[Suggestion] Platinum Medal

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Verviedi, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Verviedi

Currently the whole auraxium situation is basically this.

Me- This gun is great! I'm going to Auraxium it!

*4 minutes later
    "Hooray! Bronze medal!"

*1 hour later
    Hooray! Silver medal!

*3 hours later
    Hooray! Gold medal! Wait. 1000 kills until next medal? SCREW THIS THING. LASHER TIME!

I propose adding a Platinum medal at 500 kills. This will lower the gulf between the Auraxium medal and the Gold medal, and give people more incentive to auraxium things. The Platinum medal will give 50 certs for achievement.
    • Up x 9
  2. DatVanuMan

50???
    But I want MOAR!
    Surely you did not steal my ideas for a Legendary medal, have you now?
  3. Flamberge

^ This is definitely me. Only replace Lasher with God SAW and Phoenix :cool:

This would be a great idea IMO. Something to break up the monotony of getting that coveted Auraxium.
  4. Verviedi

What's a legendary medal? Is that a special medal you get for auraxiuming an auraxium weapon?
  5. Klypto

?

I auraxiumed one of my gun over the weekend. It's not that hard people.
    • Up x 2
  6. Jur270

not veryoone could get massively killstreak i barely auraxium 3 weapons in more 1 year
  7. Verviedi

Well you're MLG PRO 1337.
  8. DatVanuMan

Click the thread to find out!
  9. Verviedi

Link pl0x
  10. DatVanuMan

The link is right below the hummus picture:p
  11. Verviedi

Thanks. Really good idea.
  12. DatVanuMan

No recoil FTW!:p
  13. TheKhopesh

I wish Medals worked like directives as far as the kill requirement goes.

Allow me to illustrate.
    Medals currently work like this:

Copper medal, 10 kills on weapon.
    Silver medal, 60 kills on weapon.
    Gold medal, 160 kills on weapon.
    Auraxium medal, 1,160 kills on weapon.

I am suggesting that unlocking medals work like this:

Copper medal, 10 kills on weapon.
    Silver medal, 50 kills on weapon.
    Gold medal, 100 kills on weapon.
    Auraxium medal, 1,000 kills on weapon.

This would require an even 1,000 kills on a weapon for it's Auraxium medal.
    Rather than the weapon's lifetime total requiring 1,160 kills to reach Auraxium.

The purpose for this is for two-fold:

One, It just makes more sense.
    A grand total of 1,000 kills on a weapon to get the Auraxium medal seems far more logical, which would make more sense to new players and veterans alike.

Two, You could add a Platinum medal at 500 kills more easily.
    (With the current system, adding a Platinum medal at 500 kills would require 1,660 kills per weapon to reach Auraxium. This would also take away many Auraxium medals from people who have already earned it, which I feel would be unfair to them.)

On a -near- entirely different subject:
    Know what would be cool?
    As a reward for getting the Auraxium medal on the Directive Reward Weapons...

It would be cool if you could de-attach one of the pre-equipped attachments (Only one at a time. If you try to take a two off, it will re-equip the previous attachment you had taken off) from directive reward weapons.

That would at least let me take the HVA that I hate so much off the Gauss Prime (It adds too much bloom for me to be comfortable with it).
  14. RHINO_Mk.II

Where's my medal for 10,000 kills?
  15. Klypto

That is not how directives work.

If it was based on the directives system, your total would still be 1,160 kills. Directives don't stack each tier, but they drop the requirements of the others not met by giving your free points on those requirements to match the current tier.

Need 100 A or 100 B or 100 C

Complete A and B, and the directives automatically give you 100 C so you don't have to go through two levels of C for the next tier
  16. vsae

Whats wrong with just using the weapon and eventually auraxiuming it? If you're too impatient, then dont even bother trying to auraxium things. In the end, nobody forces you to do so.
  17. TheKhopesh

Sorry, Directive Ribbons (That is how the ribbons work, I just got one of the ribbons for detection/spotting and they carried over from the 3rd to the 4th tier).