please DO NOT add no deploy zones for defenders.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Liewec123, Apr 7, 2017.

1. AuraBliss

here is what they need to do...
    1) add gens to every base not CPUS just normal shield gen. See number 2 for why.
    2) add shield door ways around the capture point block windows and every other access point into it so that it forces them to destroy the gen ( the smaller bases with only one capture point will take only 1 min to destroy while larger bases with 3 points will take 3 mins and ones with 4 points 4 mins.) These gens should have a flag icon to identify them as a capture point gen. They will be different in sizes depending on the capture points they are defending for realistic reasons.
    3) add side walls and frontal walls to spawn point door ways to stop spawn camping. this will force players to stop sitting in their bases and getting kills while being no help what so ever. (ya I understand overpop but just sitting inside of a base is no fun when you could at least try in some way.)
    4) Create a device for engi that can make base turrets automated during this state an infiltrator will have to hack the device to destroy it before being able to hack the turret for their own use. I would think some kind of a grenade based device that sticks to it and they have to find it before they can hack the turret, but once the turret is dead so is the device. Only one nade can be active at any time once you reuse your nade it will remove the one you already placed. Also they will have a time frame of about 3 mins before running out of charge and making the turret none automated. This would help in some ways as most people seem to not want to jump into the turrets even though they do provide some defense but the issue is why bother when you can just spawn a tank too,,, well why not both ?
    5) Also there does need to some more play with main bases and player built ones.. Not sure yet also how this can be done if anyone got ideas to add to this list them. I have some ideas but don't really think they fit well.
  2. Liewec123

(i know i know! necromancy is evil!)

update on this topic from the recent AMA
    someone asked if they still planned on disabling defender sunderer deploying and the devs said:

i'll tell you how it will go, DBG, zergs will have even less opposition as they wash over bases...

defensive sunderers are about the only tool that defenders have to attempt to push back a zerg.
    funny how you call that an "issue" that needs solving.

if you do this, you stick another spear into the side of you game.

you've made many bad decisions that have hurt the game, i always advise against them, but you make them anyway,
    please don't make another.
  3. Jac70

I think the defenders should have an advantage for owning the base the main one being able to place a Sunderer in a position close to the point. The way the game is played a faction will roll into territory and cap a base then all move on again, leaving a small number of players there to do other tasks like repair, gather or spawn vehicles.

Another option might to be to remove all no-deploy zones other than Sunderer proximity ones. Defenders should still have a bonus as they can place within shield barriers easier that enemies. Then again in the end I can't see it really mattering as bases will be rolled by overpop forces and as long as you are free to do what you want in the game I can't see how that can change.
    • Up x 1
  4. DarkStarAnubis

in PS2 there aren't really bases in a strict military (or even common) sense, despite the fact the game it's about a war between military factions.

Any "base" would have:
    (1) a closed, clean, solid outer perimeter
    (2) one entry/exit point easy to defend and watch
    (3) key buildings (fuel/ammo/weapons/power supply/...) clustered together at the center of the base
    (4) safe paths for the defenders to move and relocate inside the base

A typical PS2 base has:
    (1) no outer perimeter
    (2) holes, spaces, blind spots everywhere for the attackers so they can enter from any direction
    (4) key buildings as far as away from the base center (and from each other) as possible
    (3) spawn points fully exposed from miles away

If I look at any continent at any point in time I have either:
    Scenario 1 - 1-2 Zergs moving and steamroll everything unless matched by an equal number of defenders and then they stop
    Scenario 2 - a myriad of "5 vs 5" fights were bases are conquered, lost, conquered, lost endlessly and without any real strategic gain

If you want to have "a good fight" --> Scenario 1 - join the Zerg or the counter-Zerg
    If you want to pile up XP --> Scenario 2 - deploy, get XP to defend/attack until timer stops, redeploy at nearby location, rinse and repeat

Sunderers are the only way to break this monotonous way of fighting giving alternative options to defenders...
    • Up x 2
  5. JD93

Yes, more hallways to connect the buildings of a base, less doorless arches that everyone can go through and a Wall surrounding the base like a some real time strategy games that i know!
  6. Smoo

The "funny" part is, most of these problems didn't even exist in Planetside 1.

Transportation actually meant something- you NEEDED Galaxies to get around fast, but they only pulled from ONE base per continent, or were flown in from Sanctuary. Bridges actually meant something, with actual water mechanics.

If the enemies rapidly switched to another area, it took you a while to shift over, as well.

No magical population numbers, you actually had to send scouts.

You could do meaningful damage behind enemy lines.

All of these new problems, and "Redeployside" were designed in, in an effort to appeal to the crowd of people who switches "Battlefield" type games every couple years.