is silly for every continent except Oshur, where it's still bad but tolerable.

I've had to wait 30 seconds for deliverer/lodestar spawns which isn't fun, in Trident fights you can easily spend more time waiting to spawn than actually play the game if orbital spam is intense. In most meat-grinder bases the only way to play aggressively without going through 15 seconds + walking is abusing bugged squad beacons and medics, which seriously punishes non-infil flankers.
  2. JustGotSuspended

Just gonna start posting this as a reply to all the Oshur threads:

As for the respawn it's just killed the infantry game and increased the importance of K/D as a fun indicator. Deaths to cancer hurt even more now cuz you gotta stare at respawn 30s before redeploying - if the game lets you spawn in that hex. Die instantly to an OS or whatever during the 100m open field run to point? Enjoy the respawn timer! Slows the game down, further encourages zerging, and cranks up frustration for no reason. Oh, I guess they did make it so we can use beacons to tower stomp on steroids + since there's no shields in some tower bases it's even easier to tower stomp...fun!

Timers should be for force multipliers, infantry should be able to quickly respawn (0-3s), especially since where you died is already a punishment/timer that automatically balances itself after respawning.
  3. Scroffel5

I think the spawn delay of 15 seconds is perfectly fine, but 30 seconds is overkill. I get why they have it higher on non-Sunderer spawns, but its still a long time. The spawn delay encourages people to play together and not lone-wolf it, or they are going to die and have to wait a while to respawn, but as of now, people aren't really adapting to that new encouraged playstyle. At least from my experience on Emerald's NC, they don't pull nearly enough medics. We were in a huge fight and losing because we had 3 medics, all who died one after the other. We eventually got more and took the base.