Planetside2.exe keeps crashing.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by JimmyRustles666, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Tolderius

As I have posted on another forum... After trying the BCDEdit thing and that, alone, not working, I also increased the Priority of PS2 and turned down all the graphics.

I sometimes crash during respawn, but I had a few hours of solid flight time, no problems. Participated in a lengthy tank battle, and some assorted infantry shenanigans.

After in the game, I did CTRL+ALT+DLT, right clicked on Planetside2.exe, opened "Priority..." and set it to "High". And turned all my graphics to low but kept my resolution. Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference between high and low graphics besides everything not being obscenely bright. But, REAL gamers care about gameplay and not graphics. It's how we still enjoy Quake II, Tribes, Team Fortress, and other classics to this day :D

When I tried setting it to "RealTime" it was unstable. Had a lot of sound glitches and the game didn't last any longer than usual, but High did the trick. For me, that is.
    • Up x 1
  2. Jeriko

My problem is similar to yours... (besides the humor)
    Everytime i play planet side 2, the game crashes 5 - 10 minutes, mostly when i die, or respawn
  3. jinart123

When I try to change the priority it says "Access Denied." and i'm unable to fix my problem!:(
  4. jinart123

Nevermind, it worked this time, i'll try this now!
    And it didn't work, but longer by about 5 minutes.
  5. Tolderius

Turned graphics all the way down and did the advised BCDEdit thing too?
  6. Peikkonaama

I found that changing server to US (i am eurozone player) and setting graphics detail to "low" improved performance and enabled to play +5 minutes. Current record: 45 mins with multiple deaths (which previously caused game to crash).

I vote for memory leak (awesomium-process causes Shogun 2 to crash too)/server problems causing the CTDs. My gear is 4gig with 32bit Vista. Game runs smooth and nice even with higher details until CTD.
  7. pooya

this worked for me fine...just open cmd as administrator
  8. Cuchilain

This helped me with being able to play longer. It hasnt adversely affected my computer yet, so i advise this fix as a safe one. I still do have weird fps drops of course, and all i can say about that is damn my cpu! I continue to look several times a day for fixes to these problems.
  9. doctorwho

This worked wonders for me! Thanks for the info!
  10. Bad Man

I downloaded PS2 through steam and it crashed frequently so I tried verifying the integrity of game cache and it found that I was missing 206 files for my PS2. If you downloaded it from steam then you might want to check it.
  11. BenYeeHua

Don't check with steam one, use LaunchPad one. see the sticky topic.

Steam users, please avoid the Steam Validate Files feature
  12. Lightning185

i have a 4gb ram,but it still says access is denied
  13. Meta Haze

Lightning185, You will need to right click CMD and Run as Administrator to get full access. Then try again, and it will almost 100% work :)
  14. JRevolver

I tried this and it said environment variable increseuserva 3000 not defined
  15. Mystic58

This is ridiculous, I have 8GB Ram on a 64bit Processor and I still crash often.
  16. Gheeta

This is absolutely silly, get your **** together and fix this for **** sake, i mean it has been months now and still mostly happens while flying.