Please give the NC armor plating around the neck

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sixstring, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Sixstring

I know it's just a cosmetic issue but I think it might be what bothers me the most about the NC helmets,we have this big,bulky armor with toothpick necks. This is especially evident with composite armor and a larger helmet,it's such a simple art change that would improve the NC's aesthetics instantly. Please I want this.
    • Up x 2
  2. Sixstring

Here I finally found it again the NC armor for all classes should look more like this with the heavy assault of course having more armor elsewhere. Btw I think T-Ray actually made these,why aren't they in the game yet?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  3. Prudentia

well Looks like
    Cerberus
    Cyborg :)confused: why the **** does a TR have artifical... everything?)
    Protoss
  4. Champagon

Tray, these are PERFECT for heavy assaults. put them in the game!
  5. Tona

[IMG]

All joking aside, Yes!!! Love the design of those art pieces!
    • Up x 5
  6. stalkish

They will probably go in with some ridiculous way of unlocking them.
    See the updated tank weapons - Ive not yet seen a single person playing with them......
    • Up x 1
  7. Sixstring

Live free in the NC...with a well protected jugular
    http://3.bp.************/_4KI1v4I4A1Q/TIFf1KcPZ3I/AAAAAAAAAXI/KkRju9YwgaA/s1600/bell+e-collar.JPG
    • Up x 1
  8. Kulso

These aren't in game because the armor design is very busy and probably too graphic intensive for a game that consists of 2000+ per continent.
  9. patrykK1028

Because they are ugly?
    • Up x 1
  10. Sixstring

What? Are you serious? Okay I kind of agree on the TR one but with some tweaks it would look better than the current armor,also IMO the TR already looks the best out of the box with no cosmetics while the VS and NC models pictured are a million times better than what we have now.
  11. patrykK1028

OK, VS looks cool (helmet is ugly but you can change it). NC is too fat, it looks like some cheap medieval games design. And TR is... ugly as heel. Especially that piece of **** on the neck.
    Also those armor remind me Mass Effect Wrex. All his race had God damn ugly armors in this game
  12. MangoPunch

Except the models have been made and were shown at one of the panels at SOE live. They will be put ingame when SOE wants to release them.
  13. Tuco

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  14. TheKhopesh

Armor design on 100 players isn't actually even 1/100th as intensive as a single extra player to render and except input from.
    It's essentially one extra set of objects to render.

The game can render 100,000 of the same boxes with extreme ease.
    There's virtually zero rendering difference between one box and 1,000 boxes.

But make a room with 150 different boxes and you've got lag, stuttering, and all sorts of response time issues.
    So now they try to recycle as many of the same objects as cover and structuring as possible, but adding one extra object isn't going to break anything.
    :)

(This was explained in the optimization patches last year, but you get a better sense of how this works from the battle island stream video a few months ago.)
  15. DatVanuMan

By God...
    The VS one has no high heels.
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Kulso

Hm. In that case, I have no idea why those aren't in game. Maybe they'll be another set of armor for SC?
  17. TheKhopesh

Speaking of armor, I cannot wait to unlock my medic directive armor.

I had been going at a steady pace, but then I finished all the ribbons and regular kills.
    All that's left are savior kills and medic kills.

Sadly, savior kills are incredibly inconsistent and difficult to actually attempt to focus on, and medic kills just don't happen very often.

While the other classes for killing the same class often run into each other (Infils can stalker cloak to take out oblivious ranged snipers, and LA's often meet on rooftops and hard to get areas), but medics are somewhat uncommon to run into as a medic, and are usually accompanied by backup who also will often force you to change priorities in order to survive.
    This can either lead to not getting the opportunity to kill the enemy medic, or to friendlies killing him before you get a chance to.

But I digress.
    (Really derailed there. :D )
  18. Kulso

Just need to get like 50 more sticky grenade kills and I can start on the last medal for Aruaxium Engi Armor. Resupplies and Repairs are incredibly easy.
  19. TheKhopesh

Yeah, I've had the heal/revive ribbons done probably since the dawn of time.
    ;)

The kill requirements though are drawing out like a dead snail in reverse across the salt flats of Mexico. :(
  20. Kulso

Jajajajaja.