please get rid of the scaleform ui menus!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BlackDove, May 15, 2014.

1. Octiceps

This x1000.
  2. Lavans

Then you think wrong

Just like any other game that's GPU bound and isn't having their FPS limited in any way.

You imply PlanetSide 2 runs hot. Yet you posted a screen shot of PS2 showing that it in fact runs cool.

Lets look back at your screen shots.

http://i.imgur.com/as3R8PU.jpg PlanetSide 2 - 68c, 1032MHz (fails to fully boost)
    http://i.imgur.com/4yhVHZl.jpg Skyrim - 71c, 1019MHz (fails to fully boost)
    http://i.imgur.com/AQIxUQN.jpg Crysis - 72c, 1058MHz (fails to fully boost)

Using your logic and using your own screen shots, Skyrim acts more like a "power virus" than PlanetSide 2.
  3. Dragam

There is one "minor" hole in that threory, and in those screens youre refering to... planetside 2 cant even load to 100% on that screenshot, due to the power limit, where as the other games are on 100% load (or the sli equivelant, which is never 100%).
    • Up x 1
  4. Octiceps

LOL and we both pointed this out several times a page or two back. He's just slow...
  5. Lavans

Actually, the reason why PS2 is running cooler at a higher clock is BECAUSE it's not fully loaded. That is the way GPU boost is supposed to work.

Let's cite the GPU Boost overview you linked from Nvidia
    In addition, neither Skyrim or Crysis is at 99/100% either.
    No, 98% is not full load.
  6. Octiceps

Ummm no, you're an idiot who has clearly never used multi-GPU before.
  7. Lavans

8. BlackDove

Ok wow three pages over night!

Lavans just do a REAL test instead of these fake ones.

Start the game with the fan on auto and all stock settings with the monitoring software open. Your video had fan set manually to 75% and you were already in the terminal so it was already hot.

It should increase the load when you open a scaleform terminal, which a bunch of people already proved it does.

If youre going to disprove us stop setting you fan to manual and faking the tests or taking screenshots that prove me right and then denying it!

Also please stop name calling when you cant prove your point.
  9. Lavans

Here's an idea - Post screenshots from your own testing instead of spreading fallacy :)
  10. BlackDove

Other posters already have proved that this occurs. For OVER A YEAR. LOL

Besides youll just accuse me of falsifying the data like you already have lol. All the other threads where other people say that the menus do excessively load the GPU should be enough proof.

Either post a video that actually disproves it instead of proving it or stop claiming you dont have the issue.

Or do you think the load your 680 is experiencing is completely normal? Why dont you leave the fan on auto? So far youve posted things that make it look like youre trying to hide the fact that you also have the issue.
  11. Lavans

Everyone except you, because ya know, you're afraid to not underclock your video card

Shows how much you've been paying attention :rolleyes:
    My fan has been set to auto for the last couple pages.
    And you wonder why people call you a liar and a fanboy.
  12. BlackDove

He hasnt posted anything but screenshots and videos that make it look like hes falsifying the results and does have the issue. Or he doesnt know how to do a simple scientific test.

Stock settings. Recording and monitoring on. Open game. Walk around in the game itself. Let the temperature stabilize in game. Observe load, clocks and temperature. Open a scaleform menu. Observe the temperature, power consumption and clocks.

Problem is, if he did the tests right, and didnt selectively post nonsense, hed have to admit hes been wrong for about a year where he comes in every thread where people post that they have this issue.
  13. Octiceps

14. Lavans

Hm, maybe because the image host that once held those benchmarks is now down?
    And the responses of others citing my former triple GPU setup is "nothing to see"?
    Fun fact, I've used a multi-GPU system for more than 5 years. So, yea, keep dreaming :)
  15. Octiceps

So where is the proof of you attaining 100% GPU usage or greater than 100% scaling in CrossFire? Oh right, there is none. The image hosting site being down doesn't change this fact.

Also, looking at the date of that post, CrossFire and CrossFire+Eyefinity didn't even work properly back then and FCAT hadn't been release yet. ROFL!
  16. Gammit

Without SLI gave me decent fps on Medium. With SLI I can usually get decent fps on High with Ultra textures. I say "usually" because I get microstutters lately.
  17. Lavans

Heh.
    You ignorantly claimed I have no experience with multi GPU systems. I proved I did.
    Nice try derailing the thread even further though. That is the sign of a true troll :)
  18. Octiceps

So where is your proof?
  19. Lavans

I see following a link and applying common sense is too much to ask of you.

[IMG]
  20. Octiceps

I still see no proof of your GPU usage and scaling in CrossFire.