Please let us change the crosshair color

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jawa, Nov 27, 2012.

1. ReallySickMan

2. Vargelmir

3. LukeDude759

Exactly what I was thinking...
  4. EvilPhd

5. Aegie

For anyone who is interested, you have options for this without having to wait for PS2 developers.

First, the old school solution: 1) get a peice of clear tape, 2) start PS2, 3) apply tape to the center of the screen over the crosshair you want to modify, 4) draw whatever kind of crosshair you like in whatever color you like directly over the existing crosshair.

***Problem with this method is that as infantry there are occasions when the gun and therefore crosshair will move from direct center.

Second, the new school solution: 1) use a crosshair screen overlay and play in windowed mode.

***Problems with this method are 1) I am not sure if you can play PS2 in windowed mode (and doing so is more computation intensive) and 2) I am not sure if SOE would consider this to be cheating because you are using a third party program. Of course, using a simple and completely separate third party program (like Paint) at the same time as PS2 (i.e. not changing the PS2 files in any way) means that SOE would have no way of knowing you were doing so- although, this then has the same drawback as method (1) above in that the crosshair will always be centered and there are occassions when the gun is not aimed at direct center (jumping, jumpjetting, etc.).
  6. Twitch760

Agreed to being allowed the option of changing the cross hair colors. The IR scope with black on black is just useless and I've given up using it.
  7. AnuErebus

If it has a color I'd love to be able to edit it.

Beyond simply changing the color though, I'd love to see more crosshair types in general. One of my personal pet peeves is that I don't like the round reflex sights the TR that much. If I could get something along the lines of the NC 1x and 2x reflexes that would be amazing.
  8. Fenrys

It's a little better now compared to when I posted that in 11/12. The black background was made a little more grainy/grey shortly after this thread started - it used to be really bad. I'm pretty sure the graininess was just an easy to implement, short-term fix while they work on a broader set of customization options.
  9. dabic202

Dude, if you want this to be noticed you should probably get someone else to also post the same case of idea you have, like I posted it without searching in suggestions and then didnt know that you had posted this, probably someone else too have posted it before this but, well... so if i can suggest on your suggestion (see what i did there?) that you should get as many peoples to post and like and comment (make these posts as popular as possible) share it on social media (Twitter mostly because Devs has that and probably not use facebook as much by some reason, dont you dare argue on that i will ignore you its a waste of time) to make it even more popular and easier to spot.

But yes we do need crosshair customization like color and shape (shape just for fun really)

That way more chance of getting it in game. ;) http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/customizeable-crosshair.116346/#post-1576394 heres my one BTW.

- Dabic
  10. Vanudrax

Old threads are best left buried.
  11. venoxcc

Yes let us:
    -Change crosshair and his color
    -Change layer and layer color in "headshot" "+250 exp" "repairing 6xp" and more
    -Optymalize loading screen
    -change and fix enter to vechiles