Planetside doesnt start - no error, nothing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by FreakinFrank, Mar 12, 2015.

1. FreakinFrank

Hey there,

im having a problem here. After running through different solutions on the forums and other places, im out of options, thus, posting here.
    Once the launcher got all updates and everything done, i hit play, nothing happens. Launcher just tells me the "game is loading,please wait".
    Watching the task manager, it seems like the planetside2.exe shows up for a moment and then dies.

Im running on windows 8.1 Pro 64x
    GeForce GTX 770
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
    8GB of Ram

Possible solutions checked:

Avast antivirus (added exception for Planetside2)
    Admin mode for all the exe's
    Replacing / renaming the exe to force 32bit exe to start up
    Reinstalled 3 times
    Deleted Launcher cache

Anything else that might help'd be appreciated.
  2. Chettone

Same happens to me and my brother. I run the game at windows 7 64bits. I also use Avast, Razer Synapse.

In my case the game starts loading and after 6% load the game crashes and sends me to the webpage where it says:
    Game Error G99
  3. Emmo

I am having the exact same problem as the above poster (Chettone). Using the PS2 verify game files, it found nothing wrong. Using the steam game file verifier, it found 330 broken files and proceeded to fix them. However, this did not fix the crash. I then uninstalled, reinstalled, and am still stuck with the same issue.

SOMETIMES it will get to 9%, but usually it will crash at 6%, though I suspect it usually gets to 9% and then immediately crashes, possibly before I can register that the number changed.

I have not had this problem previously, so I'm positive it's related somehow to the game update.

Any help would be most appreciated.

(also running Avast and some other stuff, but since none of that has changed since the last successful run, I don't think it's relevant)
  4. Galaximus

I can confirm it is Avast Anti-Virus. If you disable Avast shields you will notice you get past the 6% mark and everything loads up. Oddly enough if I tried enough times with the shields on it would eventually let me know. This is odd because it tells me if bothered enough that either Avast stops blocking like it should or PS2 finds an alternative method to reach out to the servers.

I too added PS2 to the exception list, I'm extremely familar with Avast and sell the product as part of a business and can confirm though that Avast is not taking my requests to allow Awesomeium (spelling) or the Planetside2.exe (x64 and x86) as well as the LaunchPad.exe. So hopefully this is something that is resolved by either Avast or the PS2 crew.
  5. Galaximus

I too sell Avast for my I.T. business and use it for my home systems. I was using Avast Internet Security on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and had this issue suddenly appear. I can confirm YOU CANNOT add exceptions and make it work. Sad to admit I simply disable my shield while playing PS2 and re-enable when done.

This is an Avast/PS2 issue, nothing else so you don't need to look further to try and figure out what is up. The question is when will Day Break finally acknowledge this is an issue, regardless of whether it is their issue or Avast needs to make a change.... I've been seeing people's posts about this issue for over a year now.

I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro x64 and the issue persisted. I re-installed from dead scratch Windows 10 Pro x64 last night and can confirm the issue is identical to what I had before even after installing a trial (30 day full) version of Avast. I did this to confirm that my license didn't somehow load up settings from Avast's login.

This issue needs to be resolved ASAP Day Break... either give us an acceptable work around or acknowledge that it is out of your realm to resolve. Thanks.
  6. Galaximus

LOL I was almost responding to myself... Well yeah.. This issue needs some fixing guys. Apparently I thought enough of it to respond to this thread in March and now again today 6 months later... WTF