Please do something about the cheating.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TrojonKing 1st, May 8, 2020.

1. Skraggz

Boy this says a lot about you... I play solo 100% of the time, like you throwing assumptions 100% of the time.

Also the point of a discussion is not to discredit through malicious means.
    • Up x 1
  2. The Grand Crusader

Yet now you are calling me a liar and discrediting me. Pot calling kettle, do you copy over? I've seen you in public squads in the past....maybe a few times. If you don't recall those specific times, that's fine. Doesn't mean I am lying at all. Do you use in game voice chat? Most solo players don't use voice chat but just thought we could talk in game about this.
  3. Skraggz

Didn't call you a liar, you are now attempting to put words in my mouth. Also no, do not play in squads.
    • Up x 1
  4. TRspy007

My excuse for what? Why you haven't been able to cough up a single ounce of proof or man up and actually link the people you're accusing with 0 evidence?

yeah, move along kiddo
  5. The Grand Crusader

This is what you typed looks like to me, "ajahfjrjpspwapoa evidence kiddo ahdadfahjfapjadfjafd man up ahdhahdha" Literally makes no sense. Try to be "normal" for once in your life. It might help things.
  6. TRspy007

Thanks for confirming you're an idiot, as if it wasn't clear enough.

That's perhaps why you people have such a hard time bringing forward any proof to support what you say: you have no clue what's being asked of you. Lemme be a little more clear.

1. You made wild claims. Show us where those came from. Ex: what sources lead you to such absurd conclusions?
    2. You've accused me of being a hacker (without linking me) because I don't believe any of your ideas (mainly because they've yet to be backed up by any proof). Next time you're going to accuse me of something, link me directly. Also provide some sort of proof to validate your accusation.
    If by "be normal" you mean: 'be a brain-dead **** like us', I regret to inform you that I have no intention to do so. Behaving like you may help me fit in with cowardly mongs, but I highly doubt it will help accomplish anything interesting, much less IRL.

Almost at page 14 and there's still no linked proof that these hackers are as widespread as you say. Needless to say, there's also no linked proof to claim that DBG does nothing against these cheaters.
  7. The Grand Crusader

The "evidence" is in the video the other poster posted. I thought that was made pretty clear. I guess crazy delusional people like you don't even notice the obvious cheats. Nobody is accusing you of hacking. You are either just being a troll and/or a moron. I simply said you "probably" are cheating yourself with 14 pages of crazy, toxic, instigating nonsense. I don't need any video proof, links, etc to back that up. The proof is in how you are responding to others and acting like a troll.

If you have ever reported someone in-game for cheating/exploiting since 2016ish, it goes into a black hole. DBG doesn't do **** against cheaters/exploiters unless you actually contact their customer service directly with video/screenshot evidence. In-game reporting does nothing. If you honestly don't know this then you are either really naïve or don't play the game enough.

I actually tried to look you up and can't even find you on PS2 players website. Literally came back with only one possible result of TRspy0007. Is that you? VS br100? If that's not you, then you certainly have a unique way of keeping yourself hidden.
  8. Johannes Kaiser

I think we can all agree on four things:
    1) Planetside has some really wonky **** going on just by itself without players helping it out.
    2) There are obvious cheaters, but those are few. However, they have a big negative impact on the playing experience.
    3) Most people are not cheaters, but it can happen that even they accidentally abuse an exploit once in a while.
    4) There are some people who are suspicious, but where it can never be proven whether they cheat or not, since noone can look into their files; heavily corresponds with point 1. They might be good, it might be a server hiccup, it might be game-stuff, might be cicrumstance, might be them having a really good run, we'll never know for sure. This group is way larger than the obvious cheaters. This point is also the culprit for all the mudballing going on in this thread.

Example for point 4: I have not experienced a single obvious cheater in the past year (at least not that I can remember), but just today I ran down a hillside after an Infil. He vanished behind a little steep point, I followed, then 3 seconds later he came from behind (I had not yet passed the point where he broke LoS). Is it possible he snuck around really fast without being visible (I am pretty good at spotting cloaked Infils, at the very least in the range bands we're talking about here)? Big maybe. Could he have teleported? I don't know, because I can not see into his PC, but based on normal movement speed in this game it seems the more likely option.
    • Up x 3
  9. TRspy007

Yeah ok.

All I've been asking is proof. You guys started with the insults, you guys have avoided providing any substantial proof to support your wild claims....I'm definitely the troll here.

The single video linked confirmed everything I said. Cheaters are an anomaly, Planetside 2 ins't attractive to cheaters.

Keep believing you don't need proof to claim DBG doesn't do anything to ban cheaters, and that cheaters are everywhere. Sounds pretty delusional.

Alright dude, next time link the people you accuse of being "cheaters".

Instead of trying to avoid that like a wuss, own up to a little bit of your ********. You're clearly accusing me of cheating, another commented that was a low blow. I challenge you to prove it. I doubt you're able to prove that hackers are everywhere - you won't even try; prove to everyone I'm a cheater.

Otherwise I'll call you a cowardly liar.

So you admit you know nothing, yet that doesn't stop you from wrongly accusing me of cheating? How far are you in your delusion?

yeah, I'm really well hidden. Literally the exact same name as on the forums, TRspy007. If you struggle finding that, that says something about you.

https://www.planetside2.com/players#!/5428316104356186673

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428861139968913217

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/8260571419283954401

The one I'm currently working on (and already liked in this thread):

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428161003960598657

So yeah, if you can't type an 8 character name properly and transcribing it, that's on you. You're literally the first dude that's had trouble finding me.

In summary:

Unable to provide proof (because you "don't need any", or more likely - you don't have any), unable to do research correctly, questionable ability to read, lack of acknowledging responsibilities...and I'm the troll lol. Whatever floats your boat I guess. You must really like spitting random crap for no reason.

Congrats, you've brought nothing of value to the "conversation".
  10. TRspy007

That sounds much more reasonable, and can at least be supported by the little evidence we have.
  11. The Grand Crusader

The thing is most obvious cheaters get flagged by Battleye before anybody can report them to DBG customer service. Because they have their cheats enabled for too long and go on insane 300+ killstreaks. The guy "BaronWu2" in the video on page 12 still plays this game. Under BaronWu and BaronWuNC. So his cheats were not caught or flagged by battleye or DBG. So that leads to a lot of questions about how many other players like him are still playing the game. It's actually pretty scary to think about.

If you go to his Youtube channel, he actually was cheating in COD Warzone last week. After they implemented all those new security features to stop cheaters. Again...which is scary to think about because PS2 only has 1 anticheating feature and that is Battleye. Which doesn't even compare to what Modern Warfare has.
    • Up x 2
  12. Johannes Kaiser

I mean, if they record themselves cheating in a subtle way, how accomodating of them.
    But those who don't make up the big dark number of "who nows"-cases where anything could be the cause of weird happenings. Just guesstimating here, but I'd assume maybe 10% of the people who do suspicious stuff are actually cheaters of any kind. The rest are not and are either just benefitting from or (thanks to experience) actively abusing the game's working mechanisms and/or recipients of beneficial circumstances (like when the stars align for a few minutes and you have this unstoppable run). Difficulty here is how to tell them apart, because it's not really possible.
    • Up x 1
  13. The Grand Crusader

Again with all the chibberish and nonsense that's hard to breakdown. TRspy007 doesn't exist on any search, but 2 of your 4 characters are more than 8 characters long. So.....yeah I guess your bad at math then too? I lost count how many times you've used the word "proof". I would be a millionaire for every time you said that. Again nobody is accusing you of anything. You are putting words in my mouth and making this a big deal over nothing. If in fact you aren't actually trying to troll.

Congrats, you are actually did bring something of value to the "conversation". But its not a good value.
  14. Skraggz

This,

I dont think anyone argues that there is or isn't cheating but rather the definition of it and to what extent. With game files being edited and flying under radar it is truly hard to come up with a figure without pulling a number out of a hat.
    • Up x 2
  15. Devron

16. TRspy007

I literally just linked TRspy007, are you that stupid? Also everyone else is able to find me, it's just you buddy. Maybe you could show a screenshot of my name not appearing on any search, humor us.

I will continue to ask for proof, because so far no one has linked any. I'd be a billionaire if I had a penny for each baseless accusation you make, without any foundational evidence.

"Dude....don't even bother responding to TRspy guy. He's more than likely a cheater himself."

Lying once again; avoiding the truth. You've clearly accused me of being a cheater - another guy called you out for it too - in a thread about hackers. You've pussied out when I called you out for it; I guess by not linking me you were expecting I wouldn't notice your pathetic allegations. At least be honest to yourself.

I'll await any evidence you can present to support your silly statement.

I suppose it is too complicated for you to understand how to present an argument, so don't bother saying anything at all. I want to hear facts or valid extrapolations, not your wild, worthless imagination.
  17. TRspy007

I agree.

I'd classify cheaters in two categories:
    1. "Hackers": people who intentionally modify the game to abuse it to gain an advantage over others
    2. "Exploiters": opportunists who decide to take advantage of known issues in game to to gain an advantage over others

Hackers would be defined by the "obvious" or "subtle "traits. In that nature, it's fair to assume that subtle hackers would be the ones that actively play, without constantly needing to create new accounts. The only thing we can know about these "subtle hackers" is that they do not consist of a majority of "hackers". Obviously, to "hack" the game subtly for long periods of time, the guy would need to have a brain, actually know what he's doing. These cheaters would have to not only pass off as normal to the system, but to the majority of the player-base as well. As has already been mentioned, a large portion of these "hackers" are in fact script kiddies, who have little to no idea of what they are doing.

It'd be reasonable to assume these "soft" cheaters are a small portion of cheaters, although we'll likely never get enough information to prove/disprove this.

https://us.blastingnews.com/gaming/...s-devs-on-region-locking-china-002893701.html
  18. TRspy007

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428998138740971137/killboard/?view=timeline

it's a new account (created today) so he's either abusing the render times of structures to exploit shooting dudes through floors, or he's applying a "hack" to do this.

Since it's a new account, I would believe he's using some sort of external cheat, and not simply exploiting.

Report, send these pictures or any videos you have to CS, he should be banned fairly fast.
  19. Devron

This is the message i got from support:

Gretings Elsenrail2751,

Thank you for contacting Player Support. I apologize we weren't able to get to this report sooner, but this player has been taken care of.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and if there is anything further we may assist with please do not hesitate to contact us again.
    Sincerely,
    GM Entropy
    Daybreak Game Company

But after an hour or so, he shot me again from inside the stairs :(
    • Up x 2
  20. TRspy007

Youtube doesn't necessarily reflect reality. It's not that hard to scrape together 5 minutes of cheating for a youtube video, especially if it's to give the impression these cheats work so they can sell them (because yes, this type of stuff usually involves scamming).

You'll notice the account he cheated on was completely removed, what's left are his accounts he likely doesn't cheat on. DBG can only ban cheating accounts, not every single account the cheater is connected to, save from the I.P. bans they would do back in the day.

The more anti-cheats a system has doesn't necessarily make it more secure. It's like anti-virus software, having more than one potentially means these can work against each other, and actually make the system less secure. It's usually better to have one good anti-cheat than 20, although battle-eye's effectiveness can be debated. And I wouldn't start creating conspiracy theories based on a youtube video. All a cheating video does is demonstrate once in a while a dude creates a known "obvious" cheat and abuses a game for a bit.

To go from one silly cheater to say they're everywhere and impossible to catch is just spreading misinformation, and feeding the paranoia.