[Suggestion] Please give the option to use decent flight controls

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Weterman, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Weterman

Better flight controls. I don't have 100 meters of room on my desk to keep moving the mouse just to stay in a turn.

Just please, let me move my mouse say, left 1 inch, I leave the mouse there, and the plane will continue to turn.

So the controls would work like mfsx.

Imagine you control a crosshair with your mouse when flying a plane. You move the mouse down, the cross hair will move down. So you move the crosshair all the way down, and you let go of the mouse. Now the plane will be doing backflips.

It's hard to explain, so anyone know what I'm talking about?
  2. Ronin Oni

Just map keybinds to the same directions.

Also, how often do you need to do more than a 360 degree roll??? o_O I can do a 360 roll without lifting my mouse easy.

Pitch up/down on the other hand, all the time... but that's why I have Fwd & Back mouse buttons bound to flight pitch. If I'm adjusting for aim, use mouse move. Flipping a 180 or even doing a 360? Use pitch button.
  3. Ronin Oni

also, Download and play WarThunder.... I think you'll find it more to your liking.
  4. Weterman

What do you mean to map the keybinds to the same directions?

An example when I need to turn more than 360 degrees is when an enemy esf is doing circles around me.
  5. Kristan

You can keybound pitch up and down, so you don't need to move your mouse over and over, just hold the button.
  6. MouthFulofCrabs

the controls are pretty good just hard to master... i understand the basics and how to fly, just not shoot and do some of those super nice turns :3, Tip: change the keys to your liking's
  7. Ronin Oni

turn? You mean Yaw?

Yaw is slow as hell and bound to a key not the mouse (A/D) You don't turn with Yaw, it enhances some maneuvers with angling, but otherwise.....

TO turn around, you use pitch (Up/Down) and if you need to turn right/left you roll and then pitch.

You never need to roll more than 360 degrees, which can be done without having to lift and move mouse.
  8. Weterman

Yea I know, I mean using the mouse to turn, but I do have to lift my mouse lots of the time. Say I do a 90 degree turn left. My mouse will have moved left. Then a while later, I have to turn left again, maybe I turn right, but for some reason I'm turning left more than I'm turning right. Eventually my mouse will be at the left side of my desk and I have to lift it and bring it back to the center.

note: I don't usually fly, even if I'm right behind another esf and he's going straight I probably won't be able to hit him. But in different games where I don't have to lift my mouse, I'm okay at dogfighting.
  9. Ronin Oni

same problem exists for infantry though.

Picking up and resetting mouse to center after turning around is pretty standard fare for any game played with a mouse.
  10. Weterman

Yes but the problem is worse in a plane. There's no reason to just add the option to use the other flight controls.