Please Redesign the Striker - It's Inferior

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dgross, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Dgross

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Striker:

- can't engage ground vehicles from long range
    - can't engage base turrets from long range
    - can't engage MAX units from long range
    - can't engage aircraft using Stealth

The Lancer & Phoenix can do all of these things. Just like Fractures, TR has the weakest ESRL of all three factions.
    The last point hits home especially hard.

Of all three ESRLs, the Striker is the only one that is defeated 100% by a vehicle using a defensive slot...which is Stealth.
    The Lancer suffers no such penalty, and neither does the Phoenix (yes the rockets can be shot out of the air, but at least they still have a chance to actually hit the target).

To sum it up, TR has a dedicated AV weapon that can't efficiently engage any ground targets, can't deal with base turrets, can't deal with MAX units, and can't engage aircraft using the Stealth defensive slot at all.

Between the Fracture and the Striker, TR have no empire specific AV weapons that are actually worth a pebble of sand the TR have to stand on using these weapons.

Suggestions?

Make it work like the PS1 version, since both the Phoenix and Lancer work exactly like their PS1 counterparts.

- remove coyote mechanic
    - re-add lock on mechanic (like it used to have before it was nerfed)
    - add temporary lock on hold for 3 seconds if target is obstructed by an object (tree branch, rock, friendly soldier)
    - remove vehicle Stealth invincibility vs Striker missiles
    - increase round speed to lower the drop over long distances vs ground vehicles
    - remove CoF bloom between shots

Please throw the TR a bone here.
  2. FateJH

Does that mean we're going to be giving the Phoenix a dumbfire mode and the Lancer zoom?
  3. RedArmy

its right there in the "in developent" tab u dont need to post these anymore
    • Up x 1
  4. RykerStruvian

All your suggestions basically make the Striker worth nerfing again. Let Phoenix OHK with better flight controls/as they were originally along with dumbfire mode and you can have your Striker suggestions. But otherwise, no. Everyone else learned to deal with nerfs, you have to learn too. Maybe you should make more buff TR threads, after all there is apparently a shortage of those. :rolleyes:
  5. RedArmy

id rather just have it coyote mode for both land and air
    • Up x 1
  6. Dgross

Sure
    • Up x 1
  7. Dgross

That was literally posted today lol. I never went in there because it was always empty. What a coincidence!

Most of my suggestions have already been mirrored in the thread in the Development section of the forums that someone pointed out.
    Remove CoF, buff velocity, remove coyote mechanic.

And I think the Phoenix should have always had a dumbfire option, just like PS1.

I do like your sarcasm at the end though. Telling all of TR to just "deal with" a crappy weapon instead of fixing it. Good suggestion! Can I borrow your rolling eyes smiley?
  8. RykerStruvian

You don't have to borrow it, it is part of the forum. And no, not telling all TR, just specifically telling you. Just about every other TR player has learned to deal with their crappy AV weapons until DBG gets around to reworking them. But at least none of them are making radical suggestions as you.

Why should the TR have the only AV weapon that locks on stealth? Why should the TR have the only AV weapon that holds lock after losing line of sight? Why should TR have the only semi-auto infantry SAM with lock on capability?

Seriously. Those are some pretty ridiculous suggestions which would single out the TR AV platform as being one of the best (if not the best) easily in the game, let alone the only one which could hold lock after breaking LoS AND being able to lock on stealth. Please :rolleyes:
  9. Dgross

Last time I'm replying because you have selective reading and like to hyperbole. You can take your rolling eyes with you too. :)
  10. RykerStruvian

PS1 is not PS2. Your arguments are invalid. Welcome to 2012 (2015). Get with the program or go somewhere else. Or better yet, go play Planetside 1. As much as PS1 was awesome, PS2 is not it. And if you don't leave, make more TR QQ threads. It's been working wonderfully so far.

:rolleyes:
  11. AlterEgo

*Sigh*
    Signature says it all.
    *JK, the Striker could use some buffs, as long as the other two get some love, as well. But then again, vehicles would have to deal with MORE BS... let's consider that.
    • Up x 1
  12. OldMaster80

This simple change would make it decent.
    Right now the Striker is just poo.
    • Up x 2
  13. Eternaloptimist

I have no issue with Striker against air - it's good to be able fire off shots at a aircraft that is not visible for long enough to get a lock on. Sure it's a short range weapon compared to other RLs but I've adapted to that and it is just fun, fun, fun...........the in-development note about buffing it against ground vehicles is welcome though.
  14. Liewec123

i see this as penance for the year and a half that striker utterly disabled tank and air play for NC and VS. ;)

still, striker is my go-to launcher for AA a clip deals over half an ESFs health in damage and it doesn't give them the advanced beeping warning that allows them to flee that normal lock-ons do.

it could use a ground buff though, my suggestion would be to give it the coyote function for ALL vehicles,
    though there should be a very short delay before the homing is activated (to stop you from hiding on one side of a rock and shoot it straight in the air to hit a sundy on the other side :p)