[Suggestion] Please add orange barrels to tank mines.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Goodkat, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Goodkat

As the title says, please add those orange construction barrels to deployed tank mines. These things can be quite dangerous if driven over. There needs to be more of a warning to their presence. An orange barrel, cone, flag, or something of the sort should make them much safer.

I know these giant pizza's are easily seen if looked for, but what of those who drive distracted? The poor soul who happens to be adjusting the radio, doing her makeup, or texting could be temporarily killed if they hit these dangerous tank mines! With a warning device like an orange barrel, a driver would only have to keep half an eye on the road to avoid these nasties.

The manufactures of these hazardous devices should look to the anti-personnel mines as an example. The TR led the industry in noticeable ap mines with their very high profile and visible green warning beams. The VS and NC were not to be outdone, however, as both factions eventually added their own warning light systems that courteously and chivalrously point themselves out to enemies and warn enemies not to step on them.

If we are not careful, and do not continuously strive for safety, we could descend back to the days when mines used to be stealthy area-denial weapons. I know, how dishonorable right? Would you believe they used to BURY these treacherous things to hide them from sight!?! Terrible! We must not slip back down that path! Join me in the signing of this petition to prevent such a travesty.

-Goodkat
    Concerned Citizen of Auraxis
    • Up x 25
  2. MasonSTL

Would have been funnier if you asked for a Pizza Delivery sign for you sundy/harasser.
    • Up x 3
  3. Morchai

Now I want a pizza delivery sign for my lightning.
  4. Vortok

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  5. Fox Reinhold

I DEMAND PIZZA SIGN FOR THE ROOF OF MY SUNDY.

SoE, I have bought ZERO cosmetic items (unless you count camos, which actually help you survive), but I would seriously buy a lit pizza sign.
  6. ChampagneDragon

While we're at it, I DEMAND rear hydraulics for my vanguard. Imagine how sweet it would be with the rear end raised, bouncing up and down to the beat of my music....

I might even pay for it. No, I WOULD pay for it.
    • Up x 1
  7. The King

I want it on my magrider!!!!... wait..
  8. PostalDude

Yeah, and make the bouncing betty release fireworks, and the proxy mines have a bass cannon.
  9. Madcat9

Would you settle for the Pizza Planet Rocket on top of your sundy?
    • Up x 2
  10. Madcat9

Magriders would get the ability to go low rider.
  11. Fox Reinhold

[IMG]

I demand this Sundy style.
    • Up x 4
  12. Fox Reinhold

Have this has a new Vanguard horn? At least a new instrumental part. I would agree not to fire on any Vanguard that simply beeped at me.

13. LonelyTerran

10/10 would read again
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  14. chrisbeebops

There is only one decal I would ever spend SC...

:eek: <-- this guy right here.

Higby pls
    • Up x 2
  15. Ryekir

Nice, probably the funniest post I've read on these forums. Well played.
    • Up x 2
  16. Goodkat

Thanks, I hope this post gets the message out there.
  17. Haruk

Can we remove tank mines entirely and replace them with orange barrels?

Auraxian roads are dangerous and don't have guard rails.

Drivers need to be warned. It's a public service.
  18. HadesR

But then the VS would want ice cream decal for theirs and things would go down hill from there.
  19. Cirevam

Orange barrels are a good step, but you're thinking too small. We need the spawn beacon effect tied to each mine at the very least. If they're still a problem, we can attach waypoint effects to each mine, with infinite render distance. Being on the same continent as a mine is dangerous enough, so we should make sure everyone has enough warning no matter where they are.
    • Up x 2
  20. Rogueghost

Agreed completely, the roads of auraxis are already a very dangerous place, no need for tank mines making them more so.