Planetside unplayable for me after GU08.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xGreedFuSioN, May 23, 2013.

1. xGreedFuSioN

No, this isn't another omgrofflecopteryoloswagmycomputersucks thread, I get 60 steady fps in almost every situation.

This, my fellow forum warriors, is about lag.
    Post GU08 I cannot play, period. It takes a minute and a half to deploy, everyone is constantly teleporting, I can't use jumpjets, cloak, overshield, or dash. I can't ressuply or peform any team action. enemies walk straight through walls and into the air.
    I can't record footage for my youtube channel.
    NOTHING has changed on my end, ping is fine and dandy.
    just shetty servers.
    I love how they just expect a normal ole' server to hold up 2,000 players on a huge a** map.

Ugh, so frustrating, I really wanna try out GU09.
  2. Locke

Many people are playing the game just fine with very little lag. I certainly haven't seen many people talking about having the issues you are describing.

I don't think server latency is your issue.
  3. Hosp

I actually played fine yesterday. Little lag spike here and there, but that happens in any game.
  4. xGreedFuSioN

I'll upload a video of what's happening, give me a bit.
  5. Locke

I'm not saying you aren't having these issues I just think it's far more likely to be an issue at your end especially if it's been ongoing since GU08. I'm no expert but it could possibly be something with how your router is configured (maybe set to not except UDP?).

Either way I'd suggest you go to the technical support forum or raise a support ticket:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?forums/general-technical-support.29/

https://auth.station.sony.com/login...gin/redirect/ask/p_li/&theme=soe&locale=en_US
  6. RX530SS

Maybe it's your ISP?
  7. BH Brigade

I'm lagging pretty badly too, and I have 50mbs down with 20 up, decent internet. I'm on Connery, and I live in the west coast so it's not like I'm using an EU server. I just don't get it.....
  8. xGreedFuSioN

Well to be fair my internet is pretty bad (256kb/s download, 50kb/s upload, 70-150 ping) but I've never had this kind of lag. You'll see when vid gets done, it's at 16%
  9. Vorxil

My ping is 115 ms on Waterson during prime from Europe. Hardly noticeable given average human reaction time is around 200 ms.
  10. MangoPunch

Playing on Connery from Australia, getting no noticeable lag issues, even in multi-platoon battles.
  11. Vastly

12. xGreedFuSioN

13. Vastly

Not sure. I think the main problem was dynamic overclocking ie the BIOS, or whatever, changing CPU speed on the fly. My 920 is overclocked to 4.2Ghz and doesn't give me any problems.
  14. Hosp

Not sure, but I thought that was an AMD issue. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Another thing to consider, is it really lag you're experiencing and not just FPS drops/stutters? I had an issue after GU08 where I would get some bad stuttering followed by flashing followed by CTD. Going to latest Beta Driver for my 650ti fixed that. But if it weren't for the flashing, I woulda thought it was the server sacrificing hamsters.

Even when I had a crappy connection (which was slower than yours), I played pretty well. Granted I live in Central Time Zone. But could be something everyone is overlooking.
  15. xGreedFuSioN

Underclocked CPU to default 3.4Ghz, let's see.
  16. xGreedFuSioN

No difference, game is still unplayable. Please help, any fixes or anything like that. I can't do ANYTHING without people just teleporting all over the place and nothing working, not even in tiny battles.
  17. xGreedFuSioN

I pinged my server (mattherson) and am getting 97 ping. wat du.
  18. RX530SS

LOL, nice system specs.
    • Up x 1