Please make the ZOE useful at Something...

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Ztiller, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Ztiller

Right now it's an ability completely without any point whatsoever. Since there is a lot of misinformation about the ZOE flying around, i'm going to clear up a few things to start with:

The ZOE damage buff is 10%. This is enough to make the following changes:

167 dmg * 1.1 = 184. 143 dmg * 1.1 = 157.

167 * 6 = 1002. 143 * 7 = 1001

184 * 6 = 1104. 157 * 7 = 1099

TTK difference = 0

The damage buff is not enough to make a difference in TTK. The TTK is identical to a non-ZOE MAX, thus the damage buff is pointless

The Damage buff has a range-limit of 10m.

This makes it useless for any AV or AA combat, as you in no scenario fight as a MAX against enemy vehicles within a 10m range. The Comets are a weapon with no damage dropoff, but the ZOE actually ADDS damage dropoff to it.

The movement speed buff does not increase sprint speed.

This makes the ability useless for both escaping and pursuing enemies.

The Strafing speed is not enough to make a difference. It is not actually fast to dodge anything.

You move about the same speed as a regular strafing soldier, but you have a hitbox 3x the size.

The only consistent factor of the ZOE is the extra damage taken, and the blinding bloom to everybody who uses it.

[IMG]

Right now the ZOE have two very distinct and punishing drawbacks, but no actual advantage to speak of whatsoever.
    • Up x 25
  2. TheBand1t

I'd rather it exist for the rest of Planetside 2's lifetime with it's nuts chopped off then to ever bring back the old ZOE
    • Up x 16
  3. Ztiller

If that's the kind of logic we are applying, then i could say that the Canister should remain bad forever because i hate shotguns, or that the Striker should remain as weak as it is now because it used to be OP.

The problems with the old ZOE was the movement speed. However, SOE nerfed movement speed, timer, damage, bloom, range and armor reduction all at once.
    • Up x 17
  4. TheBand1t

The Canister will never work because it's a shotgun on a land vehicle

The Striker isn't weak, it just isn't the domineering force of destruction that it used to be and is now situational like the other two ESRLs

An ability that gives a MAX suit mobility (something that is supposed to be a downside) and increased damage can never be balanced.
    • Up x 2
  5. drhead

Like I've always said, MAX jumpjets. They worked in PS1 where there weren't even jetpacks for regular infantry, and in PS2 one of the MAX's main predators has jump jets. Plus, here you'll be giving up your more horizontally oriented escape abilities, where all MAXes in PS1 had charge as a built-in, fixed-forward sprint.
    • Up x 4
  6. ReformerTR

They used the same ability from PS1 for the TR and NC. What happened with the VS? Give them there jump jets please.
    • Up x 8
  7. Ztiller

Apparently SOE thinks it would be OP. And given how they always give VS either ridiculously OP, or completely worthless suicidal trash, i'm prone to believe them.
    • Up x 2
  8. M4gn1

Why not an accuracy boost while taking more damage? Comes in handy when fighting behind 30m still situational because you will not use it in close quarters. With accuracy I mean a smaller cof. For all I care you can still have the same activation system so you can't abuse activate peaking from cover and shooting return in cover and turn off.
    • Up x 1
  9. Pirbi

I think the VS have the best max anyway. Lots of suppressive ability and easy to use weapons. Its a run and gun machine. ZOE was awesome though. My first time using it I went on a 40+ kill streak against NC with ZOE on the whole time. Felt a little guilty since I main NC, but you get to know enough of them and you kinda want them to die :D.
  10. Ztiller

I would disagree. The NC MAX is the best one. The TR and VS would gladly give up a lot of ES weapons to get access to those shotguns. And the TR MAX have access to the ridiculously overpowered Pounders, and AI weaponry practically identical to the VS MAX.

So i'd say the VS MAX is actually the worst one. We have the worst ability, and we lack the Scattercannons or Pounders that the NC/TR gets.

That said, it's not weak by any means. We just need a real ability.
    • Up x 2
  11. a-koo-chee-moya

TR MAX has more magazine size, while VS MAX has more range. However, MAXs are hardly every used for much besides urban combat scenarios, AA, and in the case of NC MAX, long range AV. As Ztiller said, shotguns may only be good in CQC, but MAXs are mostly used for CQC.
    • Up x 1
  12. DeusExForever

After everyone but their dead uncle was rolling one before the nerf, this is called, "nerfed to the ground, baby!".

It's done so one class doesn't dominate.

In WoW during WotLK Blizzard made Retribution paladins so OP that not only did they nerf them after WotLK, 4 years later they remain burst capped with Holy power and so many CDs. They explicitly said they'll never release another class like that again.

It's the only way devs can break the "IWIN" classes so players will play anything else, too.
  13. axiom537

While you are at it. The NC Shield is all but worthless as well.

@DuesExForever...God to you ever stop about WoW...And did you make your video yet of multiple vehicles surviving 7 Shrike hits?
  14. DeusExForever

I play many video games, but WoW is one of the ones a lot of people know and/or play. MMOs are for MMO types, too.

Why would I need to make that video? You can just go into VR and test it yourself. Isn't any different out of VR.

That dumbfires don't lock in to the rear (where a vehicle is most vulnerable) is also a given why it takes 7 hits.
  15. Champagon

SOE has a bad habit to overdue things, usually in the wrong direction
  16. Champagon

You ARE joking right? DO you know how many pushes i have seen with that damn NC max shield, I wish VS max had something that useful. It is a tool that is dependent on how you use it. Not fire and forget like most NC weaponry
  17. sindz

SOE are busy making a sub par ES pistol for VS. ZOE will get "balanced" in a years time or so.
  18. Ghosty11

Aegis Shield has a number of very significant bugs, including one where it will not block incoming damage at times. The only ES MAX ability that works as advertised is the TR's Lockdown. Well I guess ZOE works as advertised as well if you want to look fabulous and die a lot faster.
    • Up x 2
  19. Plunutsud pls

Ah yes, the suicide ability.

Just another VS trait that needs a buff.
    • Up x 1
  20. JorgeSarcos

what are you talking about? it IS useful at something... at killing yourself! it goes along the Magriders ability to kill every living teammate around LOL
    • Up x 4