[Suggestion] Please Add Recon Dart A.S.P skill.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Zazamel, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Zazamel

I think that being able to use a A.S.P skill point to allow the LA to replace the rocklet rifle with the recon darts would be a good way to allow the class to focus even more heavily on anti-infantry roles and allow it some support ability.

When A.S.P skills were added I thought that this skill would be added as a no-brainer but it has been years and this still has not been considered, please devs at least look at the possibility and consider it. I personally do not like the rocklet rifle and having the ability to switch it with literally anything else would be appreciated.
  2. Unlimited

There is a reason the tool slot is not shared with any other class. If you want recon so badly just use the Hunter QCX.
  3. Zazamel

There is a reason? Allow me to ask what reason is that that you're so confident about?
  4. TR5L4Y3R

... actualy for ASP i wouldn´t say no to it ..

i would still add a defaultoption to the Medic and MAX as Recon in this game is lacking

sensordart Hunter is rubish and too much of a AI sacrifice ...
    • Up x 1
  5. Sumowning

The only reason I could think of would be that it further ostracizes Infils from group play, as the meta squads already revolve around any class but LA's and Infils.

However I don't think it's too bad of an idea really, I would say the reason would be good because people whine a lot about not having any recon options against Infils. But then again, they whine about infils all the time.

Honestly, not too bad of a consideration. Though personally I'd prefer seeing the little jumping pad thingy back. That was neat.
  6. FastLatvian

Good idea. Can infils get jetpack then?
  7. TR5L4Y3R

i would legit give them the Rockletrifle as primary option and AV grenades
  8. FastLatvian

RR - doubtfully, but AV grenades - for sure. Not even for damage, but to uncloak shielded sunderers.
    Or, just for luls: AMRs?
  9. Shadowpikachu

AV nades on infil will just mean 2-3 uncloak behind any tank and instakill it, there is a reason they dont have good antitank.
  10. SupaFlea

The infil class was actually supposed to be about its name in PS1 but now its more Assassin class novelty, Cloakers have no real squad support purpose other than term hacking or recon devices.
    As for LA(my primary) i always felt LA and Cloakers never had enough squad utility, most tac outfits would rather you be the other classes. Personally i always thought instead of a rocket rifle we should gotten a harness to boost a single non max over a base wall or at extra fuel cost
  11. TR5L4Y3R

more like 4 to 5 for the instakill and the question is if the damage on multiple sticking grenades would even stack propper, the reason is dumb by the way .. every infantry class should have its level of AV capability ... i see no reason at all why medics and infils have to absolutely rely on other AV plattforms for their own survival especialy when having to support attacks on outside areas where they get bombarded to death ... and honestly .. though i am no infil main i would not have an issue with infil specops teams .. AV nade damage is quite weak still

.... also ... nice Necro
  12. TR5L4Y3R

yea the LA is definitively more a commandoclass .. that said squadsupport could take various different forms where the LA too could deploy recon or intelligence devices like the infils motionspotter as a toolslotoption ..
  13. 23rd enigma

Both medic, infil and la have access to the crossbow. You can equip explosive darts that damage vehicles, and you can also use recon darts arrows.
  14. TR5L4Y3R

as said before recondarts are scrap and sacrifice too much AI or AV potential to be anywhere near worthwhile
    why are you necroing this again?