Please @Daybreak : How to counter enemy alts TK sundies?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inzababa, Apr 16, 2018.

1. MonnyMoony

How about this.

When you first log in - friendly fire only does 10% normal damage, until you get either a kill or an assist against an enemy soldier/vehicle, at which point FF damage returns to normal damage for the duration of that session.

Also - make it so that TKing somebody who is on the 10% damage model only counts 10% towards your weapon lock. This would also make taking out TKers much easier and safer. Often you can risk getting weapon locked yourself, just because you are trying to stop a known TKer.

This would help stop people logging in just to TK then logging out again - or would certainly make doing so far less effective since the TKer would have to find a fight and take out an enemy - before being able to TK effectively. If nothing else it would slow them down significantly.
  2. LordKrelas

So by relogging, you can throw a grenade into a cluster of allies & only kill a hostile solider?

By stop, you mean ahead of time, or stop them in the act?
    Weapons-lock can take ages, by itself.

Ironically, it would also make alts very tactical, since they could throw high-explosives into groups of allies without killing a single one, just the enemy, removing the actual risk of using it near allies.
    IE easily exploited.
    Demigan's usual suggestion of historic TK's, & historic actions is usually more effective.
    But even then it's bypassed by new accounts -- While yours is bypassed easily by another alt, or exploiting the protection to use explosives without risk per relog.
  3. MonnyMoony

Seems like an awful lot of effort - for just one kill.

That's the point - it's probably not worth it from a tactical point of view, but would prevent TKers going to friendly only areas and causing massive damage.
  4. LordKrelas

It's about the same effort as logging into another account.
    Team-killing via switching, is incredibly wasteful.

That's the point? You shouldn't be able to relog, and throw explosives harmlessly into allied groups...
    That enemy in the middle of that group, to prevent AOE from being without risk to begin with.

I get the idea is to prevent the SOB that C-4's the sundy.
    But you also allow deliberate spam of explosives, to kill enemies, without harming friendlies - which will be abused hard.
    They'd stick C-4 to their own Max, and walk it in, killing only the enemy, without even risking their own next to it. lool
    Not to mention, it wouldn't stop it: They can get an alt of an enemy on, kill or scratch it, and ta da...

IE, you open up squads literally using explosives without risk, downing enemies that get close, when normal-gameplay, makes it suicide to detonate C-4 to kill 1 enemy, next to 10 friendlies in the blast radius.
    But relogging, makes that.. well perfectly simple.

I rather C-4 get a damn safety-system on allied Sunderers, than allow a jack-*** to C-4 entire groups of intermingled units without risk to their allies.
    IE, throwing grenades deliberately into allied units, that only kills a hostile, would be hella abused.
    We have Team-damage for a purpose.
  5. MonnyMoony

You don't allow spam, of explosives. At most you'd allow a single use of explosives.

Using the method I have proposed - you'd have to:
    • log off
    • log back in
    • deploy to the location you want to use your explosives
    • get to the firefight without inflicting any damage on an enemy solider
    • deploy your explosive in the middle of a firefight where enemy soldiers and friendlies are closely intermixed - all the while without being killed yourself
    • detonate your explosive to kill only the enemy (likely to be a single nade or single C4 brick)
    • log back off and repeat all of the above all over again since the second you caused damage to the enemy your FF damage reduction is removed.
    It would be almost impossible to abuse this to any relevant degree.
    If you are really worried about this being abused, then how about as well as getting a kill or assist - your FF damage reduction is also removed if you take damage from an enemy soldier whilst on route - or if the explosive causes damage to enemy and friendlies at the same time, the mitigation is removed.

There are plenty of ways this could be made to work.
    • Up x 1
  6. LordKrelas

I've played Connery, so, I have dark faith in serious abuse of it.
    But eh, if you're going to include that last bit, it might eventually work without easy abuse? Hopefully?
  7. OldMaster80

I agree, but the issue is those idiots probably have different accounts from their main. You ban them and then what? They will be back in a couple of minutes. We could at least hope they will get bored of registering new emails just to make a new account.

You do that at the speed of light thanks to spawn beacons. And beacons switching makes it abusable as hell. I think I could log ff, log back in and drop in a gunfight in 2 minutes if my squad had a beacon down. It would leave me 8 minutes of destruction. Just imagine this with C4 spammers or a Max crash.
  8. MonnyMoony

Did you even read what I proposed?

The second you cause damage to an enemy soldier, the damage reduction to friendlies is removed and FF returns to normal. This means that at best you could get to cause damage with one C4 brick or one nade - before having to log off and log back in again.

Where did you get this "8 minutes of destruction" from?
  9. OldMaster80

Let's be honest, they do not even see the mess they made with CAI (which is btw incomplete, because the last point about transportation has never been developed), they will never admitt we have a problem with teamkillers. They don't even ban blatant cheaters and lagswitchers. They do sometimes, but many are free to screw good fights all the time.
  10. Halkesh

It will probably stop idiot that TK for fun since doing new email box + finishing the tutorial multiple time aren't fun. And a few minutes are enough time to calm down. So it will reduce the number of TK from trolls and ragekids.
    If a guy is still teamkilling after several ban in the same game session then that guy need help (psychologist), not a punishment (kick/ban).

Even if teamkiller are annoying, most of these trolls / children are sane persons so I suppose my system will drastically reduce the number of teamkiller.
  11. Hegeteus

What if sunderers didn't take teamdamage from characters that have been logged in for less than 15 minutes? Narrowing it down to specifics like these would prevent abusing this mechanic.