[Suggestion] Playing against Proxy/scout radar

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Godsmangamer, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Godsmangamer

Aside from the bug where our helmet and weapon still have a hard time going into deep cloak we still have proxy and scout radar.
    Proxy and Scout are the only really game breaking elements to gameplay at this point.
    I have gotten to the point where I can see how vehicles are acting on the mini map or see this enemy player with this "ok theirs a infil here somewhere" look and that's when I know the game is up. The problem with this is that some times the game had not even begun yet.

Suggestion cloak disables proxy but not the scout radar that the flash has( we can shoot the driver(sometimes)) Do this and take away the explosive bolt so that this https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/crossbows-taking-down-tanks.176772/page-4 will not become common place. I know I would put a squad together just to do that if proxy radar did not apply to us. It would be op but with out the explosive bolt nope as long as you stay in your tank your not a target step out and then well KEEP MOVEING. The only times I have ever got a driver kill is when he was repairing and stood stock still then ping ping down.

Mostly this thread was not really about ranting but to ask other players If once they have seen that change in vehicle and player behavior have they ever gotten away.
    The only way I made it away once was by redeploying. and starting up again.
    Thank you and away Stalkers slip silently into the breach
  2. LibertyRevolution

Don't worry, I am sure they will sell you an implant to make you not show up on radar.
    • Up x 1
  3. Godsmangamer

If they go with the current iteration though it will be like a boost. Running out at the wrong times and needing to be replenished fairly often.
    I can work with the running out at the wrong point with carful time management but the replenishment will be a bit hard to deal with.
    especially with the other implants they will be putting up like "better hearing"( makes footsteps louder)
    Their will be counter play with these I know but still just a bit frustrating.

I am fine with showing up on radar fyi when I screw up and sprint into a dart's ping or get spotted by the movement sensor this is great counter play and helps my skill with the cloak increase.
    Dark light really makes things interesting and fun. The threat of those flashlights help me to remember to move after a good kill and not stay in the same area depending on the situation.
    Proxy/scout though makes it impossible to hunt the Zerg and improve situational awareness for the newer/lower skill players out there. I am sure some don't think of it that way but if I was really going for farming I would not be playing the patient stalker cloak.
  4. Rohxer

I would be sure to separate proxy and scout radar in your discussion.

In my opinion, proxy radar is a non-issue. It has shorter range, and only detects you when you move. In addition, your dot is only visible to people in _that_ vehicle.

Scout radar, on the other hand, is extremely overpowered, as anyone in range sees your dot whether you are cloaked, or moving, or standing still. Though I am both a victim and an abuser of this. :)
  5. Godsmangamer

agreed I am not a user so I was a little unsure. Digging around has revealed that yes proxy is less of a issue but still the only sign that it is acting on us is when the vehicles change there actions and that little thing that shows up but sometimes you just don't have a clear view.
    Scout radar is well yeah over powered and as has been discussed in another thread this could be effectively worked with by having vehicles with this show up different on the mini map or by giving it pings like the darts. This would at least provide us with warning that we are in a detection range.
    The other thought would be a suit slot that tells you when you have been pinged.
    this could be done with a icon like in skyrim with the eye open or closed.
    this would also open up a new utility for infiltrators letting squad mates know when radar was active.
  6. Nyscha

They should include the sound of the radar in the sound improvement implant which is coming as it currently increases the range a dot is shown when they fire a gun and enemy footsteps.

They could make it sound like submarine sonar sounds when you are near a radar equipped vehicle while you use that implant.
    • Up x 1
  7. Benevon

I thought scout radar only showed to the person in that vehicle as well in it's current state. Especially since any time I died while hiding well (people running right by me) with stalker cloak, it was a random ESF that hovered in front of me and unloaded rocket pods in my direction.
  8. Hoki

Having cloak not show up on proxy/scout would be fine imo.

Back before they moved proxy to the defense slot, I used to play a game where i'd not shoot the infil, but try to run them over.

Unless you climb a mountain you aren't getting away.

The problem is when infs drop squad beacons near your position and spot you, so you have to kill them even if they pose no direct threat.
  9. Nyscha

The sound can be something like this.

• Up x 1
  10. Rohxer

Nope, scout radar (ESF and flash) shows up for everyone on your team.

You ever been in a large battle, when all of a sudden the entire mini-map lights up red? That was an ESF with scout that flew by. I'm surprised you never noticed teammates using flashes for the same, but smaller, effect.

I pull my scout ESF all the time after a large AMP station battle to help my team clean up all the remaining red dots from the base.
  11. Benevon

When you say team, is that all allies or just while on a squad? I don't really run in squads often to be honest, and since I almost always have rexon darts up I guess I never noticed.
  12. Godsmangamer

all allies
    • Up x 1
  13. iller

Proxy is fine. It's extremely short to begin with. And they actually have to conform to GROUND GEOMETRY to get close to you with it. And if you're just hanging out that close to any thoroughfare then that's your fault not SOE's.

Scout + Lolpods OTOH is complete flipping bull **** and never should have been allowed to exist as long as it has.

I'm buying a 2nd Burster today just so I can Rage-switch to MAX everytime I'm lolpodded while in deep stalker cloak.
  14. Rohxer

In your case it would be anyone wearing the color red, regardless of squad or platoon affiliation.
  15. Rohxer

That's a good idea, but usually a waste of infantry resources, because at the first sign of resistance most ESFs run away. When I do this I always feel like I have to stay in that claustrophobic MAX suit until I die, which gets boring for me.

What I usually do is look at my respawn options. There is usually a base with AA turrets in the vicinity that can reach that far, and as an infiltrator it can even be an enemy base. I go there and damage them enough to scare them off, or kill if lucky. If it's not an option, I like to respawn as a HA with a Phoenix and try to one-shot them. Love hitting ESFs that hover with those. And the scout radar ESFs usually do hover, or at least remain in the general area.
    • Up x 1
  16. Rikkit

In my Opinion it's much easier to hit them with the shrike (dumbfire default launcher) what also results in a nearly onehit kill.
    (up to 5 seconds Burning)