Please BUFF the Fracture, For the Gazillionth time

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dgross, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Dgross

The Fracture does not perform even close to the Vortex, so yes the original statement was correct. Fractures are unbalanced against both.
    • Up x 1
  2. HAXTIME

I suggested this in the Striker Buff thread just now. My approach to work the Striker into something usable is a mechanism that is a synergising combination of dumbfire and AV lock-on mechanisms (no AA).
    • If locking-on to a target before firing, the missiles behave like those of any other AVRL; but when locking on to a target after or during firing missiles, all projectiles (even mid-flight, already fired ones) switch into lock-on and change direction towards the live position of the target vehicles.
    This mechanism could be easily extended to the Fractures, if the game can handle 2 lock-on mechanisms per one client.
  3. HAXTIME

Illustrated with images in the next post.
  4. Dgross

5. HAXTIME

bump
    • Up x 1
  6. TrashMan

BUMP
    • Up x 1
  7. Dgross

How about another bump.
  8. Demigan

I'm NC here, and I've got to say: Fractures need a big bad buff, especially compared to the other two MAX AV weapons, or even any MAX AV weapon. Hell, while I'm at it: reduce the power of Ravens, they are too good. Just reducing their damage against infantry might be enough.

I think the best way to balance it is to make Fractures a skillful weapon to use. In CQC it can use high fire rate and damage to destroy vehicles, but at long-range it will need trigger discipline to stay accurate.
    First shot is pinpoint accurate, no wobble or drop. This is a tactical rocket designed for distance, let that rocket propulsion do it's work!
    All other shots have a COF. With automatic fire you'll get a medium COF and quickly lose the ability to hit vehicles at long ranges. The COF won't be ultra-big, but it will reduce your damage output at range. With trigger discipline and semi-auto fire you can keep the COF small or even pinpoint accurate, allowing you to shoot at the ranges Ravens and Lancers are still powerful.
  9. HAXTIME

bump

Unfortunately, this doesn't solve anything unless the missiles travel at at least 400m/s.
  10. Boosted

100% agreed

BUMP!
    • Up x 1
  11. Dgross

Coffee and a bump.
  12. NinjaKirby

Solely NC Allegiance player reporting in.

BUMP!

TR need some Love~ <3

inafter Irritating as hell font decoration
  13. Dgross

Woah this got behind a bit.
    New week. Bump.
    • Up x 1
  14. HAXTIME

I'm giving them some time for the Striker, that's why I became inactive in this thread. But Fractures should get in line closely behind the Striker.
  15. Nalothisal

This...so much this please! Bump bump bump bump
    • Up x 1
  16. McMan

I agree, also add to the list flash grenades, Valkire, falcons maybe need some speed boost and the Striker is still ****y. Also dubble the speed of shield regeneration when using ASC suit slot (from 2 seconds? to 1 second) BUMP
  17. ColonelChingles

One warning about a possible flak upgrade to rockets... it can be unintentionally very lethal to infantry.

Just the other day my squad had landed via Galaxy on a mesa overlooking an enemy base. Our Galaxy pilot had helpfully landed behind us to give us extra firepower from the Bulldogs. But as soon as a Burster MAX opened fire from the spawn room, the infantry started taking losses because the nearby Galaxy was setting off flak explosions right over them. In that case we had to ask our Galaxy to move off.

If you allow this against ground vehicles, imagine what might happen in a Sunderer-spawning situation... massive chaos. That's why I think the Striker's Coyote mechanics would work better, which relies on direct damage instead of a flak explosion.

Also the fact that a puny flak explosion damaging armor is immersion-breaking. MBTs should be extremely resistant to non-directed explosions (coughC4cough).
  18. Jubikus

You know something actually needs a buff when people that are going to be on the other end of it come here and say it needs buffed the fracture tho i like its relation to tr the ROF element with the recoil it has just makes it improbable to land many shots at distant targets each shot doesn't do enough damage by its self so your going to get a damage penalty for firing slower and aiming properly.

now the ROF element is fine from a theoretical dps standpoint the problem comes in reliability the vortex and ravens have elements that make it so they can easily land distance shots in the form of the ravens guidance and the vortex straight high velocity shot in addition to the element that shooting slower makes recoil a non issue for theese weapon i know the vortex can shoot fast but the charge up really is nice for aiming purposes.

My suggestion for the fractures wouldnt be a damage buff but something that lets it land shots maby a reduction in recoil or getting rid of the recoil all together so i can at least lead my target more easily.
    • Up x 1
  19. Dgross

20. Goldmonk

Yeah, it needs a nice, little buff. Playing TR MAX makes me feel abused by Prince Higgles