Please BUFF the Fracture, For the Gazillionth time

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dgross, Jun 20, 2015.

1. UberNoob1337101

For the love of TR, i can only say "YES", just nerf Ravens' ridiculous AI capabilities and nerf their damage and reel the Fractures to their level and done.
  2. Dgross

bump
    • Up x 1
  3. GhostAvatar

You forgot rocket acceleration on the Fractures as well.

That would actually be a nerf against vehicles and a buff against infantry. The splash would harm any nearby infantry (like flak does). An you don't get direct hits as the projectile explodes before hitting when it gets inside that limit (like flak does).
  4. Dualice

Never been a big MAX player, but I remember pre-nerf Fractures and don't recall anything distinctly unbalanced about them. In their current state, there doesn't seem to be much point in using them unless you want Pounders with pretty red lights.
    • Up x 1
  5. HAXTIME

This thread is not going down, you worthless, pathetic maggots. I propose one of the following:

Conventional upgrade
    • Increase projectile velocity by 100m/s (to 280)
    • Reduce drop by 90%
    • Reduce recoil by 50%
    Special upgrade
    • Make rockets automatically proximity lock-on to ground-vehicles in an acceptable radius (like the Striker or Coyote, just against ground)
    • Up x 1
  6. FocusLight

You will have to do more than the special version, unless you want to have a seeker-range so high your rockets jump around hitting random vehicles in a tight enough group, or miss completely on moving targets.

I think it would do well to be the ground to ground version of the Striker now, it would also fit the theme - just boost the projectile velocity by at least 100 m/s as you say and reduce it's drop by some 50% or more - that will let you send the rockets more-or-less where you want them and that's good enough to get them into seeker-range. Fractures would still be very spammy and need more rounds to kill than the VS and NC counterparts, but at least it would be viable.

At this point they have no excuse not to, having added the AMR to the class most likely to be in the very vehicles that the Fracture is supposed to kill, and lock-down is still a stationary target that now beg for AMR rounds to the face.
  7. axiom537

/agree Ravens and Vortex's are very similar in performance, yet the fractures lag significantly behind.

I think they need a tighter COF and a velocity buff, this will make them more accurate at greater ranges.
  8. cbplayer

completely scrap the current fractures. It already too much like the nc falcons.
    Instead give TR Maxs an autocannon!
    TR's main trait is "more bullets" anyway
  9. HAXTIME

How about MAX-mounted Vulcans? Of course only the name stays, the weapon should have very good accuracy, high bullet velocity, but not as much damage as that of the MBT and Harasser variants.

EDIT: nevermind, would be too effective against infantry without hilarious nerfing. I'd stick to the proximity-lock (aka Coyote/Striker) missiles against ground.
    • Up x 1
  10. HAXTIME

The reason I didn't suggest both is that I can still output serious damage with these even at long range, and I assume there are other people as well who know the Fractures can be used effectively.

... but yeah, it still significantly underperforms when compared to Ravens and Vortexes. I'd also add a minor damage buff to Vortexes, BTW, but it's the Fractures that need a serious buff one way or another. Especially when the close-range ESAV MBT weapons come into play, at which moment we lose our close range advantage that currently keeps the AV combat in balance.
  11. Dgross

bump
    • Up x 1
  12. Liewec123

agreed, first remove the character wobble when firing, that would atleast make them usable.
    then i'd suggest a velocity buff and RoF increase.
    • Up x 2
  13. Runegrace

I'd be careful about asking for a Coyote mechanic. They made it so that Stealth disables the lockon, which makes Coyotes, Striker, and the Hyena completely worthless against Stealth aircraft. As Stealth+FS seems to be the new meta for a lot of ESFs, I've found using the Striker is often a frustrating experience when trying to get rid of close-range ESFs doing bombing runs. At range? Impossible.

A decent number of tanks use Stealth, too. If they gave this to the Fractures, other empires need only equip the proper defense item to be immune as well.
  14. HAXTIME

I think that's reasonable. I mean, with this thing, you can shoot a Sunderer that is behind perfect cover.
  15. Runegrace

So can the Raven and Phoenix. The difference being that there's no hard-counter defense slot to those.
  16. fives23

I personally want a recoil reduction and RoF increase to spam 20 rockets out accurately ASAP
  17. Dgross

bump. Where are we at with this DBG? RadarX?
  18. HAXTIME

There is still no feedback about this. I'll keep bumping daily until we hear something.
  19. HAXTIME

Please, buff Fractures. Or at least give some feedback on how things stand on your end.
  20. PinkHurtsMyEyes

I agree, Fractures seems UP. I know they were really good but that is a long time ago. To me it seems like they should have their drop reduced. Last time I checked there was virtually no diff in drop on a max lock-down pounder max vs a fractures max. There is a much more noticeable diff without lock-down but yeah, they drop like bricks. Fix them, abandon the new guns for harassers and give TR a good fracture gun as vehicle secondary, then make the vulcan AI and voila, max av balance and harasser balance sorted in one pass. :D

Oh btw, Vortex is underperforming unless massed, Ravens seems to overperform. Fractures are rly pretty when its dark, and aww so cute seeing that TR max trying to hurt my vehicle at range. I think I will stop and take a screen-shot.

Edit: Fixes tank balance too, Then we can remove the "H-guns" and give Harassers the normal vehicle secondaries as main guns and harassers will get the slight buff they kinda need too. Oh my so much balance in just one post.