Please add rear view mirrors.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by icufos, Dec 29, 2019.

1. icufos

Please add a rear view mirror/whatever to all vehicles and planes in PS2 and also hopefully PS3.

It would in my opinion add alot of fun to the game and even it up a bit.
    In real life you can always look behind you. It's essential for survival.
    • Up x 1
  2. IVANPIDORVAN

And please remove 3rd person perspective from game. I am not vechicle main, but i drive harraser\battlebus from time to time and i want to have less situational avareness. Cockpit is so nice, i wish i could drive from 1st person, but advantage of 3rd person is too big to not abuse it
    • Up x 2
  3. Liewec123

It's a cool idea from a gameplay standpoint,
    But from a tech standpoint it's a total nightmare,
    Not only will you be rendering everything in front of your character,
    but now you're doubling it up by rendering everything behind aswell!
    • Up x 3
  4. Scroffel5

Yeah, screw 3rd person. 3rd person is so easy to use and typically much better than 1st because of the stability. I say we add rear view mirrors and get rid of 3rd person. Liewec does have a point though.
  5. Pikachu

I think that is exaggerated. A rear mirror would be a few pixels and have small field of view. It's not like rendering everything twice. Plenty of games have rear mirrors. :)
  6. DarkStarAnubis

+1 on that, 3rd person is very easy to exploit.

However, PS3 should have native TrackIR (https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/) aka "Freelook" support for infantry and vehicle gameplay. It is a very good and realistic alternative, giving far more immersion and stimulating tactical behavior.
  7. iller

You've obviously never had to layout a Tight design on a player base over uneven terrain before.

Removing it from Aircraft also puts groups of intermediate pilots at an even greater disadvantage to the skyKnights and Datlon bullies who have 500+ flying hours
  8. Scroffel5

To that I say meh.