Please note [ Removal/Restrictions on Routers ] = membership canceled

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lemurwrangler, Jan 15, 2022.

1. lemurwrangler

• Up x 2
  2. Pat22

That's a pretty salty attitude to have about an obviously broken tool in the game
    • Up x 5
  3. lemurwrangler

4. Scroffel5

If you care about only one somewhat small thing in the game and stating that if it gets changed or balanced in a way that you don't like, you are cancelling a subscription to it, what do you think that says about the somewhat small thing that you cancelled your membership over?

Listen dude. Devs and players are a symbiotic relationship. Without devs, there would be no games for players to play. So players owe it to the devs for having the game, but they need to recognize the fact that it is the DEVS game, not the players, and they can do with it what they please. Without players, there would be no support for the games devs have made. So devs owe it to the players for taking their time to play and even spend money on the game, but they too need to recognize that if they make decisions that the players don't like, they can take their time and money elsewhere. A balance and mutual understanding is required.

So before you become a complete whiny dirtbag over what somewhat small thing you enjoy way too much in this game, look at it from a developer's and game-balancer's point of view. And don't post crap like this on the forums.
    • Up x 2
  5. lemurwrangler

6. TR5L4Y3R

noted and put on ignorelist for spamming
    • Up x 4
  7. AuricStarSand

I just talked about how they needed to Buff router pad hp. Now they talk about nerfing routers. My stalker infil, can literally sneak into the A point of a amp station, up the stairs, without even having to throw smoke nades. Walk past 48 enemies, busy fighting or guarding. & stab the enemy router pad 1 time, with default noob knife & the router pad dies.

Or shoot it 1 time, with 1 clip of a emissary. How is that op? Seems weak as freak. So why nerf a weak as freak router pad? That dies from 1 grenade, or nearly. Makes no sense. Silo items need more range utility if anything I don't want my silo to babysit the OS. I want it to provide other reasons for playing Silos.Other reasons for having a far range remote silo, as most are, that's not the OS. Since front line silo's are too weak. Reason I write about Turrets. All the time. Now nerfing 1 of the items, that has to do with silo utility, that's not the overrated OS. No thanks.

I've flown to put down a router, costs 400 cortium to get esf, then fly time, then usually esf dies on the drive to where your putting the router. Than the router shows on the mini map for all enemies to see & it's shot by some LA in under 10 seconds. That's the average router go. A few times routers seem op, only if the enemy has a room full of max's on the top of stairs, at like Mao watchtower's A point building. Other than that, routers are way too easily taken out. I find them too easily to kill as an attacker & too easily router pads die when defender. So no matter the side, attacking pad or defending pad, it's too easy.
    • Up x 5
  8. RabidIBM

I'm a router runner, and I can see that routers are jenk and that much of the game content wasn't balanced for them. I'll hold my judgement until I see what they do with them.
  9. Pat22

That's BS, the router takes more than 1 stab to kill, I've done it.

No, the average router is carried along with a squad / platoon when they gal drop onto a base, placed in a corner, protected by deployable walls and several individuals, and virtually impossible to get to and destroy except by orbital strike.
    Destroying the Routing Spire at the base, back at the warpgate, won't even take the router offline.

It needs more limitations. Maybe it needs to be within a certain range of a routing spire, or it needs significantly increased cortium cost per spawn depending on how far the router is from the routing spire, or maybe we can change it to be like a teleporter rather than a spawn, whatever, but it needs more limitations.
    • Up x 1
  10. Spunk Mayo

Blackmailing with threats of leaving the game mean you weren't a valued player to begin with.

If you can't hold a simple conversation to explain why you feel this way, you aren't worth anyone's time, especially DBG's. Lots of other, larger issues with the game besides your router spam potentially getting nerfed.
    • Up x 2
  11. G.O.A.T

Routers need a buff.....This is coming from someone who loves killing them.

They are super easy to kill, takes less than a clip of bullets to kill it.....Pathetic.....For the longest time I was using C4s against it because I thought they were tough to kill, nope lol, what a waste of c4s(they take less damage with c4s/explosives lol).

Yes sometimes, they are very well defended and it's hard to get in there but most of the time it ain't that hard....You might die alot trying to get it, but you will get it eventually most of the time.
    • Up x 6
  12. Letten

Routers should be removed. They are making vehicles pointless.
    • Up x 1
  13. JibbaJabba

So?

What is your point? Did I miss some recent change to mechanics?
  14. AuricStarSand

Yeah dude, they need a buff. Someone said I didn't kill 1 with 1 swing of a generic noob knife, well I did. The pad was most likely damaged, yet still takes like what, 2 swings with a noob default knife, to kill a pad? So what 1 seconds to kill a pad? 1 swing with a 1 hit knife. or 1 shot with a shotgun = dead pad.

Any fool can run past 20 guys & shoot the pad once, or knife it 1 or 2 times, or smoke the area to do so. Most the time, the pads are in rooms, where people are throwing 10 enemy nades near it. So it dies from grenades too often too. I've thrown my body over pads, to try to absorb bullets from people shooting them & still no luck, the pad is destroyed.

From the attacker perspective, they die too easily. Even if I don't play stalker infil, & play LA with shotgun, I can still kill pads like nothing. Showing the router location on the map, is enough of a weakness, not even sunders do that. 1 kamikazee smg infil, shouldn't be able to solo a router with 1 clip, every single time.

I can think of 40 occasions where router pads, died 10 seconds after putting them at the location. & only 2 occasions where they ever seemed tough to kill (aka tons of enemy max's guarding).
    • Up x 3
  15. G.O.A.T

I agree...I feel bad sometimes killing people who just had put it down, all their work of getting the router to the point, surviving, all their time, and I end it in literally like 1-2 second (First I kill them then the router with the same clip)....It's sad how easy it is.

Like you said, it's severely nerfed because it shows in the map....it kind makes no sense IMO lol

IMO these should be the buffs....

1.Make it take explosive damage only like a sundy, it will make it way harder to kill.....so C4s/rockets to kill it.

2.Make it as strong as your normal sundy or a little bit weaker so 2 - 3 c4s to kill.

3. Make it hidden on map but allow it to be spotted.
  16. Pat22

I could only see these changes being viable if it also got a range limitation from its Routing Spire, and if destroying the Routing Spire disabled the Router as wlel.
    • Up x 1
  17. lemurwrangler

Please note membership canceled
  18. AuricStarSand

Ye, most people don't want this router nerf.
    Heard at least 10 people say they don't want routers nerfed. In-game, on this forum, & on fb.
    & yes router pads do die, to 2 noob knife swings, or 1 plasma nade.

I wish they'd buff the other 200 paragraphs I wrote about buffing silo's, instead of nerfing a building item nobody asked for. Now my steamrolled silo, has less utility range, & that os I do not want to even build has all the range. Meaning even less of a reason for me to build behind the front line, as I don't even like to build os's. & the front line gets steamrolled / my silo instantly destroyed, so out of options.
    • Up x 2
  19. JibbaJabba

It's an interim change. The new cortium and Ant mechanics massively buff the creation of bases and router bases. They don't have time to get the new router mechanics in place that they want so this is what's shipping for now.

And FFS lemur you're being a baby and nobody cares.
  20. AuricStarSand

I don't mind if they nerf range overall, as mostly outfit people are not liking this nerf. & I'm solo outfit so.

The irony tho is the pads needed a buff, so they should still buff the pads, even if the range is lessened. Saw allies rooftop router, die from a single grenade, yesterday. Should take 2 grenades or so. Not 1. Bullets too. Should need an extra reload to finish the pads.

Another irony is, if they're shortening the range of the router. Meaning the devs expect you to build on the front line. Ye right. I'm not going to 1 verse 48, while yelling at all allies for sos & they don't show. Just to use the router.

Either way, routers are for outpost outfit's. I never have time to " defend " router pads, or organize a team to spawn on 1 to guard. I'm busy harvesting or defending the silo. So I just throw the router pad, via tower item. As a double spawn.