Planetside2 Revealed!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dopy7dvs, Sep 20, 2013.

1. dopy7dvs

We seem to go on and on in these forums about various points. Weapons being overpowered, factions being overpowered, problems, etc...I guess what else would we have to talk about?
    In my opinion, this game is based upon a very simple principle: Rock/Paper/Scissors. With this theme in mind, the factions would relate to each other like this: NC-Rock, TR-Paper, VS-Scissors. Rock smack Scissors, Scissors cut Paper and Paper covers Rock. Each relates to very specific equipment, and as a result, must use very specific tactics to be successful. There are of course exceptions to this across factions with different equipment but the game is designed with these themes in mind and fluid enough to allow for situational weapons.
    My point: Dominance in this game isn't the goal! "Victory" isn't the goal. There really is no stated "goal" as of yet. The object of the game is to have fun, enjoy the social aspect of the game, and try to get better utilizing the tactics that have been provided.
    If Outfit/Platoon/Squad Leaders would keep the Rock/Paper/Scissors model in mind, they may find better success utilizing their faction's assets.
    Have Fun Guys!
  2. RomulusX

3. Notih8Darian

Rock is OP and Paper is balanced.
    Sincerely, Scissors
    • Up x 5
  4. IamDH

L2P scissors

Paper is OP
    -Rock
    • Up x 2
  5. Kirbs

Sorry but this game isn't even close to rock, paper scissors.

Its rock, paper, and someone running around with an Uzi 9mm in one hand and a sledgehammer in the other. I will let you decide who is who.
  6. Regpuppy

So... NC should always attack Vanu while avoiding TR? I'm not sure you get the whole rock, paper, scissors comment when it comes to game balance. But anyway, might as well post a funny classic about a badly balanced system.

Anyway, when it comes to factions. You cannot, I repeat, can NOT hold it to the rock, paper, scissors method. That's reserved for specific tools within each faction and balanced between each possible matchup of factions.
    • Up x 2
  7. SolLeks

IMO fps games should not be rock paper scissors at all >.>
    • Up x 1
  8. PapaPetro

Last time I checked, rock/paper/scissors was a boring game. It's better to be dynamically balanced than simplistically.
    • Up x 1
  9. IOwnblueacre

Rocks are more environmentally friendly, any idea the amount of bleach we put into our paper?
    • Up x 1
  10. FateJH

A rock paper scissors dynamic isn't prone to the rock ever failing to smash the scissors or the paper tearing against the rock. This debate is nonsense.
  11. Aegie

How was your day today?
  12. NovaAustralis

How about: Rock - Paper - Scissors - Lizard - Spock?
    • Scissors cut paper
    • Paper covers rock
    • Rock crushes lizard
    • Lizard poisons Spock
    • Spock smashes (or melts) scissors
    • Scissors decapitate lizard
    • Lizard eats paper
    • Paper disproves Spock
    • Spock vaporizes rock
    • Rock breaks scissors
    • Up x 1
  13. Regpuppy

Well, yeah. It should never ever be a hardline rock/paper/scissors setup. But no matter what happens, we'll end up with a soft rock/paper/scissors setup a lot of the time.
  14. Kodaa