Please Lower the Graphic Requirements

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by alcatraz305, Dec 24, 2012.

1. alcatraz305

When i saw this game come out i was interested in it. I wanted to know if you could lower the graphic requirements so i could play the game without any lag or frame rate issues. Thank you
  2. darkphilli

If you give some information on your system we might be able to help you out.
  3. Deladin

Look at my specs, I have an amazing system...

I get **** FPS

The problem is SOE can't screw their head on straight and realize what is more important.

Smooth, medium sized battles with good frame rate

Or large scale, giant battles...where 1 in every 30 people will actually render and your FPS plummets.

But imagine which one they can sell better for advertising...regardless of the fact it is a complete lie.

Its the fact this game is 99.9% zerg to be most effective, and .1% use actual tactics and strategy to accomplish the same thing with a smaller group.
  4. alcatraz305

My CPU= Intel Pentium(R) CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz
    Cpu speed=2.0 GHz
    RAM=3.9
    OS=microsoft windows 7 home premium edition 64 bit
    Video card=Intel HD Graphics
    The most problem i have is with the video card and CPU
  5. darkphilli

Sorry, you have no hope of running this game, or any other modern games for that matter. Your processor is one of the least powerful released in 2010. Even with a better processor, Intel integrated graphics won't be anywhere near powerful enough to play it. You need a dedicated graphics card. The only way you would be able to play Planetside 2 is if they gave it PS1 graphics. Even then, the Intel HD would have a hard time.
  6. alcatraz305

Thanks anyway
  7. L33T-T3CH

as for the Orginal poster am sorry about your setup and hope that you can buy a system that can play the game.
    but as for your system deladin am not sure why your getting bad fps with that rig i have a most of my settings on ULTRA some high some off (hate flora for example so i turn it off) but even at large battles i don't dip below 35fps small battles 60+ and no one around? have no clue i limit my fps to 75fps and i can tell it wants to go higher
  8. TheAppl3

As in reduce the quality of the entire game drastically so that *you* can play it on a cheap standard laptop designed for school and office work? Hmm.
  9. Sliced

The game should never be lowered to cater for the 'weak'.
    If you can't play it, then sorry but you can't play it. The requirements IMO should be higher to get rid of those with cheap computers complaining that it's the games fault for not working.

Also those with computers such as

Windows 7 Ultimate
    CPU: AMD FX-8150 8-core O.C @ 4.28
    MOBO: ASUS Crosshair V Formula ROG
    GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2 Gigs O.C Boost@1155 - Memory@1640
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue DDR3 16 Gigs
    SSD: Samsung 830 Series 128 Gigs

Yet still can't play it should not be complaining to SoE or anyone else. It's up to you to make sure it works. They have given you the specs needed. Now it's your turn to make sure your computer is up to the task.
    Just because you OC a machine does not mean it will run any better than another just like it without an OC.

PS, AMD is not amazing. Maybe that's why you're getting rubbish results because you're using a rubbish CPU created by a rubbish company. Just a thought.
  10. Hydragarium

I think you'll find the problem lies with yourself and your inability to adapt to the fact that you need to tweak a few settings in the ini and install some AMD specific hotfixes from Microsoft that make the processor work... decently.

There's only the usual response left for you. Talk ****, get ****.
  11. ErrantPilot34

I'm not too tech savvy but aren't these specs close to mine?

I get decent fps (30 in warpgate/15-25 in small-big battles/10-15 in big battles albeit this is rarer) with a few modifications to the useroptions
  12. TheAppl3

I doubt it. Those are very close to the specs of my three year old $450 laptop. The game probably wouldn't even start.

The i3 you have is a better class of cpu and thus also runs the gma3000 better.

At the same time, no reason not to try. Surprises happen.
  13. ErrantPilot34

Mines a 1-2 year old 500$ laptop...but yeah I agree surprises do happen, heck maybe if he tries this will be his 'Christmas' miracle, lol...
  14. Deladin

Geez thanks glad you already assumed I did not do any of that.

I have been tweaking the ini since early beta, I have tried every fix out there for AMD 8-core processors, including unparking them all.

I am not the only one with issues and AMD CPU's. Even the developers in beta said they were having issues with getting the game to utilize AMD's fully. But even with Intel's, the game rarely uses half of the CPU available.

And aside from all of this, you should not have to manually go an adjust settings in a file to make a game work right.

So how about you take your self righteous, arrogant attitude elsewhere and let the the rest of us talk.
  15. Deladin

This game seems to be hit or miss. We have people in my outfit with almost identical setups, including top of the line i5's and i7's and one will get 60+ fps, the other will average 30. We have all tried the little tips and tricks that others say worked for them, and nothing seems to work.

The fact SOE has to make any battle larger then 60 people have start rendering at ranges barely long enough to see the enemies on the other side of a room said something.

In beta before they had this huge rendering range nerf, even top of the line super computers could barely run the game in large battles and maintain anything over 20fps, and yet there GPU's were barely being touched.

SOE's solution, instead of just forgoing the all the beauty of the game, was to make these "large scale epic battles" feel like 20 different mini-battles going on, as you will never see more then the 20 or so people within 30 meters of yourself.
  16. Dovahkiin

Your CPU isn't good compared to Intel's CPU's.
  17. Talizzar

How can they lower the requirement when the game is based on a higher one? That would just mislead people. I have a middle of the road I7 and I get decent frame rate.
  18. Hydragarium

...except when you are trying to make hardware not up for the task, do more than it can.
  19. SilverAura

Graphics don't seem to be nearly as much of an issue in this game as processing power is. I only see maybe a 10fps difference from minimum to maximum graphics. The only time I see a noticible dip in framerate is when I'm in a thick battle, particularly Biolab and Amp Station battles and my framerates aren't any better with minimum graphics as they are with ultra. Roughly 20-35fps. It's not amazing but considering how terrible PlanetSide 1 ran when it first came out, I think people are being way too hard on SOE. My computer isn't even a very high end system and I run it comfortably for very long hours of play.
  20. Deladin

Well yes, AMD dropped the ball with the 8-cores, but even then, I should get better then the <20 fps I get very often with moderate to large sized battles. And its ALL CPU issue. I play on ultra settings, because when I go to low settings, my FPS does not change at all.