[Suggestion] Please don't botch the YUMI further

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RockPlanetSide2, Apr 24, 2017.

1. RockPlanetSide2

We all know that the current YUMI is bad.

Increasing the YUMI's damage out put is not going to make it any less terrible (the current idea).

The fix is real simple. The first rounds should chamber when you equip the gun. If you spawn you should hear the little YUMI charge sound and you can shoot right away, if you switch weapons and you did not wait to hear the re-chamber sound you should have to wait to hear it before you can shoot again. And once it is charged it should stay charged until you fire.

PLEASE DON'T THINK THAT INCREASING THE DAMAGE IS GOING TO FIX ANYTHING, you are just going to make some stupid gun that is just as bad as the design on the current YUMI.

If you could fire the first volley right away the gun would not be a worthless pile of crap. It would be in line with using a Battle Rifle (at least) on your medic.

Being able to shoot right away would AT LEAST let you have a chance versus anybody getting the drop on you, even if they take advantage of the PS2 terrible engine and dance around.

Regardless of what the design team does with damage (outside of just giving the gun OP damage) the first charge up is what is going to make the gun continually worthless. Get rid of the first charge up, and then keep every charge up (rechamber) the same how it is now.

FIXED. Please don't ruin this gun.
  2. Tankalishious

Are you high? Or drunk? The yumi is a beast in the hands of a capable player!
    • Up x 2
  3. RockPlanetSide2

1) Im sure you have killed a few people with it just like everybody else. But if anybody gets the drop you you are dead, unless they are ultra bad. I know these are the forums and you can say things like "its a beast" with out any kind of back up... good for you.

The truth is its not that great, and its already undergoing changes (in the wrong direction unfortunately). You are just not informed.
  4. FateJH

If that's the case, then changing the Yumi wouldn't improve anything. Underlined for emphasis, your words. If you're that absolute about the consequences of being taken by surprise, that is the result of the encounter with any other weapon as well. The Yumi is obviously not a weapon whose operation that suits your delicacies. It would be a weapon most suited to proactive engagement.

To offer a suggestion that might assist you, however, treat the vulnerability of the pre-charge as if you had been caught during a reload with any other weapon - draw your pistol.
    • Up x 1
  5. RockPlanetSide2

I don't know if you did not read what I said or you just did not comprehend it. Making the yumi fire the first time with no delay will 100% change and improve it. I don't know what game you are playing, but i don't think it is this one.
  6. FateJH

You presented a scenario where a person gets the drop on a target and, without leaving options, immediately dismiss the target as dead. You proceed to round this argument around back to the Yumi and imply the change will help. I am not arguing that your change does not somehow affect the Yumi but that, by the scenario you have laid out, changing the Yumi would never make success possible, short of the allowance that the attacker "is ultra bad" (your words).

In regards to the Yumi itself, and far be it from me to defend the excessively niche NSX weapon line about anything, the stated purpose of the NSX line is that it presents a challenge to the user. The un-orthodox delayed operation of the Yumi, similar in respects to the mechanics of the Railjack, is the means by which that difficulty is employed. I would not fault it for its uniqueness but, in the spirit of the weapon's design philosophy, learn to operate it within those limitations instead.
    • Up x 1
  7. Demigan

The yumi on PTS is a beast of a supportive weapon. Nearly kills with bodyshots, this weapon maximizes the rear-duty (giggity) of the Medic, allowing it to shoot in between allies to hit a target, either to soften him up or to finish off a lightly damaged target.
  8. DeadlyOmen

"Gets the drop"

Getting the drop on anyone with any weapon, vs any weapon is good for the dropper, not the droppee.

It is impossible to code in player SA.
  9. rasak

"unless they are ultra bad."

Why are you lying to strangers on the internet?