Playing less and less because of Air, taking an indefinite break

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bejita231, Dec 25, 2012.

1. SikVvVidiT

I remember seeing a simular argument in Planetside 1 concerning BFR's all the little BattleMech kiddies won and people left in drones. Everything repeats itself and this time it's all about you little flyboy and Tankers that want to impose your gameplay on others that will just eventually leave. Planetside never recovered from the mass exodus after BFR's Planetside 2 will not either.

Myself and others are not asking that you nerf Air or Tanks into the ground, we just want a better way of dealing with them. The current meausures we have of dealing with this issue is severely lacking. Planetside 1 was fine in this regard, they need to look there to see what needs to be done.

So now the Devs and use grunts have a choice, either they fix these problems or they allow them to continue and we (full time grunts) eventually leave and go back to playing COD/BF/Planetside 1/etc.
    • Up x 2
  2. KayGeddon

AA doesn't get kills. It drives aircraft off. This does not give certs. Remove the ability to repair aircraft(which is fair, as it would make the timers somewhat relevant as they start at spawn as opposed to death), and you might have a chance at intelligent conversation.

Too bad, it's a pilot defending his farm.
    • Up x 1
  3. -TS-

So you're quitting because you lack common sense or because you're just bad at video games and everything should be easy for you to do?

I'm sure Call of Duty would appreciate your business.

And this just shows you how ******** many of the people that play Planetside really are.

If you want a 5km engagement range on Hellfires, then you can have all the realistic anti-air you want. In other words -- you're a *******.
  4. Tasogie

Well if we had AA in the game with the power of a Sea sparrow, thye would really have something to complain about. But we dont, so we have to make do. (Applied for Navy at 16 to be a Clearance diver).... I know that SOE had to make allowances for "fun" an game balance, being able to outrun AA is something that had to happen. Because if a Missile in PS2 could accelerate to mac 3 in a few seconds, no aircraft would be safe.
    I did actually post a suggestion that praps the big bases like Crossroads an Crown could have "SA2" Sites as its main air defense, but its just too powerful for a game to have a missile like that.

Edit
    I am just waiting for SOE to add "Javelins" to the game. Then you will really hear some crying from tankers.
    (There is also a big differnce between a "Seawiz" and a MAX-AA dont fire DU explosive shells:p.....
  5. smokemaker

"I remember seeing a simular argument in Planetside 1 concerning BFR's all the little BattleMech kiddies won and people left in drones. Everything repeats itself and this time it's all about you little flyboy and Tankers that want to impose your gameplay on others that will just eventually leave. Planetside never recovered from the mass exodus after BFR's Planetside 2 will not either."

If i remember PS1 went on to a good long game life with many fans. And in reality PS2 is out and its current balance is Air > Vehicles > Infantry. I am not trying to impose my will on you. This is the games mechanics. It is you wanting to change the current game mechanics. And thus you wish for me to change to your vision of what the game should be. Not what it is. Who is trying to impose ones will on whom?

"Myself and others are not asking that you nerf Air or Tanks into the ground, we just want a better way of dealing with them. The current meausures we have of dealing with this issue is severely lacking. Planetside 1 was fine in this regard, they need to look there to see what needs to be done."

Whats lacking is a willingness to understand the current counters AND then a WILLINGNESS to use them. The past is a good measurement for the future but should not be our only guide to it.

"So now the Devs and use grunts have a choice, either they fix these problems or they allow them to continue and we (full time grunts) eventually leave and go back to playing COD/BF/Planetside 1/etc."

The Dev's are working the issue. Big patch rumors in January. Not far off at all. And you nailed the real problem in the head by accident when you stated "we (full time grunts)". Infantry that are unwilling to adapt to the battlefield allow themselves to be farmed.
  6. UberBonisseur

Long enough to unload my pods and fly away
    And that was not the point.

You can't achieve deterrent roles by balancing on damage only
  7. Tasogie

youd be long dead if you tried to unload on an AA. Unless your esf is fully upgraded, even Small arms can bring you down.
  8. KayGeddon

Outplay, yes. Outrun, no.
  9. Mietz

Wow, MAX/skyguard/HA can down ESFs in ~5 seconds?
  10. Chrysalis

Really? Because I remember a game that never added servers and was forced to merge them after that debacle.

I remember a game that flirted with the idea of aggressive in-game advertising. Maybe you don't remember that very low point in PS1's history, but I do.

When most people speak of Planetside the first, they speak of it not as a success, because by no measure of the word was it a success. It was a niche title. But perhaps worse, it was a niche title that drove its own playerbase away with some incredibly stupid design decisions (BFRs)

Second verse, same as the first. They've got a good concept, but SoE has always been good at murdering good concepts.
  11. Seph Kurai

I have fully cert AA max, fully AA lightening, and AA rocket launcher on HA. The only thing these can kill are pilots not paying attention. If even a mosquito or scythe targets me the only thing that can stand a chance is AA lightening and that's if he's stupid enough to be completely still. How does it make sense that air is the only counter to air, when air is also the counter to vehicles and infantry. The devs own definition and functionality of air proves that it is overpowered compared to anything else. So basically saying this game is just who has more upgraded air then the other team.
  12. KayGeddon

Truth:Liberator kills AA max. ESF also kills AA max. All other ground AA is useless. Get more AA maxes? To counter one vehicle? 3 people in a liberator !=3x durability. It SHOULD equal 1x durability, with about 1.5x offense. But it's a flying tank that exceeds all tanks. Until they nerf air TTK into oblivion, game will not even approach balance.
  13. LittleBlackRainCloud

Using anti air maxes is not only terrible experience gain, it's a waste of time spent farming certs to get the guns..
  14. LittleBlackRainCloud

This is the truth.
  15. Tasogie

its rare that one salvo of rockets can kill a tank or sundy. As for infantry, rockets have a very small splash aoe, so you need to almost hit them dead on.
    Soon as you come off target, the MAX is gonna shoot you in ****, an rip you to pieces.
  16. RykerStruvian

Not really. Rear armor damage from vehicles makes this pretty possible and infantry isn't hard to hit with nightvision. I just bought rocketpods today and finished after two hours with 40:1. My reaver has racer airframe 3, flare 1, and vehicle stealth. Rocketpods have level 3 ammunition capacity and IR. The game is stupid easy as air with rocketpods.
  17. {joer

This another other sagas of hyperbole and lies will be coming daily to the forums.

15+ maxes to take down one lib? Thats a good one.
  18. SikVvVidiT

How did planetside go on to have a good long life when they were forced to merge their 7 servers down to 3 and then down to 1 or was it two, either way they had to downsize ALOT.

Current counters? Are you serious do you actually play this game? Come to Matterson and try to use those Current counters at the 15 skeeters 10 libs in the sky and the 15 tanks driving around.. See how long you last as each ONE of those 40 vehicles can instagib you.

Im not a fly boy or a tanker if I wanted to play games as one I would play World of Tanks or a Flight simulater... I am a grunt which is the backbone of this and other FPS games.. GRUNTS! When I sign in I am creating a avatar of a grunt not a plane with eyebrows and lipz nor a Tank with a buz cut. Mark my words all you flyboys and tankers out there will regret when people like me leave this game to other games that cater to the grunts. It happend before and if this current state of gameplay keeps going it will happen agian. History does not need to repeat itself so soon in this game, but if SOE refuses to budge on this issue they did it to themselfs... AGIAN!
  19. DeadlyShoe

2x double burster maxes + engineer are enough to get massive numbers of ESF kills and drive off liberators (sometimes kills). God knows I've done that enough times.

never run 6 double bursters but the amount of air it could kill seems limitless, as long as its not just sitting at a Sunderer. Sitting at sunderers kills more bursterMAX than anything else.
  20. Accuser

I like the infantry combat in this game, but my priority is helping my team. Right now, I'm 10x more effective in a Liberator than I am running around on the ground. It wouldn't be a problem if there were more infantry-only areas... but right now my pilot can give me a shot on any capture point in the game, outside of Bio Labs and Tech Plants (but including the Amp Station cap point). And with Tech Plants, I can put shells over the shield to kill any Sunderers/tanks inside (or camp the shield gens till they drop).

If you're infantry and you're outside a Bio Lab, you're gonna have a bad time.
    Need a massive roof over Amp Stations.
    Need walls to protect infantry on towers (making it all interior except for the air terms themselves).
    Need to put warpgate-type shields on the windows of capture points, or block off all the windows.
    Need a low, flat, warpgate-type shield over every other base that prevents aircraft camping until infantry can get in and disable the shield.
    • Up x 4