Player looking for an outfit

Discussion in 'Cobalt (EU)' started by GuardianofOceans, Apr 9, 2013.

1. GuardianofOceans

The title pretty much says it - I'm an NC soldier on Cobalt looking for an outfit to join. Below are the criteria on what I'd like to see (none are mandatory but preferable), and a bit about me as a player.

What I am looking for in an outfit

-A relatively relaxed experience. I don't mind good organization, coordination and such, but I still want to be able to decide for myself if/when I am going to spawn X vehicle for the team. Similarly the outfit should have room for idle chatter, laughs and whatnot when there's no orders to listen to.

-A minimal degree of organization. Squad Leaders, Platoon Leaders, organization of objectives and the like. Kinda goes against my other preference, but while I want it to be relaxed, I don't want it too relaxed either.

-Fair ranking. If your outfit's leaders are a group of IRL friends or such, I'm not interested, and I won't be either if the people of highest Level imperatively get the best spots. I'd like a fair chance based on my skills, not how long I've been grinding.

None of those are mandatory, but if those criteria apply to your outfit please let me know. Oh, and try to make your answer post just a bit personal if possible instead of copy/pasting your outfit's advertisement, thank you much :)

For myself:
    -I am a college student with a fairly decent timeframe, especially for evenings. I consider myself mature, and have yet to thrashtalk in chat or the like. You might hear a "damnit!" if I get killed, but that's about as far as I'll go.

-English isn't my primary language, but I do understand it very well - there just might be an occasional problem with a specific word or such.

-I'm pretty new to FPS games so my K/D ratio isn't all that amazing, but I'm slowly improving.

-As I'm writing this post, my player level is 25.

-I've had a decent share of all classes without specializing much. My current favorites would be Engineer and Combat Medic though.

-I've led several squads and 2-3 platoons up until now, mainly organizing short-term attacks but I'm best with a small squad where the "me" counts. If Planetside 2 allows me to use my mic ingame, I like to use the voice chat, but I'm open to Voice Chat programs as well.

-I do like to keep track of Planetside 2's "technical" side, and feel like I'm better at understanding the game and its mechanics ("X has been modified to work like this, we've added Y to the game, Z has been removed...") than actually playing it.

For any questions I'm available either on the forums (might take a while for me to see messages) or in the game as GuardianBlackthorn. Thank you for replying :)
  2. Markan

I'm no recruiter but if you want to see how one of the NC outfits runs then look for a open Jesters squad pretty much any evening. The TS is open to non-members as well. There are plenty of non-native english speakers in the outfit already and most of them speak clearer English than many of the native speakers :)

It may not be the outfit for you but it should give you a benchmark at least.