[Suggestion] Planetside 2 should be..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, May 6, 2023.

1. AntDX316

..the game where friends and groups can flex playing together.

Imagine groups of people who want to dominate a multiplayer battlefield on the same server. From a Squad of 2 to multiple Platoons, they should play Planetside 2. If this were to occur across different factions on Emerald complete with all the communications the game has to offer and on Discord, the game would be a lot better.

To make people who would want to do this aware would be the real challenge for the game owners.

The Outfit Leaders today, the people who play this game, desire this to happen but there aren't that many. It's not that the rest of the world doesn't like the game, it's the rest of the world has no idea this even all exist.

Fixing the code with AI LLMs would go a long way as well as what is needed to market this to the entire world.

From what I've seen, no top group remains dominant no matter how big and how good. SKL, VKTZ, Recursion, 2RAF, R18, etc. The other faction can stop them. I've looked at ps2alerts frequently to see the dominant outfits and know for sure the game is balanced as /command and other players try to shut things down so they win. It makes the game better when people know how to play and try to dominate the battlefield only to lose because the other 2 factions began working together.

3 teams with 900 people on the map, aircraft/tanks/medics/etc., no lag, and yet people complain somehow. They might be complaining about other things in their life but definitely the game is no doubt truly awesome.
  2. Demigan

If you want this you need the infrastructure first.

Currently you have very little way for players to play together. Currently there is barely any of that, squad and platoon gameplay heavily limits the amount of cooperation you can have and most of it boils down to a version of “you lot go there”.

You need the small-scale cooperation, where any two randoms can actively and easily pass information to one another without using voice chat. Then if that works well decide “hey how about we team up” and they form a squad, then repeat the process. THAT should always have been the basis for forming squads and platoons, “we are playing well together and want to keep doing that”.

But since you already tried to actively limit the idea of a Q-spot radial menu to guide other players somewhere I doubt that you would ever reach a proper solution to achieve what you want.
  3. aversi0n

Or you prefer solo gameplay and trust in legendary NC swarm intelligence ;) :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swarm_intelligence

(I'm pretty sure though, a lot of players and the developers actually want more social gameplay interaction, simply because there is more appreciation and, last but not least, more money to earn with)