[BUG] Please Help Low FPS With Low CPU usage and GPU (Each core low usage)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rserga11, Jul 18, 2017.

1. RedBlack

Whether you like it or not, it is your CPU being bottlenecked. I have the same Graphics Card as you do, just the 3gb version tho.

I get around 100-140fps with that Card. And the reason is my CPU, it is from intel clocked @4,5ghz.
    The Planetside2 engine likes high singlecore CPU´s. Which the FX 8120 just does not have.

Get a new CPU, ryzen or intel, with atleast 4ghz.
  2. rserga11

I have tried everything and cannot get the game to use my CPU any more, people with my cpu say that their firt 2 cores almost always are at 100% when playing this game and they get double my fps even with worse amd fx cpus and less oc cpus.
    "I'm running the following with all options but shadows (low) maxed out, general graphic quality medium:
    • FX-6300 OC'd to 4.4ghz
    • 560ti GPU, stock
    • 8GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz
    Barring major particle spam (flak, etc) I keep a steady 55-60fps until the fight tips up over 48+ per side. Huge fights keep 35-40 usually, but thanks to the pesky performance loss over time after an hour or two it can dip to just keeping 30-35. I've never seen it dip below 30.
    The framerate is always CPU limited for me unless I crank the general graphic quality to high or ultra, then it gets GPU bottlenecked. Overall, a $99 on sale CPU is holding up pretty damn well!" - his playing with shadows and still geting better fps

"I run an FX 8120 with an HD7970 3GB GPU and get 60 fps in 24v24 and 40 in 96+. Rarely do I get below 25 and that's due to heavy flak." - Double my performance
  3. RedBlack

You wont get 100% load, with that CPU.
    Your CPU is a 8core and this Game does not handle Multicore CPU´s ( frome older AMD architecture) very good.
    The Game Engine runs much better on high single core CPU´s.

Even with my stock i5 6400, the game felt lagy. I had to OC it, to get good performance.

You need atleast a i5 or the new ryzen to get "good" FPS.

I know, the minimum requirements for this Game are BS. They should really change that.

Btw: try playing in 720p, it really helped me. And try using some Hardcore potatoe .ini settings from someone.
  4. Ziggurat8

Haven't played on PC in nearly 2 yrs but I always remember lowering resolution as being the greatest performance tweak.

Playing at 1920x1080 killed my fps more than any other setting. Dropping it to a lower 16:9 ratio made a world of difference on my fps but fubar'd the HUD/crosshairs. 1600x900 or 1366x768 worked.

If your monitor isn't 16:9 but 4:3 then drop from 1440x1080 to 1280x960 or 1024x768.

Your crosshairs will get bigger, not in a good way either.
  5. rserga11

**** it I ******* give up, nothing is improving, other people with the same cpu or worse cpu get more fps and nobody ******* reads the posts here, I KNOW THAT MY CPU WONT GET USED 100% ******* ******* I WAS SAYING THAT IT SHOULD GET AT LEAST 100% ON ONE OF THE CORES AND 4 SHOULD BE AROUND 90% AVERAGE AND THE OTHER 4 SHOULD BE 0% USAGE BUT ALL MY CORES ARE AT 70% OR LESS ALWAYS IN THIS GAME ONLY!!!!!!!!! AND CHANGING RESOLUTION WILL NOT DO ANYTHING AS THAT ALMOST ONLY AFFECTS THE GPU AND I HAVE GTX 1060 6GB WHICH HAS TO BE ABLE TO RUN THE GAME AT 4K BUT FPS DROPS TO 10 AND GPU USAGE DOES NOT CHANGE AT ALLLLLL
  6. DeadlyOmen

Bye.

Core i7, STRIX 1070 and X34 rocks. I love it.

Resolution 1440x3440 Ultra everything.
  7. rserga11

go **** yourself ******** *** dick sucking gay ****** *** mong ****y ******
  8. JibbaJabba

Bummer. No luck with any legacy drivers?

You shouldn't need to lower resolution, but it would be useful as a data point. Keep settings otherwise the same but toggle between the two lowest resolutions available. If framerate remains the same then CPU becomes suspect.

Another shot in the dark that *might* dodge some optimization problems:
    Start | Run | MSConfig
    On the Boot tab, hit Advanced options
    Limit the number of processors to a single core.

This would massacre performance, but you should hit 100% CPU. If you don't hit 100% CPU, then something is amiss on the graphics side.

Next try bumping it to two or four cores. Again, should be getting near 100% CPU, but you now have enough cores to run most game threads as well as the GPU driver threads. Performance at this point should get pretty close to the framerate you were getting with full cores.

While in MSconfig, use the Startup tab. The "hide all Microsoft" checkbox will leave only the 3rd party stuff. Take out *everything* that is left for both startup items and services. Upon next reboot you are going to be asked whether to make the change permanent or remove it. Don't answer. Just close the dialog via the X. This will boot clean, but return everything to how it was after the next boot.

Don't forget firmware on the motherboard. You likely don't need firmware fixes themselves, but firmware frequently comes with updates to workaround errata in CPUs (basically a CPU patch).

Hate seeing you suffer man. I just don't have much left to suggest.
  9. rserga11

Thanks man but resolution to below 1080p I get increased fps and above 108- it decreases but not very much, when changing the game's affinity to 1 core in the task manager the used core goes up to 100% and fps drops a lot, when 2 cores then both used at around 98% on average and then 4 they all get used at around 70%. (none above 80%) Also to mention when i play the game in 4k the fps decreases by around 30-40% and gpu usage goes up about double but still no where near 100%. I really have no clue, before i used to play with the gtx 770 4gb (Rest of the pc the same) and i used to get slightly better performance with CPU also not being used very much.

I really have no ******* clue to what it could be, loved the game but very hard to play when I keep getting killed although Im damn good at shooters and have put in so much money into the game.
  10. TimeIsAFiction

Memory subsystem of your CPU is too slow to pump cores with data. That is why it is never loaded 100%.
    • Up x 1
  11. FateJH

DeadlyOmen's like that half of the time. Just ignore him when he is.

PlanetSide 2 reaches into the depths of pre-patch Daggerfall consistency where no two installations will ever have the same level of stability. For that reason, you can not even rate the game against "other games which perform well on [this setup]" without encountering the consequences of what would otherwise be a mild fallacy head-on - PlanetSide 2 is not those other games and comparing them is inherently unhelpful. Also, "I'm good at other FPS games so I should be good at this one too," which is not necessarily valid even for experienced veterans of this game. The only things we can offer you is the tweaking advice that helped us; and, yes, we do it even though it is unintuitive to what you have purported in statistics or screenshots because it needs to be; and, if that doesn't help you, there's nothing else we can do but use divination.
  12. OpenGamerTR

LOL Athlon x4 880 @ 4.5 + RX 560 4gb - ultra in FHD all ok

It will be a hard to clarify to u, but I will try

1. Windows 10
    2. high performance +disable parking
    3. Overclock NOT frequance but HP(hyper transport) to 2500\2600, North Bridge -2400\2500
    4. You cannot utilize gpu for 100% just because it doesn't have to work hard. to something. I wanna say PS2 is n good for a big list of old vga cards and it doesn't need more resurses. Wanna use on 100% gpu -use rendering above 1+
    5/ AMD ALWAYS love high ram freq. As axemple I have got + 10 fps in 96+ when I changed from 1333 to 2400
    6. And on fx this game goesn in 100 fps. just need to know what is your mistakes. such as bad motherboard, throthling ett.c you can find a lot of video in FHD with 100+ fps on FX.

a lot of ppl never even wanna know HOW working system \their platform. But they wanna a good fps and framerate... what a shame....