Please BUFF the Fracture, For the Gazillionth time

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dgross, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Jubikus

Wonder if it will ever get some love
  2. Dgross

Starting to think posting anything in these forums is a colossal waste of time.

Maybe I should just make a reddit and twitter account and start posting there.
    It's the only two places the devs actually give a damn these days.
  3. Wolfenstian

Might as well post to reddit since that is their official forums, the best you will get here is RadarX saying the thread is being closed.

On topic now. VS reporting in, the Fracture really does need a buff as I never feel threatened when facing it. After awhile I just stopp trying to dodge the shots as I knew they wouldn't hit me in the first place, that is not a good thing and is no fun to fight against. I don't play enough TR to know how to buff properly but something needs to be done, you can't have an AV weapon that vehicles don't even care about dodging.
    • Up x 1
  4. Pikachu

DBG please buff fracture.
    [IMG]
  5. HAXTIME

Bump, especially now that you screwed us over by promising something for the Striker, only for it to be a slightly better close-range berserker weapon against ground vehicles, and receiving an unwanted buff against air.

The good old recipe still holds its power.
    • ask player community,
    • let player community explain their ideas,
    • spit player community in the face and do something entirely different and unnecessary.
  6. PinkHurtsMyEyes

Sry guys but if you want devs attention post on Reddit. They largely ignore these forums for everything but announcements. Sad but true.
  7. GaussOP

I agree with this post. Make the fracture fill the role it was designed for : LONG RANGE AV.

There was a little hope that we would get long range AV from the Striker, but the "buff" made that fart joke into poo joke so no luck there. Please restore the balance through the fracture DEVs. I beg of thee.
  8. NuclearMiner

I regret buying my fractures ;( Show it some love devs please!
  9. HAXTIME

10. placeholder22

<cast spell: Thread necromancy>

There's a lot of whining about fractures and I wanted to know what's wrong with them, but all I see is "they're not as good as they used to be, when every TR max everywhere was running nothing but fractures 24/7"

From VR testing I only noticed they seem to have slightly worse DPS than pounders. Which in Lockdown is DPS on the level of a 2/2 MBT. To me, that is OP. But then most MAX AV weapons are (Why don't they just strap 10 MAX AV weapons to a tank instead of a tank gun?)

Here's what I would suggest: Remove bullet drop. They're rockets, right? Rockets can be gyrostabilized to fly in a straight line. The gyros weight would reduce the warheads size of course. They still get wobble and relative inaccuracy, but they just don't suffer from gravitational drop anymore.
  11. Liewec123

its not about the drop, velocity, damage or anything, but the wobble (atleast imho)
    when you're shooting at a long range target with fractures your character wobbles and the rockets end up flying all over the place.
    the wobble is so bad that I prefer managing the Pounder arc to hit things at render range than deal with the fracture wobble, atleast pounders hit the target if you aim them right.
  12. Boosted

Bump to fix, or refund me my 2k certs
  13. stalkish

Lol, agreed.
    Im am slightly confused as to why they persist on doing this, there were many suggestions for the striker around here, good ones at that. Although i do recall some posters asking for a coyote system for the striker.

I think at this point they should revert it to its originaly dominant form, albeit limit the lockon range to 300-400m. The problems of yester year have been somewhat soved by the dynamic render system, anyone with a striker will be visible while shooting, this was a major problem with the original along with its lockon range. Either keep its dumfire or enable it to lock maxs like it could in ps1.
    Nothing says TR more than seeing 100s of red rockets flying about the place, i miss those screenshots :(.

But then again i wanted them to keep the original mag from release, it was fun to fight against, so maybe im not the one to speak to about it lol.