Please get rid of pumpkin alerts. They are not fun.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Leftconsin, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Leftconsin

They are just no pumpkins to be had out there. I've spent alert after alert looking for these things non stop and the most I've ever found in one alert is 3. Twice I've found zero.

Constantly roaming around are ESF gank gangs.

People are team killing over these things.

Also, I see in videos people killing normal pumpkins for +10, +5, +something other that one seeds. How is this possible? I only ever get one.

This alert type is awful and frustrating. Please just end it.
    • Up x 3
  2. Pouk3D

Then don't participate maybe?
  3. OldMaster80

Personally I don't give a *bleep* about the pumpkins, I kill VS and NC.
    I have very little time to play so I didn't even see the alert starting so far. And of course I've never seen a pumpkin.
  4. Leftconsin

There are a couple problems with this.
    A. I'm going to help win alerts.
    B. On low pop times the ONLY thing people are doing is looking for pumpkins.

Given this the not participate option is pretty much just logging off.
  5. DatVanuMan

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  6. Jac70

I kinda like 'em - a different flavour. I go on a sightseeing tour deep in enemy territory. Play cat and mouse with other infiltrators and occasionally find a pumpkin. Especially on Hossin, it's harder for ESF scrubs to steal all the loot and it's a fantastical place for a stroll.

You should get more seeds from the pumpkins though - 1 is not much reward.
  7. Leftconsin

I really really wanted to enjoy these. I seriously did. That's why I've been running at this for so long, but they are just so frustrating. Spending hours flying around or driving around finding nothing but gank squads roaming about everywhere for hours. It doesn't help that its just a meta of A2A ESFs and maybe a few people who don't care all huddled up in one tiny fight.

I seriously wanted to enjoy this. I was excited to hear that we had an alert type other than take territory. Even now as I (honestly angrily) type this I want to go back and give it another shot. One more chance to be fun, but it just isn't.

Maybe if the pumpkin hunt was for enemy pumpkins that your faction couldn't destroy, but the enemies can. You're now defending in your territory instead of eyes to the ground in it. Maybe if pumpkins were not so unreasonably rare. Maybe if they didn't give one seed a kill. At this rate I'd be lucky to get the lowest tier mask just to use it for two days.
  8. Yuki10

Just shoot the purple pumpkins, they make funny noises when going down.

Pumpking alerts are lame and not worth the time (just like the rewards).
  9. theamateurassassin

I find that a good way to find pumpkins is wraith flash, I found 5 or 6 last night in 30 minutes and have 11 seeds right now.
  10. patrykK1028

I dont give a f**k about pumpkins, because... why should I? For reward I will have for month? No, thanks
    I wouldnt mind getting rid of that, there are so many guys exploring all the map like Indiana Jones in their Harrasers just wasting time now...
  11. KenDelta

The alert is horrible.... it tore the farming relationship me and my gunner had apart... now he goes looking for pumpkins while I await.... FOR A FREAGIN HOUR THEN HE SAYS HE FOUND NO PUMPKINS. and I rage at him.:mad:

Alert needs to be removed or give us 600 pumpkins per spawn.
  12. Atis

+30% xp with no continent loss, cant see a problem.