Planetside just closes after patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by cptStrawberry, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Novarius

I fixed this WITHOUT Creating a new character.
    I logged in to Char select screen. Picked my main. Hit enter.
    At 5% loading I alt tabbed out and WAITED a good 2 minutes.
    Tab back in to being online.
    Try it.
  2. itechen2

the problem i have with that is they continuously put out updates that have issues and fail to identify major issues before going live.
  3. Grandpa

You mean that is a "hiding bug"? Don't watch the loading screen, so its not angry anymore and let you in ? o_O
    And NO, its surely NOT working
  4. itechen2

No

does not work
  5. KorKwanP

same here
    first i thought it was a cpu issue
    but thankfully it is not!
  6. Kcalehc

same for me. can select a character, but when I hit Play.... "why hello there again, desktop"
  7. MichaelS

Add me to the list.
  8. masterryang33

thanks SOE, never crashed before but now i cant stop crashing, you guys rock
  9. KirthGersen

Well, deleting unused character and creating another one didnt help. It crashed when I tried to logged in with new, crashed again when I tried main and again when tried new.
  10. foesjoe

I had the same problem and solved it by posting a nude selfie under #leak4Jlaw on Twitter.
    • Up x 2
  11. Gursuay

I cant play!!! help SOEEEE. plz
  12. blueangleofdeath

RadarX@RadarX 2m
    If you are still having issues logging in to @planetside2 let me know!
  13. RuthlessMoose

This irritates me. The forum should be the first source of contact. Not twitter.
    • Up x 4
  14. Zerghor

Same here
  15. blueangleofdeath

Agreed Ruthlees :)

Katharine Anderson@katharinelilly 1m
    Working on getting the @planetside2 client build out now. Much thanks to @autenil + our QA team for being on it this morning!
  16. MacavitySWE

Same problem, super slow loading time to get to the 100% mark and the game just closes, unable to play.
    Not happy.
    This all started after the Valkyrie patch, and now with the latest patch the game just refuses to load at all, when I reach the 100% loaded mark it just crashes to desktop, no warning, just BAM gone.
  17. bubbleawsome

Didn't work sadly. It's trying to log me onto Amerish now instead of Indar though.
  18. Zerghor

When my girlfriend is out I cant play the dam game, because when she is here with me I JUST CANT PLAY IT she wants all the dam atention god dam SOE fix this fast before she gets home !
    • Up x 2
  19. blueangleofdeath

Joshua Kriegshauser@autenil 2m
    Patched @planetside2 client is up! Go go gogogogogoogogogogoogogo
  20. Jac70

New patch hotfix works for me now...
  21. tigerchips

Does it work though?