PlanetsideBattles is organizing a World Record Match!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OdinsPride, Dec 16, 2014.

1. IvanCGray

Still awaiting news regarding faction rosters...
  2. Rizen

only 1000 players, that doesnt sound hard to break at all.
  3. Bindlestiff

I've heard nothing - do the people currently signed up but unselected assume we've not got in then? How does it work?
    • Up x 1
  4. Rikkit

On reddit there was some aktions going on, a few weeks ago, from what i heared, if you haven't signed up jet, there is no point in doing it right now, couse they already have way more players signed up than they can handle.
    (They calculated the event for 3000 people and 5000 have announced their interest)
  5. NewbMewb

I just hope they will hand out some codes for the Exceptional Weapons (for those who sign up for this event), i really want to start on that directive but im stuck, have to wait until February for the Heartstring and Blackheart. :(
  6. bobjimmy12378

So I've never done this game, but I'd love to join this special event! So you're saying I can't just join the server and play, I have to join a clan first? Could anyone tell whats the best clan for a noob like myself? Thanks!
  7. Bindlestiff

I signed up within a few minutes of the OPs post going up, as did many others. That won't make any difference if people are picking, it will be the same old names as per usual.
  8. Smoovious

I know this won't happen, but I would still like to see...

...that this take place on Esamir... all territories allocated as normal except for Eisa Tech Plant being allocated Neutral.

Everyone force-spawned into the A point detection area before the alert begins. 1000 players all contesting the A point at the same time, basically.

Alert begins and weapons are now active with everyone confined in a small space and mixed together.

Who wins the tech plant, and how long does it take? :)

-- Smoov

edit: and for an extra, a world record for the most number of people weapon-locked for friendly fire at once, in a 10 second period. :)
  9. AnimaMortar

First of all, faction representatives are just human and can't read over 2000+ applicants! I was so desperate to be a part of this that I think what it's like to be faction representative. I said to myself that if I'm signing up like the others then it's pretty slim-to-none that I'll get chosen. So I email'd him. Yes, simple as that. Here's a FACT: People are so lazy they don't even read the forums, the topics, etc... how much more to write an email?

Here's how it worked for me: I signed up and then email'd(gmail) the faction representative(in BriggsVS). The faction representative(Lokithelost) replied that he would like to talk to me after I emailed him about my availability, either through TeamSpeak or Mumble. BOOM! Now we've talked and I'm waiting for the SMASH! :D Loki <3 :rolleyes:
  10. Bindlestiff

Good for you.

Some people are lazy, granted. Others follow instructions; I didn't see anywhere where it said to sign up and then send a bum licking email to the faction rep. Why should you have to? In a proper system, signing up should be all that is required and then names picked at random. But clearly this isn't a proper system is it?

Remember this isn't a battle where server pride is at stake, it is purely a numbers thing. Why should it matter if outfit x or y are well represented? Oh that is right - because those in charge ensure that their own cliquey needs are catered for before the public are even considered.

All the best in the world record attempt. I have no doubt you'll get it.
    • Up x 1
  11. Lekar

I always miss the amazing things, I'm always late to the once-in-a-lifetime opportunities.
  12. mer1c

Well, is there a list or something where you can see who's participating? Can't find anything...
  13. Raztaman

I just got an e-mail with all the platoons detailed.

To anyone who knows, is there any way of changing servers? For some reason I was signed up for Miller even though I'm on Cobalt, such a huge freaking bummer that I'll probably just drop out of the record altogether if I can't swap.
  14. GlexBowflex

I'd love to join but it seems to be full already and limited more towards outfits. They could easily raise the bar, probably double what they were targeting for. For H1n1 stability it looks like they just want to break it slightly. This could be a great way to introduce many new players to the game since it's free also. Could easily round up so many more players than this. But ok.
  15. JGDK

Im a part of a very small outfit, we are only 3 guys @Miller. We play alot, but dosnt use the forum/reddit so much. Is there any way we could have 2 slots for the World Record tomorrow?

Best regards
    JGDK - TR:100 - VS:100 - NC:100
  16. BIllyGG

Man I was hoping to get in on this, but no love for the lone wolves. *Howls at the moon*
  17. ElastaPlast

Anyone from Cobalt received their logins yet? Still waiting here and it's getting pretty close, 1.25 hours until we're supposed to login.