[Suggestion] Please make weapons look more different

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by evansra, Dec 27, 2012.

1. evansra

This is a request to the devs to please make the current weapons in game more unique!

Let me start by saying i appreciate the work the devs are doing and i know they have more pressing issues to atend but i realy hope they dont gloss over these weapons in game currently and just release new ones.

I feel the weapons need more identity, so you recognise the gun that killed you kinda thing.

eg:
    My standard nc gauss looks the same as the alpha squad gun dispite much different stats.

The stalker infiltrator gun looks the same as the standard carbine but with a longer barrel.

There are too many gunns with the small blank screen at the back.

This is from an NC point of view cant speak for VS/TR... but surely i am not alone on this?
  2. Zeke342

This has already been discussed and the issue is memory. It is difficult for computers with less than 8gigs of ram to load ALL the different guns with the game in its current state (it may actually have to do with the CPU and not the memory.. I can't remember what Higby said in the past).

SoE has to optimize their game for the majority, not the minority. The players running the game on high-ultra settings are the minority.. hopefully in January when they release the optimization patch they can begin differentiating between weapons... but I wouldn't get my hopes too high.
  3. Yetii

Vanu guns all look the same. Same with TR.
    I'm really dissapointed that all the guns look the same. I recently bought the the Guass Rifle S and in the model shown it has a few silver platings on it but in game it looks exactly like the default one.
  4. evansra

I see, thank you for the information :) i figured that was the reason for the ram spike after launch with cammo's ect being added. means they will struggle adding much in the way of cosmetics then...
  5. PandoraAce

so wait, they let us have a dozen different camos, but almost all weapons look identical?

All lmgs look the same, all carbines look the same, all assault rifles look the same, then the shotguns again look like assault rifles.

Nothing better than spending 1000 hard earned certs to get exactly same gun again with marginally different stats!
  6. SturmovikDrakon

Nothing better than spending 7$ for some numbers to change

They should be ashamed of even comparing themselves to LoL in their prices.
    LoL doesn't give you the same character model with marginal changes and stat change
    LoL gives you a brand new champion with new sounds, weapons and animations

Although I'll say this, at least they've been putting in some new sounds recently for TR weapons. Nowhere near enough though

And animations... by god do they recycle animations
  7. Iksniljiksul

This is SOE. Visual items = spend money.
  8. Dasmasterneko

... You do realize that they could have set your computers on fire if they wanted. This game is way before its time as it is so there is no wonder they have to cut back on things. Besides id rather have rad camo then a slightly different gun.
  9. Metsuro

The gun models are mostly modules put together. If you look closely at the NC pistols, the handle for the gun is than used in EVERY other gun with another module added to it.

The models are the same, the camos just change the mesh, or texture of the model. They arn't as taxing as the actual model itself.